Brussels Airlines in 2020

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

ezis_bis

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by ezis_bis »

sn26567 wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 16:50 I am not an insider, but I reply from own experience: my wife had booked an SN flight from BRU to WAW in July. The flight was cancelled and she was reimbursed in October.
Well, sadly, my SN flight to Kigali from April (*April*) is still not refunded. Even more sadly, I'm not joking.
I was told I'd get it in October, didn't get it. Then I'd get it in November, and here we are, still nothing.

It's really baffling

I try to contact them once in a while, but just get the request to be patient.

When we went to AGP last summer, SN proposed to change the Kigali ticket to Malaga, in Business, and not refund the difference (which was quite a bit still).
Maybe that's why now they put me in the very end, don't know.

I went to consumer protection too, they asked me if I contacted SN. Of course I did. Well, go to court, I was told.
Never needed to take it that far, I start to fear that's where we'd need to go

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

I don't represent anything ... I only travel very often and people around me are very upset against SN. And we are far from the cancellation of intercontinental flights. Catastrophic management of the crisis when the State intervened, I am not talking about the situation before. AFKL took two weeks to reimburse me for two long haul and SN ... I think there is no one left! They definitely lost me ...it's no longer a credible company !

Duke

Post by Duke »

Same story here, not only with Brussels Airlines, but with LH Group.
I tried to go to AGP in the beginning of September (usling the LH Group as I'm a Miles and More member), my wife and my daughter had booked earlier with Tui.
First try : I booked BRU-ZRH-AGP r/t with Swiss in Business Saver and used miles. A few days after the booking : booking was changed BRU-ZRH segment was cancelled, no alternatives were proposed; Booking was canceled. Miles were lost, refund was promised... nothing seen till today.
Second try : I booked BRU-FRA-AGP r/t with LH Business Saver. A few days after the booking : booking was changed FRA-BRU segment was cancelled, no alternatives were proposed; Booking was canceled, refund was promised... nothing seen till today.
Third try : I Booked a direct flight BRU-AGP in Economy Flex with SN.. A few days later, Spain became red territory, so theoretically we were not allowed to travel. Contacted SN : no, we don't cancel the flight, so if you don't travel, you lose the money; so I changed the booking to Faro (no Economy Flex anymore) ; had to pay the 'fare difference', which was the same price as the Faro ticket on the website... When I asked about this, I was told that the prices on the website were promotional tariffs, which were not available in the case of a rebooking...
So, I basically paid 4 tickets for 1 return trip to Faro (I paid about € 1.500,00 in total), haven't got any refunds yet, and lost my miles in the first booking...

My wife and daughter's experience with Tui : 2 flights were canceled (one because Spain became red territory), they got the refund already two weeks ago...
So, my conclusion : I try to avoid the LH Group...

Regards,

Duke

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

We are very close to the definition of breach of trust...

Not trying to avoid - TO AVOID ABSOLUTELY !

ezis_bis

Post by ezis_bis »

nordikcam wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 12:28 We are very close to the definition of breach of trust...
I think at this point we can say they're no longer refunding or just refusing refunds for the time

To be honest, I had some issues with my first SK refund and also a refusal from KL (which was an error on their side, obviously), but things worked out within 2 months.
Also with AC and AM, it wasn't that easy (plus, they don't even refund, getting a voucher took ages).

SNCF was incredibly handy and fast :shock: They surprised me in a very good way.
And my last SK booking, which happened last week and was cancelled within a few days, SK refunded me *the day after*

So, it's just a matter of wanting/being able to refund, and I think SN/LH group aren't able and/or willing

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

ezis_bis wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 13:19
nordikcam wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 12:28 We are very close to the definition of breach of trust...
I think at this point we can say they're no longer refunding or just refusing refunds for the time

To be honest, I had some issues with my first SK refund and also a refusal from KL (which was an error on their side, obviously), but things worked out within 2 months.
Also with AC and AM, it wasn't that easy (plus, they don't even refund, getting a voucher took ages).

SNCF was incredibly handy and fast :shock: They surprised me in a very good way.
And my last SK booking, which happened last week and was cancelled within a few days, SK refunded me *the day after*

So, it's just a matter of wanting/being able to refund, and I think SN/LH group aren't able and/or willing
I am very amazed that in the 21st century there is still no reaction from SN who should consider its current policy of canceling flights to be normal while retaining travelers' money and miles? This is theft. Has anyone ever put SN on notice to reimburse? Thank you

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Meanwhile, OO-SFJ is on her way back from Malta to EBBR as SN9904.
ETA 2039LT

She had been down there since 09OCT.
Her last revenue flight was from La Habana to DUS on 17MAR.

Why this return to EBBR and not directly to Eurowings's nest?

H.A.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

I guess because OO-SFD went yesterday to FRA to operate the Windhoek eurowings flight, she is flying Windhoek-Frankfurt right now but no idea if it will go back to BRU directly.

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

crew1990 wrote: 02 Dec 2020, 18:58 I guess because OO-SFD went yesterday to FRA to operate the Windhoek eurowings flight, she is flying Windhoek-Frankfurt right now but no idea if it will go back to BRU directly.
Thanks.
Makes sense indeed. And after all she carries an OO- reg.
Actually Juliet flew from DUS on 31MAR and sat quietly in EBBR for 6 months before heading for Mx in MLA in October.

