Brussels Airlines in 2022

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

lumumba

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2022

Post by lumumba »

Atlantis wrote: 05 May 2022, 21:43
lumumba wrote: 05 May 2022, 21:21 Are the results of Brussels Airlines that came out today not dramatic or is it just me?
If you compare to other airlines results and the high ticket prices?
It's just you to be straight. If you compare to the same group, it's not bad. Austrian Airlines is the one with big problems. Their loss is even higher now than last year. Can you imagine this??!!
Swiss is also not doing OK. Loss of 47 CHF.

Don't compare with klm/af bcs that's a complete other league.

Don't forget that SN only received a small loan of Lufthansa and the Belgian government. They only asked this for once. So compared to this, the result is not bad at all.

If we compare how much klm/af asked and many times asked for extra, I can only applaud for SN that they did a great job in very difficult times. And the result is visible, 2 extra medium haul planes and one extra long haul plane.
And next year brand new neo's via Lufthansa
Ok I like it that way,but what is the difference if you received more money before?
Why would you be more profitable?
But again I'm happy it's not so bad I'm looking from outside airline business.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Established02

Post by Established02 »

The new logo applied on Hangar 41. Many of the lids still have to be added on the LED lights.
Attachments
DSC03321-7.JPG

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

Nice. The use of the new logo looks better on vehicles and buildings than on the actual planes.....

rwandan-flyer

Post by rwandan-flyer »

Today at Paris CDG the SN Brussels to BRU had a technical isssues. Several passengers were transfered on Air France flights, because they could miss the connecting at BRU.

Some people flying to Kinshasa had a Air France ticket

Some others to Freetown with a ticket to Ouagadougou then a connecting on Turkish Airlines from OUA to Freetown.

There were probably more pax affected but i don't know which routing they took.

I was not in this flight, but at the work at CDG. I would like to say well done SN. It's easy to criticize an airline (new livery,...) but in this situation flight to BRU was on early morning and some Air France African flights were operated at the end of morning. It's quite far go from 2B to 2E (for people who know Roissy CDG)

I would like to say well done Brussels Airlines 8-) (if some SN staff read me)
Rwanda Aviation News (Drones, Air Force, Civil Aviation, Space, Air Balloon): https://www.facebook.com/RwandAn-Flyer-153177931456873

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

rwandan-flyer wrote: 15 May 2022, 17:39 Today at Paris CDG the SN Brussels to BRU had a technical isssues. Several passengers were transfered on Air France flights, because they could miss the connecting at BRU.

Some people flying to Kinshasa had a Air France ticket

Some others to Freetown with a ticket to Ouagadougou then a connecting on Turkish Airlines from OUA to Freetown.

There were probably more pax affected but i don't know which routing they took.

I was not in this flight, but at the work at CDG. I would like to say well done SN. It's easy to criticize an airline (new livery,...) but in this situation flight to BRU was on early morning and some Air France African flights were operated at the end of morning. It's quite far go from 2B to 2E (for people who know Roissy CDG)

I would like to say well done Brussels Airlines 8-) (if some SN staff read me)
It seems that both A320 flights from CDG to BRU (SN3632 OO-SNH and SN3634 OO-SNK) were delayed by respectively 2 and 1 hour. The first one was arriving on time from BRU, hence indeed it suffered undisclosed problems in CDG. The second was was late already on departure from BRU, according to FR24 data.

Given the circumstances, kudos to SN for reallocating the passengers to other flights.
André
ex Sabena #26567

rwandan-flyer

Post by rwandan-flyer »

Yes in deed, i was in the 2E and was quite surpried to see pax tell me where is the flight to Kinhsasa or Ouagadougou with Brussels Airlines ticket. Till early 2021, Brussels Airlines used the 2E before to move to the 2A and now 2B. Some people keep going to the wrong terminal.

