Airbus dismisses Boeing-backed study saying A380 will lose..

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

vivek0072

Airbus dismisses Boeing-backed study saying A380 will lose..

Post by vivek0072 »

two links for the same...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 18,00.html

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/ ... bus18.html

But agency says that Boeing sponsorship did not influence its results. :?

earthman

Post by earthman »

I'm sure Boeing didn't influence the results themselves, instead Boeing probably picked researchers which they already knew were negative about the whole project.

Especially interesting is how Boeing kept the report on a shelf since 2002 until a few days before the first flight of the A380.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

earthman wrote:I'm sure Boeing didn't influence the results themselves, instead Boeing probably picked researchers which they already knew were negative about the whole project.
Especially interesting is how Boeing kept the report on a shelf since 2002 until a few days before the first flight of the A380.
Now that is the KEY FACTOR. Wonder why Boeing is interested in making a mountain of a mole hill. Is is that they are scared or is it that they just fear that maybe Airbus has indeed created a marvel and probably yes the future :arrow:
Aum Sweet Aum.

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

This isn't news in my opinion. Boeing will claim that the A380 will fail either literally or over time it will lose money. Airbus will claim that Boeing's "plastic plane" will not perform up to expectations and such. I'm getting tired of these stories on both sides. It's amazing that "grown mature" journalists would actually write articles about that. :roll:
"What's this button do?? I don't know, push it and find out................."

bits44

Post by bits44 »

Knight255 wrote:This isn't news in my opinion. Boeing will claim that the A380 will fail either literally or over time it will lose money. Airbus will claim that Boeing's "plastic plane" will not perform up to expectations and such. I'm getting tired of these stories on both sides. It's amazing that "grown mature" journalists would actually write articles about that. :roll:
I think this has more to do with the upcoming dispute hearing with the WTO over subsidies than anything else. It looks to me like they have had this report hiding in the bushes waiting for this dispute resolution to come to a head.

KT

boeing797

Post by boeing797 »

Knight255 wrote:It's amazing that "grown mature" journalists would actually write articles about that. :roll:
That's how they make living, and some people are interested in those articles.