Why no airline orders the A350 except Air Europa?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

HorsePower

Post by HorsePower »

A318 wrote:The A350 is an "old" model just a little polished
If you go this way, do you realise that that the proposed B747-Adv is even older and nobody will order it because older means inefficient (at least to you)?

I think A350 will succeed, the same about the Adv.

Seb.

Avro

Post by Avro »

A318 wrote:The A350 is an "old" model just a little polished and the 787 is a completely new design.
This has nothing to do with the fact that the A350 isn't receiving orders. If the A350 has attractive specifications then airlines will order it whether it's a totally new model or simply an enhanced existing model.

Just as a reminder, just look how the B737NG is popular and is able to compete against the A320 family?

Chris

cathayoneworld

Post by cathayoneworld »

The A350 is an "old" model just a little polished and the 787 is a completely new design.
Since Air Europa is Spanish I may asume politics has also a slight influence on their decision.
However Air Europa is a loyal Boeing customer which has a large fleet of B737. If the decision of Air Europa were an political influence, why didn't they order A320? And why BA, AF, LH and many other European airlines hasn't ordered A350 yet?

IberiaA346

Post by IberiaA346 »

And why BA, AF, LH and many other European airlines hasn't ordered A350 yet?

Iberia has order now many airbus aircrafts of the a320 family.
They have also sayed that they gonna buy long-range aircrafts...
The 787 or the a350.
I think that iberia also go order the a350 and in any years they gonna have a full iberia fleet.
So i think we have an other European wich go order the a350...

Iberia346

boeing797

Post by boeing797 »

HorsePower wrote:
boeing797 wrote:Maybe A350 spec is not attractive enough to airlines?
Do you realize that the A350-900 is going to be more efficient than the B777-200ER?

Seb.
I believe A350 competes with B787, and B777 competes with A340 family

bits44

Post by bits44 »

Great Britain has announced Launch Aid for A350

Just when you thought this might be settled without going through the trials and tribulations of a WTO hearing, fuel is heaped on the fire.

http://news.independent.co.uk/business/ ... ory=636498

HorsePower

Post by HorsePower »

boeing797 wrote:I believe A350 competes with B787, and B777 competes with A340 family
A350-800 will replace both A330-200 and A340-200.
A350-800 competes with B787-900.
Airbus has nothing to competes with B787-300/-800.
A350-900 will replace both A330-300 and A340-300.
A350-900 will compete B777-200.
A340-500 competes with B777-200LR.
A340-600 competes with B777-300.

Regards

Seb.

x-prise

Post by x-prise »

basicly airbus is trying to replace both manufacturers planes but also to outclass its opponent through larger, farther, faster,quiter, smoother,higher aircraft etc... as we can see from the A340 600 in Airbus House colors...
i think airbus has an exelent strategy although it may not perform up to its expectations...

bits44

Post by bits44 »

Emirates has announced the article stating that they will be ordering
A350's from Airbus is totally untrue.

http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/afx/20 ... 08434.html

Gate-A1

Post by Gate-A1 »

bits44 wrote:Emirates has announced the article stating that they will be ordering
A350's from Airbus is totally untrue.

http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/afx/20 ... 08434.html
Yes this was said into the traid who speak about A350 of Emirates!

Do you thing than "Airbus fan" are so optical challenging that you must always put theses news (or no-news) in bold? :wink:

cathayoneworld

Post by cathayoneworld »

Okay, this should be a great news for Airbus:

Airbus Chief Commercial Officer John Leahy mentioned that Airbus changed the design of A350 for more than three times in the past 90 days.

Also, he said Airbus is confident to win orders for 100+ A350 aircrafts at the Paris Air Show in June.

http://www.atwonline.com/news/story.html?storyID=1080

Emirates, Iberia, Cathay Pacific, Malaysia Airlines, Aer Lingus and etc. may order the A350s at that time. Malaysia may also place an A320 order too.

Congratulations, Airbus! :D

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

BP wrote:I totally agree with you Knight255 on that one. :D For a true aviation fan we all wish the best for all new models especially ones that promise to revolutionise the airline manufacturing.
As far as am conserned I wish Boeing all the best and to Airbus wake up and smell the coffee, do something quickly to gain new orders. :D
Hear Hear :!: Encore :!: Well Said :wink:
Aum Sweet Aum.