Then they have shown me their Air France ticket and i have told them for Air France African flights it's check in aera 12-13.
Rwanda Aviation News (Drones, Air Force, Civil Aviation, Space, Air Balloon): https://www.facebook.com/RwandAn-Flyer-153177931456873

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

I can't make a reservation on the website of Brussels airlines!?
It gives no flights available!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

rwandan-flyer

Post by rwandan-flyer »

Rwanda National Football Team used Brussels Airlines to fly from Kigali to Dakar. At the begining, Rwanda was supposed to play against Senegal in Rwanda but last week CAF (African Football Federation) didn't gave green light to the Huye Stadium (south of Rwanda) to host the match (now the Huye Stadium can once again host international match)

So Rwanda played its "home" match at Dakar instead of Huye yesterday. Rwanda had almost created the suprise to not be beaten by African Champion, but they conceded a goal few seconds before the end of the match on penalty :(

They were others routing to fly to Senegal from Rwanda while they needed to find quickly a ticket to Dakar

Kigali-Addis Ababa-Dakar (Ethiopian)
Kigali-Nairobi-Dakar (Kenya Airways)

Kigali-Dubai-Dakar (RwandAir + Emirates). RwandAir has interline agreements with EK
Kigali-Nairobi-Paris-Dakar (Kenya Airways + Air France)
Kigali-Istanbul-Dakar (Turkish Airlines)

Charter flight operated by RwandAir.

But it seems that Brussels Airlines was the cheaper and probably not the fastest routing. Good promotion for SN (over 21 000 views since 3 days) 8-) as the airline is often criticized https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhuGR8FtjiM

Kigali-Brussels (stop at Entebbe): 10h30

5h30 of layiver at Brussels + Brussels-Dakar : 6h15

convair

Post by convair »

OO-SFD currently on its way back to BRU from Amman, as SN9902. Due to land at 22:30. All SN's A330s theoretically active as of tonight as none other was positioned to Amman instead.

HQ_BRU_Lover

Post by HQ_BRU_Lover »

convair wrote: 12 Jun 2022, 19:27 OO-SFD currently on its way back to BRU from Amman, as SN9902. Due to land at 22:30. All SN's A330s theoretically active as of tonight as none other was positioned to Amman instead.
Good news. Only maintenance and no new c/s I suppose (currently only OO-SFX in new c/s)?

convair

Post by convair »

All 7 SN A330s on duty today.

Bel33

Post by Bel33 »

Not 7 but 9! 7 to Africa and 2 to US

convair

Post by convair »

Correction: all 9 SN A330s on duty today.

Sorry Bell 33; I hadn't noticed your post. :?

brabel

Post by brabel »

According to De Tijd, CEO Peter Gerber will have a meeting with the unions on Monday.
There's also another article (an Analysis) on De Tijd, which I can't read unfortunately.

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

I feel for both sides of this.
I feel for the crews who must be exhausted and unhappy with their decreasing purchasing power as well as the still very present Covid.
I feel for the airline which is battling lack of staff and high oil prices while some seats are not filling up as they should despite huge demand.

I think that in this case, the best solution is to offer bonusses to those who want to maximise their hours and also go into overtime. Not everyone feels exhausted, and those who want to work should be given the opportunity.
I would also ask the DGAC for temporary dispensation on monthly flight time limits for flight crews so that those who want to, can go into overtime, by say 10%.

The Great Resignation has taken a lot of people out of the job market. Covid has taken a lot of people out of the job market in many forms, some have lost their lives, some have caught Long Covid, many are calling in sick every week, adding pressures to the workforces.

Group pressure is pushing people to take off their masks, especially in Belgium where this is very extreme, but the straight reality is that people, especially working people, are uneasy with this and many would rather not work than risk catching Covid.
I think that employers such as Brussels Airlines should encourage the wearing of masks to their staff, while letting each decide whether they would.
Covid numbers are rising again across Europe, and while the death toll is very low at present, not everything is life or death, for many it's not worth it to expose oneself and their families for the pleasure of a miserable salary. Many may not think this out loud, but be feeling this subconsciously.

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

Flanker2 wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 07:04 I feel for both sides of this.
I feel for the crews who must be exhausted and unhappy with their decreasing purchasing power as well as the still very present Covid.
I feel for the airline which is battling lack of staff and high oil prices while some seats are not filling up as they should despite huge demand.

I think that in this case, the best solution is to offer bonusses to those who want to maximise their hours and also go into overtime. Not everyone feels exhausted, and those who want to work should be given the opportunity.
I would also ask the DGAC for temporary dispensation on monthly flight time limits for flight crews so that those who want to, can go into overtime, by say 10%.

The Great Resignation has taken a lot of people out of the job market. Covid has taken a lot of people out of the job market in many forms, some have lost their lives, some have caught Long Covid, many are calling in sick every week, adding pressures to the workforces.

