Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Conti764

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Post by Conti764 »

Boavida wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 14:58
Conti764 wrote: 23 Dec 2020, 07:59 Quite unfair. If you want to compare entrances, take BRU's terminal buildings as example and not this temporary infrastructure which makes the tents actually a good thing. If it was more than temporary a more definitive construction would have been build.
It's not unfair. This IS the entrance area for all passengers who are dropped off, arrive by bus or taxi. That is a LOT of pax! They never see the exterior of the departure hall due to this "temporary" drop off zone. Temporary since 2016 and probably here to stay for many, many years to come. So not so temporary...
It IS temporary. Covid-19 probably slows everything down but that's a valid excuse. Cash is very low at this time. Most passengers don't give a damn about how it looks at the drop off and given the fact that in normal times parkings are filled to capacity, a large numbers of passengers do see the terminal building iso the drop off zone.
I still haven't seen a plan to modernise the area. And I'm afraid Corona will be the perfect excuse to delay things even further... :|
Because it will go away one day. The train station will expand, the bus station will be renovated, trams (and subway?) will be added to it...

Why waste money on things that are going away?

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

De Lijn is to create a new tram line from Brussels - North to Brussels Airport, from 2026, using the current 25 and 62 paths and should be built from 2023 the area from "Eurocontrol" to Brussels Airport.

https://www.dhnet.be/regions/bruxelles/ ... .facebook

Why not STIB/MIVB by extending tram line 62?
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

TLspotting wrote: 21 Jan 2021, 09:10 De Lijn is to create a new tram line from Brussels - North to Brussels Airport, from 2026, using the current 25 and 62 paths and should be built from 2023 the area from "Eurocontrol" to Brussels Airport.

Remarkable, indeed. If De Lijn is using MIVB-tramways, it means investing in a relatively small subfleet of trams since the MIVB uses a different gauge than De Lijn.

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

Atlantis wrote: 23 Dec 2020, 10:29
Conti764 wrote: 23 Dec 2020, 07:59
Boavida wrote: 21 Dec 2020, 21:08 At CRL, things are moving. New entrance infrastructure:

Nothing spectacular but... compare this to the 'grand entrance' of BRU. :o Messy and ugly. Does this even look like an airport? People have to walk through a tent(!) to pass the ugly busstation to finally get to a small door to enter the airport. My local containerpark looks better.

"The heart of Europe", ladies and gentlemen. Nothing is done here, there isn't even a plan (apart from some 2040(!) fantasy vision). It's shameful.

THIS is how modern airport infrastructure should look like:

I wonder does Arnaud Feist ever visits other airports?
Quite unfair. If you want to compare entrances, take BRU's terminal buildings as example and not this temporary infrastructure which makes the tents actually a good thing. If it was more than temporary a more definitive construction would have been build.
Exactly. If you want to compare its indeed with the real entrance buildings and not the drop off zone.
BTW the facade is now also completely refreshed. The old looking is completely removed and is in the style of the Deloitte building.

It's also extremely low regarding the personal attack on Mr Feist. What do you think by yourself Boavida???
Atlantis,
This "Entrance" is a SHAME.
Please tell your Mr. Feist.
Are you guys at BRU from another planet ??

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

TLspotting wrote: 21 Jan 2021, 09:10 De Lijn is to create a new tram line from Brussels - North to Brussels Airport, from 2026, using the current 25 and 62 paths and should be built from 2023 the area from "Eurocontrol" to Brussels Airport.

https://www.dhnet.be/regions/bruxelles/ ... 8.facebook

This is going to be the extension of line 62!

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

2026 is still a long time, but I wonder if this project is going to be build with the future public transportation facilities at BRU (e.g. renovated/new bus terminal, expanded train station,...)?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

TLspotting wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 18:00

https://www.dhnet.be/regions/bruxelles/ ... 8.facebook

This is going to be the extension of line 62!
It confirms a discussion I had with Brussels Airport CEO Arnaud Feist during the demonstration run of the trambus of De Lijn. I asked him when there would be a 'real' tram at the airport (as opposed to a 'trambus'). He answered that there were ongoing discussions, which have now produced results. However, 2026 is far away: we should hire some Chinese to make it faster!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

I would take the information from the DH with a pinch of salt about this 2026 date.
They also say that the tram 62 will bring you from North Station to the Airport in ... 30 minutes. The existing train takes 11 minutes.

So 2026, maybe. After all we know how long anything takes over here. When JFK made his speech in 1961 to go to the moon, it took them 8 years to make it. And at that time NASA had just launched one (1) crewed (suborbital) 15 minute flight.
In 5 years time we will prolong an existing tram line by 4km.

Aaaaargh !

H.A.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Homo Aeroportus wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 20:21 I would take the information from the DH with a pinch of salt about this 2026 date.
They also say that the tram 62 will bring you from North Station to the Airport in ... 30 minutes. The existing train takes 11 minutes.

So 2026, maybe. After all we know how long anything takes over here. When JFK made his speech in 1961 to go to the moon, it took them 8 years to make it. And at that time NASA had just launched one (1) crewed (suborbital) 15 minute flight.

Aaaaargh !

H.A.
Maybe it has something to do with (preperations for) other projects as well?

The entire F2 and everything on it (Sheraton, offices) is due to disappear at some point. A larger trainstation,...

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Homo Aeroportus wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 20:21 I would take the information from the DH with a pinch of salt about this 2026 date.

Aaaaargh !

H.A.
Yep but the thing is, have you already looked at the prices?

There is a huge difference, I mean it's like taking tram line 8 because it goes from Louise to Roodebeek while the shortest is to take the line 2/6 to Arts-Loi then line 1...

The possible route is really interesting, there are lots of new connecting lines at Brussels Airport (such as 820).

In Brussels, it goes to Bordet (S4, S5, S7, S9, IC, 21, 32, 45, 55, 59, 64, 65, 69, 80), Meiser (7, 25, 63 + many De Lijn lines), then Liedts (25, 32,55) and Brussels North (3, 4, 14, 20, 25, 32, 55, 61 + lots of De Lijn)...

I wrote the different lines for the time being, as Metro 3 is to be done to Brussels North in 2024 and to Bordet around 2030. It becomes a bit off-topic as lines "62" and 25 could change their direction, 62 (with probably a new number, maybe 10, 11 or 12) entering and going to Rogier iso North, and 25 heading to "Cimetière de Jette".