Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

lumumba

Re: BRU infrastructure: future

Post by lumumba »

Boavida wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 15:25 ^^ According to VRT, the hall will be used as an 'event hall'... https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2018/08/17 ... ieuwe-dra/

It's ridiculous. The most beautiful part of the airport and passengers will not see it...

In the meantime, the amateurism outside continues: at the drop of area the tent has returned! Also numerous (dirty) concrete blocks can be seen at the "bus station" to guide the passengers. You should see it to believe it.
Where do you read in this article that that it will used has event hall!!!

Please you can be critical about the airport I'm myself but try to stay honest or you point of view will worth nothing anymore on this forum.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

I have to apologise...
But that was in the past, if I understand well they going to use the satellite again.
It seems that passengers will go true the sky hall again.
Last edited by lumumba on 18 Aug 2018, 21:25, edited 2 times in total.

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

And what's that in English, please?
Remember the forum management insists on the use of this language.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

jan_olieslagers wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 16:10 And what's that in English, please?
Remember the forum management insists on the use of this language.
I do my best I will try to improve.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I was at the press conference yesterday, or rather at the visit of the works on the Sky Hall, especially the lifting of one of the 53.5-tonne trusses with a 700-tonne crane:

https://www.aviation24.be/airports/brus ... structure/

One of the engineers in charge of the renovation works told me that the hall would be used as a transit hall (like it was the case when it was originally built in the mid-fifties) for the future Pier C, which will indeed be built around the satellite as mentioned by lumumba. From the Sky Hall, there is already a long corridor under the KPMG and Deloitte buildings.

That is what I call Long-Range Planning!
André
ex Sabena #26567

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

I think a possible outlook is seen here in the videao at the bottom

https://www.aviation24.be/airports/brus ... -eye-view/

Danny

Established02

Post by Established02 »

Brussels Airport renoveert dak Sky Hall + video
http://www.ringtv.be/nieuws/brussels-ai ... k-sky-hall

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

What's going to be build in the gap between the Skyhall and the terminal?

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Conti764 wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 03:14 What's going to be build in the gap between the Skyhall and the terminal?
A new building for bagage handling / screening.
Best regards,

Airbuske

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

On the video BRU 2014 you can clearly see that Pier C is reserved for Ryanair, Tui and probably more low costs airlines.
That would be a pity really to give LCC's such a premium location.

The Sky Hall is a central cross point in the whole airport lay-out.
It would be a pity to use this as an event hall.
What kind of event?? Brussels has more than enough locations for all kind of events.

To use a prime location and building in an international airport, for a few events a week ( a month ???) cannot be called professional management.
Or will they use it for the yearly Shareholders Meeting (??) - enough place for all the Toronto- pensioned teachers ??

Let us hope BRU management will think "PASSENGERS FIRST" (especially the one paying high airport taxes...)

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Conti764 wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 03:14 What's going to be build in the gap between the Skyhall and the terminal?
Hi Conti764,

To give you the right and only right answer on this ;); A new administration building is at this moment being under construction for the BAC people who are leaving the Satellite.

At this moment a few departments of BAC moved already from the Satellite to the new Passport building where KPMG, Microsoft are located.
But of course, not everybody can sit there, so a new building will be between the terminal and the Sky Hall

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Ansett wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 17:31 Thanks for this info, André. Just a question : is there really enough space to build a C pier ? Do you by any chance know if the satellite will be renovated and have boarding gates again ? Thanks.
Hi Ansett,

There is more than enough space for the new C pier, otherwise it was not implemented in the Vision 2040. The Sky Hall and the Satellite will be connected with this C pier, let's even say that the satellite will be the central point in this.

This means that this "nostalgic" part of the airport will have again a "real aviation" future.

I would not say that pier C is reserved for Ryanair bcs with this company you never know what will be, you just can't build a long term relation with that company as in a whimp they can change their mind.

Pier C will be open for many airlines

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

I, too, hope that this Skyhall I knew kid, will find a life in the field of aviation in everyday life and not in the form of "cesspool" event ...I wrote "cloaque" in french...

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Atlantis wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 16:54
Hi Conti764,

To give you the right and only right answer on this ;); A new administration building is at this moment being under construction for the BAC people who are leaving the Satellite.

At this moment a few departments of BAC moved already from the Satellite to the new Passport building where KPMG, Microsoft are located.
But of course, not everybody can sit there, so a new building will be between the terminal and the Sky Hall
Informative as always. Thanks, Atlantis...

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Hey Atlantis.
So in the first place the satellites will stay and later on it will be replaced by the C pier is that correct?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Hi Lumumba,

The satellite will never disappear. After some time it will be integrated into the new C pier. Let's say that the Satellite will be more or less the start/beginning point of the C pier

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

According to an older article I've just read (April 2017), formal decisions about A pier West were to be taken in 2017. Anything concrete has been decided? Any idea when construction might start? BAC estimates it will be necessary as from 2023...

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Atlantis wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 08:56 Hi Lumumba,

The satellite will never disappear. After some time it will be integrated into the new C pier. Let's say that the Satellite will be more or less the start/beginning point of the C pier
Thanks for the clarification.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Twitter : "During works on apron 9 (cargo zone) an aircraft bomb was found. The situation does not present any danger for terminal buildings, passenger and cargo operations. Hence, all operations continue as planned. DOVO will dismantle the bomb during the night of Tuesday on Wednesday."
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

TLspotting wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 20:13 Twitter : "During works on apron 9 (cargo zone) an aircraft bomb was found. The situation does not present any danger for terminal buildings, passenger and cargo operations. Hence, all operations continue as planned. DOVO will dismantle the bomb during the night of Tuesday on Wednesday."
Full story: https://www.aviation24.be/airports/brus ... s-airport/
André
ex Sabena #26567