BRU winter 09-10: latest news, routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4275
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

BRU winter 09-10: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Atlantis » 05 Apr 2009, 15:27

Some news about the long haul flights next winter:

American Airlines: New York -> B757-200
Chicago -> B777-200

Delta Airlines: New York -> B757-200
Atlanta -> B767-300

US Airways: Philadelphia -> B757-200

United Airlines: Chicago/Washington -> B777-200

Continental: Newark -> B767-400

Etihad Airways: Abu Dhabi -> A330-200

Note: this all can change.

Shanti
Posts: 395
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 16:08

Re: BRU winter 09-10: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Shanti » 05 Apr 2009, 18:15

It would be very nice to have a new belgian company (low cost, charter, whatever)
especially for my photos. :D

User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4275
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Re: BRU winter 09-10: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Atlantis » 11 Apr 2009, 14:21

After the summer Etihad Airways will continue with its 6 flights a week to BRU.

sdbelgium
Posts: 2727
Joined: 10 Aug 2008, 13:32
Location: Gent
Contact:

Re: BRU winter 09-10: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by sdbelgium » 27 Apr 2009, 16:14

Eff 25OCT09, easyJet is to increase Brussels-Berlin Schoenefeld from 1 to 2 daily flights.

User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4275
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Re: BRU winter 09-10: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Atlantis » 14 May 2009, 17:19

Transavia.com is flying back from BRU to Innsbruck and Salzburg.

Innsbruck: starting 18.12 and this 3x a week.
Salzburg: starting 19.12 and this 2x a week.

fcw
Posts: 610
Joined: 01 Nov 2006, 23:20

Re: BRU winter 09-10: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by fcw » 15 May 2009, 12:02

EasyJet: Bru-Geneva: three times a day.

SabenaForever
Posts: 481
Joined: 24 Dec 2003, 00:00

Re: BRU winter 09-10: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by SabenaForever » 11 Jun 2009, 15:38

The year-round service of US Airways PHl to BRU, becomes a 'seasonal' service..
Last flight on 23 october! It will be a summer seasonal service only..

What a pitty, but with this economic crisis, It is not a suprise...

Not only BRU, also Malpensa and Zurich

User avatar
Conti764
Posts: 1603
Joined: 21 Sep 2007, 23:21

Re: BRU winter 09-10: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Conti764 » 11 Jun 2009, 18:15

SabenaForever wrote:The year-round service of US Airways PHl to BRU, becomes a 'seasonal' service..
Last flight on 23 october! It will be a summer seasonal service only..

What a pitty, but with this economic crisis, It is not a suprise...

Not only BRU, also Malpensa and Zurich
Not a surprise, I'd say. They are the smallest of the US carriers operating to BRU and, unlike CO, UA, AA and DL who either have a long time settlement in Brussels or have started ops in economically viable times, they started in 2007 at a time when the crisis (although fairly small in size) was already looming around. Not to mention they don't have the best reputation of the US carriers.

User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4275
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Re: BRU winter 09-10: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Atlantis » 17 Jun 2009, 16:50

Conti764 wrote:
SabenaForever wrote:The year-round service of US Airways PHl to BRU, becomes a 'seasonal' service..
Last flight on 23 october! It will be a summer seasonal service only..

What a pitty, but with this economic crisis, It is not a suprise...

Not only BRU, also Malpensa and Zurich
Not a surprise, I'd say. They are the smallest of the US carriers operating to BRU and, unlike CO, UA, AA and DL who either have a long time settlement in Brussels or have started ops in economically viable times, they started in 2007 at a time when the crisis (although fairly small in size) was already looming around. Not to mention they don't have the best reputation of the US carriers.
I think it's still a surprise but I think we will never know the exact reason. If we have a look at the loads, they are very good: always between 90% and 95%.

User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4275
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Re: BRU winter 09-10: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Atlantis » 17 Jun 2009, 17:12

Brussels Airlines is going to increase their number of flights to Dakar to a daily flight. Banjul will increase to three flights.

sdbelgium
Posts: 2727
Joined: 10 Aug 2008, 13:32
Location: Gent
Contact:

Re: BRU winter 09-10: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by sdbelgium » 17 Jun 2009, 17:23

Atlantis wrote:Brussels Airlines is going to increase their number of flights to Dakar to a daily flight. Banjul will increase to three flights.
Do current aircraft utilization rates permit this? I understand they are quite high already, can they fly another two rotations?

JOVAN
Posts: 428
Joined: 08 Jun 2006, 00:00

Re: BRU winter 09-10: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by JOVAN » 17 Jun 2009, 20:54

sdbelgium wrote:
Atlantis wrote:Brussels Airlines is going to increase their number of flights to Dakar to a daily flight. Banjul will increase to three flights.
Do current aircraft utilization rates permit this? I understand they are quite high already, can they fly another two rotations?
Probably they will reduce frequencies to other destinations in Africa.

