Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Conti764

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Post by Conti764 »

BRU has started the replacement of jetways at pier B. The jetway at B37 is removed and the zone around B38 is closed.

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

Correct. 237,238 and 240 will all get new boarding bridges in the coming months.
Whether other works are planned at those stands as well, I have no idea.
Thomas

HQ_BRU_Lover

Post by HQ_BRU_Lover »

KriVa wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 11:24 Correct. 237,238 and 240 will all get new boarding bridges in the coming months.
Whether other works are planned at those stands as well, I have no idea.
Are these the double ones which can be used for widebodies (f.e. 77W and 380)?

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

None of those stands had double boarding bridges in the past, I feel like you’re thinking of 233. That stand is A380 capable, with double bridges. Whether or not double bridges will be installed, I have no clue, but I do think others on this forum might.
Thomas

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

KriVa wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 12:30 None of those stands had double boarding bridges in the past, I feel like you’re thinking of 233. That stand is A380 capable, with double bridges. Whether or not double bridges will be installed, I have no clue, but I do think others on this forum might.
233 is a triple bridge A380 capable gate. One can expect more double gates at pier B since more large planes are being send to BRU.

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Most positions on B Pier will have double bridges. Installation will be phased due to on-going Ops airside and the need to adapt the inside of the terminal.
All glass-walled like on the A Pier.

H.A.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

All bridges at the B pier will be double bridges. This is a project of 52 million euro.
Only stand 233 is a triple one.

Everything will be finished at the end of 2022. It goes in phases as everything is in operation

lucas

Post by lucas »

Today, de fence revealed the plans for the new ha'gars that will be built at Melsbroek to accommodate the new A400M aircraft. They will be built next to the existing hangars for the C130s and will be the biggest hangars built by defence ever. The hangars will be as big as two football fields and can host three A400s 1t the same time
/https://m.hln.be/in-de-buurt/steenokker ... ~a88dcd77/

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Customs line, towards T-gates, this morning around 09:45

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

luchtzak wrote: 16 Dec 2019, 10:35 Customs line, towards T-gates, this morning around 09:45
This T-zone is a disgrace honoustly. It cannot cope with amount of pax SN has.

It is the most important market of the most important customer of the airport and they have to operate from substandard installations.

Stij

Post by Stij »

luchtzak wrote: 16 Dec 2019, 10:35 Customs line, towards T-gates, this morning around 09:45
Shame!!!

Stij

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

Stij wrote: 16 Dec 2019, 10:53
Shame!!!

Stij
AMATEURS.

SN & BRU doing everything to kills the Chicken with the Golden Eggs.
This is just poor management .
BRU is not capable to organize the Busy moments. Very Sad.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

JOVAN wrote: 16 Dec 2019, 11:07
Stij wrote: 16 Dec 2019, 10:53
Shame!!!

Stij
AMATEURS.

SN & BRU doing everything to kills the Chicken with the Golden Eggs.
This is just poor management .
BRU is not capable to organize the Busy moments. Very Sad.
How is this SN's fault? They have to operate within the conditions set by BRU.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

SN long-haul flights will be late ... as usual, with or without queues. It is noon and SN managed to send 2 long haul flights ... an achievement! I suppose SN enjoyed the conditions set by BRU...or accept it.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Brussels Airport Company is building a 5G-ready network at the airport in collaboration with Finnish Nokia and Belgian operator Citymesh. As one of the first sites in Belgium with 5G technology, the airport is able to speed up its operational efficiency and support further technological innovation. Brussels Airport will put the 5G-ready network into operation towards the end of March.

https://www.aviation24.be/airports/brus ... g-network/

gege1028

Post by gege1028 »

Curious (good) itw in the French newspapers les échos about the future of Brussels airport between CDG and AMS
https://www.lesechos.fr/industrie-servi ... lm-1158566

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

gege1028 wrote: 23 Dec 2019, 22:52 Curious (good) itw in the French newspapers les échos about the future of Brussels airport between CDG and AMS
https://www.lesechos.fr/industrie-servi ... lm-1158566
A positive article for once. They need to hurry to attract more Dutch passengers though. The current situation with almost all Dutch airports being full won't last forever; AMS isn't building a new pier and terminal with more than half the capacity of BRU to remain empty. So far BRU pax for 2019 is +2,5%, a bit less gleeful than the article makes it seem. In reality BRU's home carrier is probably to weak to really profit from challanges faces by neighboring airports.

The article is plain wrong that BRU is cheap, it's one of the most expensive airports in Europe when you take into account all costs. AMS collects less airport charges and government levies than BRU while it's much bigger, at CDG it's less per pax. The comparison for the Delta flight doesn't take into account some charges and that CDG differentiates based on destination with intercontinental flights being the most expensive.

Also BRU has gotten relatively more expensive than CDG and AMS over the years. Might have to do with that BRU is owned by Canadian teachers, while CDG and AMS are government owned. :(

https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/binaries/r ... n-2018.pdf (PDF, Dutch)

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Ansett wrote: 24 Dec 2019, 15:46
luchtzak wrote: 23 Dec 2019, 12:56 Brussels Airport Company is building a 5G-ready network at the airport in collaboration with Finnish Nokia and Belgian operator Citymesh. As one of the first sites in Belgium with 5G technology, the airport is able to speed up its operational efficiency and support further technological innovation. Brussels Airport will put the 5G-ready network into operation towards the end of March.

https://www.aviation24.be/airports/brus ... g-network/

OK, very good.
But honestly, I thought there would have been other priorities.
I was thinking the same.
There is no problem with the bussing , border control , screening,... at Bru :(
Best regards,

Airbuske

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

Jetter wrote: 23 Dec 2019, 23:40..
Small correction: I was wrong about BRU being more expensive than CDG. This graph shows the costs per passenger. Thus BRU isn't that expensive but not exactly cheap either as the article suggests. It's notable that BRU differentiates very little based on O&D or transfer traffic, and the latter is where most competition is. Might be good for local passengers but it's bad for SN attracting connecting passengers.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Ansett wrote: 24 Dec 2019, 15:39 OK, a positive article for once.
But indeed also plain wrong when the journalist says SN and BRU benefit from the support of the LG Group (makes me laugh) and when A.F. says that BRU has become an important hub for the LH Group and Star Alliance it makes me :lol:
Of course it's just a little detail that BRU is one of the largest international transfer hubs in the full Star Alliance network based on hard facts rather than a personal grudge against LH :roll: