Jet Airways to BRU ?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Avro

Post by Avro »

That would be great, but I will only believe it when I see an official press release.

If it's true then they probably went to CDG and to AMS just to force Biac to make a good deal ?!?

Chris

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

It would we great to see again an A340-300 at EBBR. Hopefully is it true that they will use EBBR in their network.
But their is at this moment nothing mentioned on their webside, that's a little bit weird because they are going fly soon between Mumbai and Newark.

OrientThai

Post by OrientThai »

So it's seems that BRU is becoming busy again :D 8)
Congratulation to the new management :thumbsup:
We will probably see a press release in the next few days.

Starvmg

Post by Starvmg »

THis is definetly good for Brussels Airport and the diamond trader community in Antwerp(i think?)

Perhaps it is also due to some heat being put on 9W for changing the stopover city after its IPO...im kind of confused on this controversy anyhow...probably just an issue was made unnesciarily....

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/art ... 093859.cms

The Jet Airways IPO closed February 25 well after the government gave the airline permission to operate a three-times-a-week service on the India-Brussels-New York sector Feb 19.

Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel has said the decision to allow Jet Airways to fly abroad had nothing to do with the airline's IPO.

"The decision to permit eligible scheduled carriers to operate on international routes was under the government's consideration for some time," he said.

teach

Post by teach »

RCV,

Would you mind posting a link to the article? I'm especially interested in the date it was published, as I fear that it might be an article dating back a few months to when Jet was still supposed to come through BRU, i.e. before they changed their minds.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

:roll: UPDATE :wink:

June 23rd, 2005 is the probable date for 9W to do a Mumbai - Brussels - Newark on a dry-leased A340-300E aircraft from South African Airways to be operated six times a week.
Aum Sweet Aum.

Badabing

Post by Badabing »

Avro wrote:That would be great, but I will only believe it when I see an official press release.

Where's your faith in BRU ? :oops:

... some more patience. :roll:

Humberside

Post by Humberside »

Will there be a codeshare with anyone for this route - SNBA, NW, CO, UA?

JetB

Post by JetB »

Not so much time for Jet to get everything ready in Brussels !.

No information on who is going to be the handling company, BGS / Aviapartner ?

And who is going to be the security partner for the US bound flights, ICTS / Securair ( Securitas ) ?.

OrientThai

Post by OrientThai »

Humberside wrote:Will there be a codeshare with anyone for this route - SNBA, NW, CO, UA?
9W will have code-share agreements with UA (LHR-BOM sectors and connections to the USA).
:arrow: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050428/cgth023.html?.v=8
As for CO and NW they will fly with their own metal to India.
SNBA has no intention to code-share with them, they're still hoping to conclude a deal with Hainan Airlines.
So no code-share partner for the moment.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Humberside wrote:Will there be a codeshare with anyone for this route - SNBA, NW, CO, UA?
UA want and have decided to go a codeshare with an Indian Airliner. I'm not sure if it was Jet Airways.

By the way: Jet Airways is going to lease A340-300 from SAA. Are they going to repaint this airplanes in the colors of Jet Airways?

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi all,

This is wat I found in the DOT application, signed May 2:

BOM-BRU
BRU-EWR
Jet Airways initially proposes to operate scheduled foreign air
transportation of persons, property, and mail between Mumbai, India
(BOM) and Newark, New Jersey (EWR), via Brussels, Belgium (BRU).
In addition to Mumbai-Newark traffic, Jet Airways intends to carry
local traffic between Mumbai and Brussels and between Brussels and
Newark. Jet Airways initially plans to operate six weekly roundtrip
flights to meet its current aircraft rotation requirements, and plans to
increase its service to daily operations later in the year, pursuant to
the following tentative schedule (all times local, and subject to securing
slot times at each airport):
BOM-BRU 0045 0630 EWR-BRU 1940 0900
BRU-EWR 0800 1015 BRU-BOM 1030 2245
Route I DEP I ARR I Route ~ D E P ~ARR
The proposed service will be operated using Airbus 340-3003 aircrafi
configured in two classes: 38 business seats with 73” pitch; and 231
economy seats with 32” pitch.

So it seems very recent, files have been prepared in february ...

Danny

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Sorry, forgot to mention my source:

airliners.net

There is a long and interesting discussion on this topic. Most Indian and Americans seem to belive in the project ...

Avro

Post by Avro »

Badabing wrote:
Avro wrote:That would be great, but I will only believe it when I see an official press release.

Where's your faith in BRU ? :oops:

... some more patience. :roll:
I never lost faith in all those projects for BRU, I'm not pessimistic at all. It's just that with all those rumours about BRU going around everywhere, you cannot believe them anymore unless you see it written in an official press release or something similar.