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

Airbus already stated that they expected to receive orders at the Paris Air Show, sure some will be for the A350. I wonder what cathayoneworld means by "etc.", which other airlines are interested in the A350? :wink:

Let's hope that Airbus will succeed in producing a good and economical aircraft (and receives enough orders to be profitable without any government grants), and I really hope that the aircraft will have splendid looks, at least much better then the A380 looks.... :P

Maybe they could adopt the Boeing 787 Dreamliner design with the pointy nose and shark tail design, since Boeing has rejected that look! :o :lol:

bits44

Post by bits44 »

Airbus has asked the U.K. and other E.U. Governments for loans to finance the proposed development of the A350.

The load on taxpayers?

Airbus has estimated it will cost 3 billion euros to develop the A350, and Chief Executive Noel Forgeard has said it was likely to ask for up to 1 billion euros in repayable state loans from European governments. Note the term repayable only applies if the Airplane is successful and makes a profit.

KT

V-Bird

re

Post by V-Bird »

The chairman`s of KLM and Air France made today big statements in Paris: KLM and Air France will find both there on way at there fleet. Air France will use both Boeing and Airbus, KLM will use als both Boeing and Airbus, but more Boeings. Air France chairman said: KLM and Boeing made together history, and KLM is and a big Boeing costumer and friend ( klm was the first and biggest 747 combi costumer, first 737-900 costumer etc ); we as Air France are not allowed to ban or brake that.

2nd big statement; Air France and KLM are interessed in the "new " Rekkof fokker F-70 project, both ( KLM and AF ) made the statement that within the AF-KLM group the F-70 is he ideal medium haul plane ).

3th KLM is very interessed in the 787 project!!! ( how much he could not say )

© RTL Z financial news ( RTL 5 )

livin737

Post by livin737 »

GO BOEING !!!!! :D

cathayoneworld

Post by cathayoneworld »

America West said after the merger of US-HP, they may order A350 because they want to operate an all-Airbus International fleet.

That means another A350 customer will be America West Airlines-US Airways (US Airways).

Offical Press Release of America West:
http://www.americawest.com/aboutawa/... ... elease.htm

Gate-A1

Post by Gate-A1 »

bits44 wrote:Airbus has asked the U.K. and other E.U. Governments for loans to finance the proposed development of the A350.

The load on taxpayers?

Airbus has estimated it will cost 3 billion euros to develop the A350, and Chief Executive Noel Forgeard has said it was likely to ask for up to 1 billion euros in repayable state loans from European governments. Note the term repayable only applies if the Airplane is successful and makes a profit.

KT
It was clear after the launch of the program that if the credits with low interets (not subsidies) are refused they will talk with banks. It will just cost a bit more.

As a taxpayers y prefer that my money is used to create jobs than to créate expensives military program without interest like B-2

HorsePower

Post by HorsePower »

Thanks cathayoneworld for the link you provided (ATW). A little bit off topic but the end of the article is really interresting about the likely A380 next customers.

Regards

Seb.

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

Gate-A1 wrote:As a taxpayers y prefer that my money is used to create jobs than to create expensive military program without interest like B-2
I would prefer that the taxpayers money would be used to fight the deficit the German government is currently facing, because that is what really kills the German government (and maybe others in Europe) finances on the moment!

I do not see why Airbus should get taxpayers money to develop the aircraft. I could have seen the point back then in the '70s and '80s when Airbus (or the European Aviation Industry) where a weak player on the world market and needed funding to embark on the world market. But hey, those days are over, Airbus has a huge market share at the moment, and has a lot of modern products, which are selling very well (= full order books). And the company (EADS at least) made a profit last year, so there is absolutely no need to for them to get loans from the government. If they do not have the cash to spare themselves, then go the banks. Otherwise it would be very unfair competition (and would only fuel the trade-war with the US, and Boeing would try to gain similar advantages). Before you all start kicking about Boeing that does not need to have the full taxes, the big companies in Germany don't even pay any taxes (like Siemens, DaimlerChrysler, etc.)

Airbus is not the weak player from the late 70's that struggled to survive anymore, so for me there is no need to give loans or what preferences there may be to a perfectly profitable company (Airbus or Boeing) which has enough economic viability to get the cash together themselves.

In my opinion companies should not get any subsidies or whatever, because the system of free-market economy is disturbed by subsidies. To give one example, look at the US aviation market. The free-market economy would have let one or more airlines overthere go down, which would create market space for the other to gain profitability again. But at the moment those airlines are protected by "chapter 11", so the free-market economy can't work and most of the US carriers stay in trouble because the market cannot get a chance to deal with overcapacity themselves.