But that is usually not announced.

summersso
Posts: 172
Joined: 20 Oct 2006, 18:45
Location: Vienna, Austria

Re: BRU winter 09-10: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by summersso » 17 Jun 2009, 21:15

When is the new LCC terminal due to open? Do we know which airlines will operate from it, to where and how often? Do Brussels Airport have any guarantees that easyJet will expand their network from Brussels?

User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4275
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Re: BRU winter 09-10: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Atlantis » 17 Jun 2009, 21:48

summersso wrote:When is the new LCC terminal due to open? Do we know which airlines will operate from it, to where and how often? Do Brussels Airport have any guarantees that easyJet will expand their network from Brussels?
The LCT will be open by next winter season, in a couple of months.

It will never be confirmed openly if there will be guarantees. That's part of the file and not for the public.

User avatar
Conti764
Posts: 1603
Joined: 21 Sep 2007, 23:21

Re: BRU winter 09-10: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Conti764 » 18 Jun 2009, 12:49

Atlantis wrote:
I think it's still a surprise but I think we will never know the exact reason. If we have a look at the loads, they are very good: always between 90% and 95%.
OK, but how where the yields? You can fill a plane and still make a loss.

User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4275
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Re: BRU winter 09-10: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Atlantis » 18 Jun 2009, 13:13

Conti764 wrote:
Atlantis wrote:
I think it's still a surprise but I think we will never know the exact reason. If we have a look at the loads, they are very good: always between 90% and 95%.
OK, but how where the yields? You can fill a plane and still make a loss.
I know, that's why I only spoke about the loads. I have no idea about the yields.

sdbelgium
Posts: 2727
Joined: 10 Aug 2008, 13:32
Location: Gent
Contact:

Re: BRU winter 09-10: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by sdbelgium » 21 Jun 2009, 10:54

Atlantis wrote:Some news about the long haul flights next winter:

American Airlines: Chicago -> B777-200
Goes back to 767-300 effective 19NOV09.

JOVAN
Posts: 428
Joined: 08 Jun 2006, 00:00

Re: BRU winter 09-10: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by JOVAN » 21 Jun 2009, 11:20

summersso wrote:When is the new LCC terminal due to open? Do we know which airlines will operate from it, to where and how often? Do Brussels Airport have any guarantees that easyJet will expand their network from Brussels?
We do not know which airlines will enjoy the LCC, but lets make a list

Atlas Blue
Blue Air
Clickair
Flybe
Easyjet
Myair
skyeurope
vueling
Windjet


On an average day, we will reach maybe 10 outgoing flights??

Some of above airlines will not exist anymore by the end of the year.

Not all of them will/can move to the LCT.


I stick to my prediction: this LCT will be a failure (paid for by PAX and airlines using the expensive part of the airport).

Charlie Roy
Posts: 515
Joined: 29 Aug 2006, 22:20
Location: Europa

Re: BRU winter 09-10: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Charlie Roy » 21 Jun 2009, 14:46

I'll just add Aer Lingus to your list. But I'm not sure if non-Schengen destinations like "Dublin" will be served? Flybe also exclusively serve non-Schengen destinations, as do Atlas Blue, so I suppose the LCC Terminal will indeed be both Schengen and non-Schengen...?

Atlas Blue
Blue Air
Clickair
Flybe
Easyjet
Myair
skyeurope
vueling
Windjet
Aer Lingus

User avatar
OO-JFP
Posts: 281
Joined: 23 Jul 2004, 00:00
Location: RVL
Contact:

Re: BRU winter 09-10: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by OO-JFP » 21 Jun 2009, 17:01

by JOVAN » 21 Jun 2009 11:20 am

summersso wrote:
When is the new LCC terminal due to open? Do we know which airlines will operate from it, to where and how often? Do Brussels Airport have any guarantees that easyJet will expand their network from Brussels?


We do not know which airlines will enjoy the LCC, but lets make a list

Atlas Blue
Blue Air
Clickair
Flybe
Easyjet
Myair
skyeurope
vueling
Windjet


On an average day, we will reach maybe 10 outgoing flights??

Some of above airlines will not exist anymore by the end of the year.

Not all of them will/can move to the LCT.


I stick to my prediction: this LCT will be a failure (paid for by PAX and airlines using the expensive part of the airport).
I visited CDG last week and saw Windjet, Easyjet, Flybe, Myair, Air Arabia, Vueling and others. Same for AMS. Why not in BRU ?
If I follow your logic they ought to shut down PAX Ops at LGG as well. Less than 10 PAX flights a day and paid by cargo operations (or is it the Walloon gvnmt?).
OO-JFP

Post Reply