Brussels Airlines in 2020

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
Poiu
Posts: 848
Joined: 14 Nov 2015, 09:38

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by Poiu »

Duke wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 09:45
rwandan-flyer wrote: 16 Aug 2020, 10:18

The flights resumed. For Kigali, I have just saw that the SN A330 makes a day stop at KGL.It is quite unusual, SN operates flights to Kigali in the evening (arrival around 7:00 p.m. and departure at 8:20 p.m.)

The plane arrives at 12:50 a.m. and departs the same day at 9:10 p.m. The crews sleep logically in Kigali, instead of Kampala. The flight is Brussels-Entebbe-Kigali-Bru

So this means that passengers flying from Entebbe to Brussels (if any these days...) have to wait for about 9 hours in Kigali...
Not an interesting "direct flight" if you ask me...

Regards,

Duke
The actual routing is: 20:30 KGL-22:35EBB23:55-BRU7:25

rwandan-flyer
Posts: 481
Joined: 19 Dec 2010, 12:30

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by rwandan-flyer »

Poiu wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 10:10

The actual routing is: 20:30 KGL-22:35EBB23:55-BRU7:25

The current routing is Brussels-Entebbe-Kigali-Brussels, with a flight which leaves Brussels on Friday afternoon and back at Brussels on Sunday morning

Bru-Kgl Dep; 14h45 Arr: 00h40, with a stop at Entebbe
Kgl-Bru Dep: 21h10 Arr: 05h40, no stop flight

From September, it will be Bru-Ebb-Kgl-Ebb-Bru, always with a day stop at Kigali

Bru-Kgl Dep; 14h30 Arr: 00h45, with a stop at Entebbe
Kgl-Bru Dep: 20h30 Arr: 07h25 with a stop at Entebbe (as you said)

The flight to Kigali in the middle of the week will be operated, every two weeks, only the flight on the weekend, will be operated each week. Thus one week,KGL will be served 2 times and the next week, 1 time.
Duke wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 09:45
rwandan-flyer wrote: 16 Aug 2020, 10:18

The flights resumed. For Kigali, I have just saw that the SN A330 makes a day stop at KGL.It is quite unusual, SN operates flights to Kigali in the evening (arrival around 7:00 p.m. and departure at 8:20 p.m.)

The plane arrives at 12:50 a.m. and departs the same day at 9:10 p.m. The crews sleep logically in Kigali, instead of Kampala. The flight is Brussels-Entebbe-Kigali-Bru

So this means that passengers flying from Entebbe to Brussels (if any these days...) have to wait for about 9 hours in Kigali...
Not an interesting "direct flight" if you ask me...

Regards,

Duke
Boarders in Uganda are currently closed. Only KLM, Emirates and Ethiopian are operating some repatriation flights

Brussels Airlines has canceled all repatriation flights, according to the US Embassy in Uganda. And probably won't resume flights till boarders are closed. So i guess, that flights are probably carrying cargo. Maybe some one who has contact with SN staff, can bring more infos0

Please be advised that these flights are subject to final approval by the Government of Uganda. A recent flight was canceled within hours of departure and we understand Brussels Airlines has canceled any future special passenger flights until Entebbe International Airport reopens to regularly scheduled commercial traffic. https://ug.usembassy.gov/health%E2%80%A ... %E2%80%AF/

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 37446
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by sn26567 »

I see that flight SN1201 (and the return flight SN1202) operated at this moment to Dakar DSS is operated by A330 OO-SFB. Remember: that's one of the A330s in Eurowings colours!

When only a few A330s are in use, is it really necessary to send to Africa one that has the EW livery, when so many in SN colours are idle?
André
ex Sabena #26567

Inquirer
Posts: 2088
Joined: 14 Feb 2012, 14:30

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by Inquirer »

sn26567 wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 18:30 I see that flight SN1201 (and the return flight SN1202) operated at this moment to Dakar DSS is operated by A330 OO-SFB. Remember: that's one of the A330s in Eurowings colours!

When only a few A330s are in use, is it really necessary to send to Africa one that has the EW livery, when so many in SN colours are idle?
I guess it's to have all planes from the limited batch of aircraft that are kept 'ready for flying' actually fly from time to time???

The German economic stabilisation fund WSF has meanwhile approved the cash injection of €170M by Lufthansa in brussels airlines, together with the €290m loan from the Belgian government
https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20200818_93859496

Deejay
Posts: 24
Joined: 06 Feb 2018, 09:20

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by Deejay »

the covid-situation has evolved from "cancelled flights" to "significant schedule change flights".

I don't succeed to find on the SN website what policy they adopt.

do they accept refunds in case of "significant" flight schedule change?
and if yes, what is "significant"

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 37446
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by sn26567 »

Deejay wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 17:23 the covid-situation has evolved from "cancelled flights" to "significant schedule change flights".
Do you think so? They just cancelled all flights to/from WAW during a "significant" part of September.
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4483
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by Atlantis »

sn26567 wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 21:27
Deejay wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 17:23 the covid-situation has evolved from "cancelled flights" to "significant schedule change flights".
Do you think so? They just cancelled all flights to/from WAW during a "significant" part of September.
Hi Andre,

As from 25.08 LOT will also not fly anymore to Belgium.
Poland placed Belgium on their ban list.

Which is rediculous bcs in Poland is record after record now regarding COVID. Today the highest number ever, 903 new cases

Passenger
Posts: 6899
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by Passenger »

The Belgian government has appointed its 2 board members (as part of the Belgian rescue deal): Catherine Vandenborre, CFO Elia and Hans Van Bylen, former CEO Henkel will safeguard Belgium's interests.

