New Swiss Airline: Helvetic.com !!

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

What do you think of the livery?

Poll ended at 05 Oct 2003, 22:10

Total votes: 0

Avro

New Swiss Airline: Helvetic.com !!

Post by Avro »

Helvetic will operate a fleet of 10 F-100 (ex AA planes) and fly from Zürich to Alicante, Valencia, Palma, Malaga, Vienna and Brussels :lol: .

The most revolutunary about their company is their livery. Look at this 8O They could have called themself Barbie airline :lol: The first aircraft will soon be painted in the new colours, hereit is (the poor plane :cry: ). Anyway, I cant' wait to spot it @ BRU :lol:

For more informations just go on http://www.helvetic.com

Regards
Chris
8)

A318

Post by A318 »

Yep it is original, not that I should have chosen it and then that plane :cry:
Poor poor Fokker 100, maybe it is lucky and some swet which is still in the sheet metal from me, is eating away the color. But hey be honest, no radar is going to miss this gay bullet anymore: :kiss: :mrgreen:

A Whole Different Animal

Avro

Post by Avro »

You're right we'll be able to spot it from very far. :!:

I wonder who would like to fly in an ariplaine that's fully pink. Probably little girls :P . They could sell Barbies during the flight :lol:

Maybe even better. Why don't they make a logo jet for Barbie :lol:

Ciao
Chris
8)

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Avro wrote:You're right we'll be able to spot it from very far. :!:

I wonder who would like to fly in an ariplaine that's fully pink. Probably little girls :P . They could sell Barbies during the flight :lol:

Maybe even better. Why don't they make a logo jet for Barbie :lol:

Ciao
Chris
8)
When SLR introduced the pink jackets for the stewardesses in the 90s, I found them :lol:

But here that beats everything 8O Are the cabin crews going to have pink clothes? :lol:

GreetingS...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

In your discussions about the (horrible) colours of this new airline, you forget the most important: price.

At least this company will bring down the prices of the LX monopoly (even if you buy your ticket under the SN codeshare) between BRU and ZRH to about 200 EUR for a return ticket.

Thanks, Chris, for this important news topic.
Last edited by sn26567 on 26 Sep 2003, 09:41, edited 1 time in total.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

The colours are horrible... maybe I will like better when I see it in real.

Hope they drag the fares a bit down between BRU and ZRH!

Regards
Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Sabena_690 wrote:Hope they drag the fares a bit down between BRU and ZRH!
They will, Frederic: look at their website! :)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

It's bloody hideous.

Who the hell would want to fly on a think that looks like that?
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

A318

Post by A318 »

Comet wrote:It's bloody hideous.

Who the hell would want to fly on a think that looks like that?
Comet, sorry to say and don't get mad with me but is there something else in aviation that you like besides VLM and old Sabena?
Everything else is bloody horribel or bloody hideous :mrgreen:
I mean not that my closet is full with clothes in this color but hey, it is an eyecatcher or not, you have to agree with that.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Comet

Post by Comet »

Erwin - sorry to say that the liveries that I really loved have all gone!

BA replaced their midnight blue with red pinstripe by World Tails.

Air New Zealand replaced their beautifully-coloured blue cheatline with massive lettering on the side of the fuselage.

My all time favourite livery died with my all time favourite airline.

I liked the old Ryanair livery before they changed it.

Airtours had a nice livery before they changed to MyTravel.

The best livery around at the moment is the Sobelair livery.

My favourite aircraft - TriStar, Boeing 747-400, A340, A330, A319/320/321, Boeing 757, Fokker 50, ATR 72, MD-11, MD80/90 (I cannot think of it as the Boeing 717), Boeing 727, Comet, Britannia.

Never let it be said that I don't like anything, it's just that no one ever downloads photos of my favourites. If I don't like something then I will say so.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

sn26567 wrote: At least this company will bring down the prices of the LX monopoly (even if you buy your ticket under the SN codeshare) between BRU and ZRH to about 200 EUR for a return ticket.
I don't think that their prices are that low. It'll cost you 242.56 € for a return ticket to Zürich 8O This is very expensive for a low cost :!:

Ciao
Chris
8)

SN30952

helvetic.com, gemuetlich....