H.A.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

I am perfectly aware that SN fans find it normal that a company which has received state aid has still not reimbursed injured passengers for nearly a year. Without info, without perspective and strongly requested to take tickets which will undoubtedly be canceled. A way to get cash cheaply but with deep contempt for the average traveler. Any action against this company must in fact go through the "formal notice" box with acknowledgment of receipt. I think that one will not answer me in view of what I said above, but I discovered two head offices. B House in Diegem and an address in Ixelles. One is better than the other and why two head offices ... even if nothing surprises me anymore! Thank you.

Pocahontas

Post by Pocahontas »

I bought tickets for my partner and myself for a festival. About 480€ in total. I don’t even have the choice for a refund... I still can eat, drink and pay my bills.
I know the refunds take way to long but at least you will get your money back some day. Everybody knows by now that you all are rightfully frustrated, no need to repeat that x times a day, we (aviation24 forum members) cannot refund you! Even if the company goes belly up you will get your refund.

And for all those who claim: “never again...” I wonder if you will let slip a bargain offered by this Cpy in the future, and if not, will you let us know?
And if you compare to KLM/AF, how much € of state aid did they receive?

Try not to focus too much on negative things, life is too short...

Cheers

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

crew1990 wrote: 02 Dec 2020, 18:58 I guess because OO-SFD went yesterday to FRA to operate the Windhoek eurowings flight, she is flying Windhoek-Frankfurt right now but no idea if it will go back to BRU directly.
Flew back to FRA. Estimated back in BRU 03DEC20/1045 as BEL9902.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

sdbelgium wrote: 03 Dec 2020, 09:57
Flew back to FRA. Estimated back in BRU 03DEC20/1045 as BEL9902.
It's funny I saw him passing over my head here in Luanda. :D
Hasta la victoria siempre.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Pocahontas wrote: 03 Dec 2020, 09:49 I bought tickets for my partner and myself for a festival. About 480€ in total. I don’t even have the choice for a refund... I still can eat, drink and pay my bills.
I know the refunds take way to long but at least you will get your money back some day. Everybody knows by now that you all are rightfully frustrated, no need to repeat that x times a day, we (aviation24 forum members) cannot refund you! Even if the company goes belly up you will get your refund.

And for all those who claim: “never again...” I wonder if you will let slip a bargain offered by this Cpy in the future, and if not, will you let us know?

Cheers
Defending the indefensible ... it's communication!
To be responsible is to say "We made mistakes, we are trying to fix, we apologize". I don't see anything coming and telling us that AF / KL 20 times more important that SN has received more state aid does not move anyone into the SN backwater !

I take good note of "You can eat and drink" ... land of surrealism...! Thanks BRUSSELS AIRLINES !

Shonix

Post by Shonix »

Pocahontas wrote: 03 Dec 2020, 09:49 I bought tickets for my partner and myself for a festival. About 480€ in total. I don’t even have the choice for a refund... I still can eat, drink and pay my bills.

Cheers
Good for you. Your world is not the same for everyone. Their reimbursement process is a total mess, lasting for months now.

Pocahontas

Post by Pocahontas »

Just to be clear I speak for myself and not for a company. I totally agree that is a mess and that some explanation is needed, don’t get me wrong.

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

Pocahontas wrote: 03 Dec 2020, 09:49 Even if the company goes belly up you will get your refund.
You won’t get your money back if/when the company goes tits up, you would be way down the list of creditors.
I find it unacceptable that the CEO sends a “personal” message to customers saying one will be refunded before the end of October, whilst he knows it will not be the case.
My bookings with Ryanair, EasyJet and Vueling have all been refunded. Brussels is still keeping my money and tried to rip me off by charging horrendous rebooking fares.

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

SN in handling the refunds horribly. When I searched "Brussels Airlines" on Google the first autocomplete suggestion was "Brussels Airlines refund". Every Facebook post of them has dozens of people complaining about not getting refunds. What is the problem? :? If the state aid wasn't enough to meet their obligations from the start they should have informed the state! But they took the taxpayers money pretending it would be somewhat sufficient for a while. If SN was upfront about still being virtually bankrupt after receiving all the millions the best decision might have been to not give anything at all. Meanwhile unions are busy fighting over how to oranise elections. :( They should be discussing lower wages across the board so SN can survive. Have they agreed to a 20% cut as KL i.e. already?

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

They aren't flying planes either. Why is SN the European network airline with biggest decrease in flights?

A more than 5 times bigger relative decrease than main competitors AF and KL. :shock:

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Passengers are not stupid. AF / KL reimbursed me for everything in 6 weeks: two long haul. Transavia and Finnair have each reimbursed me one in 1 month ... Vueling too ! Brussels airlines has not reimbursed anything since March, as far as I am concerned! March, you read that right ... March 2020. Without news ! Only "You have to wait sir ...Covid time " Who do you think I'm traveling with ?
Last edited by nordikcam on 07 Dec 2020, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.