Everybody tends to say that their source is very reliable just because they heard from a "friend who's father has a neighbour whose brother works for an airline....." that airline X could fly to airport Y with plane type Z in the near future... It's all very nice to read that, but with the time it becomes very annoying to see a lot of false information being spred on the web. I know that everybody wants to contribute and keep poeple up to date with new scoops but I would rather appreciate if ONLY the people who really know what they are talking about spread the news and not people like you and me who don't have "reliable" sources of information.

Since these types of rumours have drastically increased the last couple of months I decided not to believe them anymore without any proof at all.
That's just my point of you, and now you know why I want to see an official press release. ;)

Anyway, I tend to belive that 9W will come to BRU and I'm already looking forward to see their planes in BRU :)

Greetz
Chris

themole

Post by themole »

I can confirm the Jet Airways Mumbai-Brussels-New York EWR routing. A big thank you to Air India who prevented Jet Airways to pick Paris CDG as their European stopover destination on their way to the US. Paris CDG is a very important stopover destination for Air India on their daily Mumbai-Paris CDG-New York EWR routing. Indeed, this is exactly the same routing as Jet Airways intended to fly.

It is also nice to see that Brussels finally won another important long-haul contract over Amsterdam. The twice daily Continental Airlines flights from Amsterdam to New York EWR, and the soon to come twice daily Northwest Airlines flights between Amsterdam and Mumbai, and moreover the strong commitment between Skyteam members Air France/KLM-Continental Airlines-Northwest Airlines on those sectors certainly helped Jet Airways in its final decision to opt for Brussels after all.

I got a confirmation e-mail of this delightful news in my mailbox on the 2nd of May, the day Jet Airways filed for a FACP. Hence, the permit is still pending and the final decision well be made on Monday the 23rd of May. For those who wonder what a licence application is all about or looks like, you can download the FACP in its entirety here, Jet Airways Mumbai-Brussels-New York EWR Application.

Established02

Post by Established02 »

Themole, thanks for providing access to this interesting document.

Is it common to have these documents publicly available?

The document does clearly start stating that "Any person may support or oppose this application by filing an answer by 23 May 2005". Therefore this document should obviously be made public indeed.

When CO started their EWR-BRU a few years ago, did they also make such a document publicly available? Or is such a publication perhaps only necessary for non-US or non-European carriers?

Honestly speaking, I didn't ready every single page of this 136 page document. :oops:

However, when browsing through you can easily spot their (tentative?) schedule on page 15.

BOM-BRU 00:45-06:30
BRU-EWR 08:00-10:15
EWR-BRU 19:40-09:00
BRU-BOM 10:30-22:45

It's probably common practice, but nevertheless remarkable to see that the aircraft has only 2 hours to turn around at their home base BOM and that it is sitting 9 hours 25 min at their foreign base EWR. Maintenance might have wanted to see it differently, but for operations this may probably be a good schedule.

The BRU-BOM segment can possibly draw in some connecting traffic, however it's probably unlikely that an early 08:00 departure BRU-EWR will attract many connecting passengers.

When the BOM-BRU comes in with a one hour delay, then it may be possible to spot the two A340's together at the same moment. It might become a bit hectic for some of their staff at BRU to handle 2 such large aircraft at the same time.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

It's probably common practice, but nevertheless remarkable to see that the aircraft has only 2 hours to turn around at their home base BOM and that it is sitting 9 hours 25 min at their foreign base EWR. Maintenance might have wanted to see it differently, but for operations this may probably be a good schedule.

The BRU-BOM segment can possibly draw in some connecting traffic, however it's probably unlikely that an early 08:00 departure BRU-EWR will attract many connecting passengers.

When the BOM-BRU comes in with a one hour delay, then it may be possible to spot the two A340's together at the same moment. It might become a bit hectic for some of their staff at BRU to handle 2 such large aircraft at the same time.

Hectic for some of their staff, i agree. But then the aircraft has only 2 hours to turn around, is not making sense with sitting at their foreign base for 9 hours 25 minutes ???

Is there something more to it?
Aum Sweet Aum.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

For the moment is their nothing mentioned on their site. The only new route is Londen for May 23.
I think they are slow to up date their info on the site.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

:offtopic:
If you read more closely they are recruiting pilots. Both Indian and Expat.

View this link http://www.jetairways.com/Cultures/en-U ... plication/
Aum Sweet Aum.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Atlantis wrote:For the moment is their nothing mentioned on their site. The only new route is Londen for May 23.
I think they are slow to up date their info on the site.
MAYBE they have more information :arrow:
Jet Airways of India INC
2301 Camino Ramon Suite 140
San Ramon, CA CA 94583
Phone: 001 925 8661205, 001-866-U-FLY-JET
Fax: 001 925 8309771
Email: [email protected]
Aum Sweet Aum.