Post by SN30952 »

Avro wrote:I wonder who would like to fly in an ariplaine that's fully pink. Probably little girls :P . They could sell Barbies during the flight. Ciao
Chris 8)
" Helvetic arbeitet mit führenden Partnern aus der Reise- und Tourismusbranche zusammen."
Mattel is not mentioned, Chris http://www.helvetic.com/Default.aspx?PageID=PartnerMenu
Anyway this airlines seems to fly only for ...german-speaking passengers ...
Ja, ja, Willkommem am Bord Image http://www.helvetic.com/abb.aspx
Eine grosse Auswahl an Sandwiches und Snacks sowie Getränken sind auf allen Flügen von helvetic gegen Bezahlung erhältlich. Vegetarische Verpflegung ist in der Regel vorhanden, während andere Spezialwünsche wie z.B. Diabetikerkost nicht berücksichtigt werden können.
Die HELVETIC-Crew kann den Fluggast zum Verlassen des Flugzeugs zwingen und es ablehnen, ihn weiterzubefördern. Die HELVETIC kann aus Sicherheitsgründen vom Fluggast die Erlaubnis verlangen, ihn und sein Gepäck zu durchsuchen und zu durchleuchten. Wenn der Fluggast nicht erreichbar ist, kann das Gepäck in seiner Abwesenheit durchsucht und durchleuchtet werden. Entsteht dem Fluggast aus einer Durchsuchung oder Durchleuchtung Schaden oder beschädigt eine Durchleuchtung oder ein Abtasten sein Gepäck, haftet HELVETIC nicht für solche Schäden.
Die HELVETIC kann diesen Fluggast - falls erforderlich und verhältnismässig - vorläufig festnehmen, aus dem Flugzeug verweisen, seine Beförderung auf Weiterflügen an jedem Ort verweigern oder die Beförderung auf dem gesamten Streckennetz untersagen.
.... HELVETIC kann für die Zuweisung der Sitze auch andere, nicht diskriminierende Kriterien anwenden.
Überbuchung
HELVETIC sucht zunächst Fluggäste, die gegen eine angemessene Entschädigung freiwillig auf einen Flug verzichten, für den sie einen Beförderungsanspruch haben.

Management Gruppenbild

Belgien +32 027106462
Firmenadresse Helvetic Airways AG P.O. Box 250 CH-8058 Zurich-Airport
E-mail: info@helvetic.com

Pressestelle Helvetic Airways AG P.O. Box 250 CH-8058 Zurich-Airport
E-mail: press@helvetic.com

It looks like I will...freiwillig auf einen Flug verzichten...

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Hi everybody!

Hmm, very ugly (spelling?) livery !!! I don't want to this airplane to fly over my house ... or in the air ... Sorry for those who love this livery :roll:

Regards,
Rutger

(That airline with the funny name, they could learn something from Sn Ba, for the paint ... not for the management (spelling?) :lol: )
Tot hier en verder

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Avro wrote:I don't think that their prices are that low. It'll cost you 242.56 € for a return ticket to Zürich
Compared to the 561.68 € quoted today by LX for a non-flexible economy return on 29 Sep, it is cheap. With SN on the same planes, it is even more expensive: 833.68 €.

Why would anyone choose SN over LX. Let Helvetic come in fast!!! Even if I would be ashamed to be photographed in such a plane! :oops:
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

sn26567 wrote:
Avro wrote:I don't think that their prices are that low. It'll cost you 242.56 € for a return ticket to Zürich
Compared to the 561.68 € quoted today by LX for a non-flexible economy return on 29 Sep, it is cheap. With SN on the same planes, it is even more expensive: 833.68 €.

Why would anyone choose SN over LX. Let Helvetic come in fast!!! Even if I would be ashamed to be photographed in such a plane! :oops:
When I do the booking via the SNBA's site it costs 289.74 € and not 833.68
:roll:

Ciao
Chris
8)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Avro wrote:When I do the booking via the SNBA's site it costs 289.74 € and not 833.68
Let's compare what is comparable: a day return on Monday 29 September (no Saturday night stay). I looked on Galileo to compare different airlines. I got 833.68 for SN.

On the SN website, for the same trip it was even 6 cents more: Total fare = 833.74 €
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

Since Helvetic will start its flights on january the 4th I've done the booking (also a one day trip) for january 2004 on both sites and SNBA was only 40 € more expensive.

Ciao
Chris
8)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Avro wrote:Since Helvetic will start its flights on january the 4th I've done the booking (also a one day trip) for january 2004 on both sites and SNBA was only 40 € more expensive.
Well, this shows the benefits of competition. A newcomer starts flying a route, and immediately the prices go down. Great news for the passengers! (but maybe not for SN and LX...)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

sn26567 wrote:
Avro wrote:Since Helvetic will start its flights on january the 4th I've done the booking (also a one day trip) for january 2004 on both sites and SNBA was only 40 € more expensive.
Well, this shows the benefits of competition. A newcomer starts flying a route, and immediately the prices go down. Great news for the passengers! (but maybe not for SN and LX...)
I guess this difference in price is not because there is a newcomer, but because you booked a flight which will leave in two days, that's all :!:

Ciao
Chris
8)

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

SN and LX are currently offering BRU-ZRH return all-in for €139 + tax.

Regards
Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way