Qatar looking at 787 and A350?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

bits44

Qatar looking at 787 and A350?

Post by bits44 »

At an announcement to made at the Paris Air show, Qatar will choose between Boeing and Airbus.

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topics/a ... rent_id=16

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

If it's going to be made at the Paris Air show, then I'll bet it's going for Airbus.
"What's this button do?? I don't know, push it and find out................."

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

I think it would be Airbus. Qatar has only Airbus in their fleet.
They announced that they will make a very huge order. That would be great for Airbus.

Gate-A1

Post by Gate-A1 »

That a question and why not Boeing Put big orders at Le bourget to beat Airbus annouces?

I put Quatar in the Airbus A350 Possible customer. Wait and see!

Frensh speaking site sorry :oops:

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

@Gate-A1, who said Boeing won't announce some orders in Paris! :wink:

I think Qatar will also go for the Airbus A350, based on the fact that they only operate Airbus aircraft.
But on the other hand, it seems that the B787 is superior to the A350, so wouldn't it be a logical (and economical) move for Qatar to choose that one? :roll:

But still I think that they will go for the A350, we will see soon enough what the decision will be.

Avro

Post by Avro »

My bet would be that Qatar will go for the B787, but it's just a guess. ;)

Anyway, I'm already looking forward to all announcments which will be made during the Le Bourget show.

Chris

beaucaire

Post by beaucaire »

Considering the large amount of orders Boeing got recently for the 787, availability slots for manufactured aircraft will now be later than early deliveries of the A350,should it be built ( which I think will be the case...)
So airlines with ambitious growth plans like the middle eastern lions (!!),will habe a better chance to see flying capacity arriving from Toulouse rather than Seattle ...
Although I don't question Boeing's capabilities to deliver new technology,the manufacturing rate of the 787 bodies ( baking in large clusters )remains to be confirmed . So far no 787 plane has lifted off and -like Airbus on the A380 - Boeing will discover problems with the new aircraft.

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

So far no 787 plane has lifted off and -like Airbus on the A380 - Boeing will discover problems with the new aircraft.
I just hope that these problems will be resolved without having to compromise the design goals. :?
"What's this button do?? I don't know, push it and find out................."