Group pressure is pushing people to take off their masks, especially in Belgium where this is very extreme, but the straight reality is that people, especially working people, are uneasy with this and many would rather not work than risk catching Covid.
I think that employers such as Brussels Airlines should encourage the wearing of masks to their staff, while letting each decide whether they would.
Covid numbers are rising again across Europe, and while the death toll is very low at present, not everything is life or death, for many it's not worth it to expose oneself and their families for the pleasure of a miserable salary. Many may not think this out loud, but be feeling this subconsciously.
Flight time limitations are there for a reason. You cannot go beyond well established (and EASA) rules just because you feel like earning more money.
Passengers sitting in the back of your plane need to make sure you're fit to fly. Point.

On top of that, their requirements have nothing to do with hours, it's all about the way their rosters are scheduled.
If you do BRU-TFS-BRU 4 times a week, you'll do lots of hours but you'll be much less tired than by doing split duties ending at night and starting again the early morning the day after.

As for COVID, everybody lives with it nowadays. It's July 2022 in the mean time.
Whether you work in an aircraft or at your local supermarket doesn't make a difference.

brabel

Post by brabel »

Since Swiss and Austrian announced their winter destinations, I was wondering when Brussels Airlines will do it too? Anyone got more info?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

brabel wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 10:19 Since Swiss and Austrian announced their winter destinations, I was wondering when Brussels Airlines will do it too? Anyone got more info?
Lufthansa didn't disclose any winter destination either!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

Lux_avi wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 09:44
Flanker2 wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 07:04 I feel for both sides of this.

Flight time limitations are there for a reason. You cannot go beyond well established (and EASA) rules just because you feel like earning more money.
Passengers sitting in the back of your plane need to make sure you're fit to fly. Point.

On top of that, their requirements have nothing to do with hours, it's all about the way their rosters are scheduled.
If you do BRU-TFS-BRU 4 times a week, you'll do lots of hours but you'll be much less tired than by doing split duties ending at night and starting again the early morning the day after.

As for COVID, everybody lives with it nowadays. It's July 2022 in the mean time.
Whether you work in an aircraft or at your local supermarket doesn't make a difference.
It's July 2022 and Covid is flaring up if you haven't noticed yet? People calling in sick right and left and I don't know anyone who enjoys staying in bed with a sore throat for several days.
Covid is still very much a problem, it puts pressure on staff availability and the way numbers are soaring, it won't be long before hospitals start filling up again.

Brussels Airlines' finances are in shambles, but so are most airlines'. At present time, any analysis on that is pointless. Recession is around the corner, inflation not going down, Russian airspace is closed to EU airlines, and god knows what is going to happen next with a looming Taiwan crisis.
A tough tough environment for airlines and they're not even making money. This whole industry has gone from being essential to being pointless.

Airline employees, good luck but maybe it's not the worst idea to start looking around for other jobs that offer better security, pay better and do not monopolise your entire life. Even an A330 captain' salary pales in comparison with what people are earning installing solar and I see many people moving over from aviation to the renewables.
Aviation is the old sexy, renewables are the new sexy.
Forget that blue lanyard, it's passé, an industry with no future.

As for the airline HR departments, good luck, the times of hiring 10 pilots out of 3000 applicants is over. Time to pay your staff well or vanish. The times of airline corporate offices behaving arrogantly is in the past.
Before the pandemic, Lufthansa was trying to buy up every European airline. Now it's all become a huge burden, it was all in vain.

Forget flight time limitations and red tape, planeloads of people died daily during the Covid crisis because of government laissez faire attitude, you can't be ultra strict in one sector like aviation safety and then people left to die for nothing like in the Far West in other sectors, that's regulatory discrimination. The airplane arrives to it's destination safe and sound, meanwhile inside the cabin half the people were infected many of whom died later in a hospital from an agonising and lonely death. That's not regulation anymore, it's discrimination.

Time for governments to nationalise airlines and operate essential routes only and with sustainable technology, such as green hydrogen. Who cares if it doesn't make money? Global warming has a cost too. Should our planet and society keep paying for the consequences of global warming so rich people can get richer as airline shareholders?
Time to review this broken transport system, cut down on dirty jet engines and start investing in high speed pan-European Maglev and HSR, the way the Chinese did in a handful of years. Maybe also Hyperloop but not convinced about that yet.
Paris to Tokyo in 18 hours with Maglev in sleeping berths, instead of 13 hours in a tiny seat plus 5 hours getting to and from the airport. Don't tell me it can't be done after the trillions distributed during the pandemic like it's nothing.

I just don't see a future for this dino juice burning industry anymore it remained stuck 50 years ago, time to move on to something smarter.

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

Oh boy. Okay.
Didn’t know it was that bad here.

Ciaooooo.