Jetter
Posts: 478
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 21:07

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by Jetter »

Atlantis wrote: 21 Aug 2020, 21:12
sn26567 wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 21:27
Deejay wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 17:23 the covid-situation has evolved from "cancelled flights" to "significant schedule change flights".
Do you think so? They just cancelled all flights to/from WAW during a "significant" part of September.
Hi Andre,

As from 25.08 LOT will also not fly anymore to Belgium.
Poland placed Belgium on their ban list.

Which is rediculous bcs in Poland is record after record now regarding COVID. Today the highest number ever, 903 new cases
Belgium still has much higher numbers per capita so I does make sense.

rwandan-flyer
Posts: 481
Joined: 19 Dec 2010, 12:30

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by rwandan-flyer »

Brussels Airlines cancels all flights to Balearic Islands, till late October 2020 (so to the end of IATA 2020 summer season)

French: https://www.lalibre.be/economie/entrepr ... 6219b0893a


22 hours ago: Why SN still flying to red aeras ? (French) https://www.lalibre.be/economie/entrepr ... 77fb16bf51

Passenger
Posts: 6899
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by Passenger »

rwandan-flyer wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 17:10 Brussels Airlines cancels all flights to Balearic Islands, till late October 2020 (so to the end of IATA 2020 summer season)

French: https://www.lalibre.be/economie/entrepr ... 6219b0893a

22 hours ago: Why SN still flying to red aeras ? (French) https://www.lalibre.be/economie/entrepr ... 77fb16bf51
Reply:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=67995&p=399845#p399845

ezis_bis
Posts: 236
Joined: 07 Aug 2014, 17:11
Location: Tallinn, EU

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by ezis_bis »

Atlantis wrote: 21 Aug 2020, 21:12
As from 25.08 LOT will also not fly anymore to Belgium.
Poland placed Belgium on their ban list.
Hi, can I know what the source is?

To get to Tallinn next week, LOT still offers Brussels-Warsaw-Tallinn, I see a flight scheduled tomorrow and LOT still offers the to sell ticket next week.
Should I avoid it, or are they still operating?

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 37446
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by sn26567 »

ezis_bis wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 21:37
Atlantis wrote: 21 Aug 2020, 21:12
As from 25.08 LOT will also not fly anymore to Belgium.
Poland placed Belgium on their ban list.
Hi, can I know what the source is?

To get to Tallinn next week, LOT still offers Brussels-Warsaw-Tallinn, I see a flight scheduled tomorrow and LOT still offers the to sell ticket next week.
Should I avoid it, or are they still operating?
I had the same question, as my wife is scheduled to fly to WAW in mid-September with LOT. She did not (yet?) receive any cancellation notice.
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4483
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by Atlantis »

ezis_bis wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 21:37
Atlantis wrote: 21 Aug 2020, 21:12
As from 25.08 LOT will also not fly anymore to Belgium.
Poland placed Belgium on their ban list.
Hi, can I know what the source is?

To get to Tallinn next week, LOT still offers Brussels-Warsaw-Tallinn, I see a flight scheduled tomorrow and LOT still offers the to sell ticket next week.
Should I avoid it, or are they still operating?
Yeah sure, no problem. Here is the source, Notes from Poland.
But if you want to use LOT, really be careful bcs they are not refunding and almost not announce when they cancel a flight. Just that I can see really a lot of complaints about them

https://notesfrompoland.com/2020/08/21/ ... o-go-list/

User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4483
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by Atlantis »

sn26567 wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 21:43
ezis_bis wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 21:37
Atlantis wrote: 21 Aug 2020, 21:12
As from 25.08 LOT will also not fly anymore to Belgium.
Poland placed Belgium on their ban list.
Hi, can I know what the source is?

To get to Tallinn next week, LOT still offers Brussels-Warsaw-Tallinn, I see a flight scheduled tomorrow and LOT still offers the to sell ticket next week.
Should I avoid it, or are they still operating?
I had the same question, as my wife is scheduled to fly to WAW in mid-September with LOT. She did not (yet?) receive any cancellation notice.
Hi Andre, see my previous post with the source. If I can be frank, it is safer and less expensive if you take the car and drive there. It will be less troubles

Of course, everything can be fine as they say in the sourse that on 8th of September there will be a new update

ezis_bis
Posts: 236
Joined: 07 Aug 2014, 17:11
Location: Tallinn, EU

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by ezis_bis »

Atlantis wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 21:48
Yeah sure, no problem. Here is the source, Notes from Poland.

https://notesfrompoland.com/2020/08/21/ ... o-go-list/
Thank you. No LOT then.

User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4483
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by Atlantis »

ezis_bis wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 21:58
Atlantis wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 21:48
Yeah sure, no problem. Here is the source, Notes from Poland.

https://notesfrompoland.com/2020/08/21/ ... o-go-list/
Thank you. No LOT then.
Just received the new update 20 mins ago. The Polish government postponed the new ban till 1st September to give pax and airlines more time.
Text hereunder which I copied from Notes from Poland.
Source:Notes from Poland


Poland has delayed its move to expand the list of countries with which flights are banned.

It was meant to be increased tomorrow to include Spain, Belgium, Malta and 60 others. But it will now happen no earlier than 1 September, reportedly in order to give tourists more time to return safely to Poland.

Flanker2
Posts: 1729
Joined: 05 Dec 2012, 23:15

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by Flanker2 »

If you need to get to Poland, there are options from EIN ;)

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 37446
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by sn26567 »

Atlantis wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 22:05 Poland has delayed its move to expand the list of countries with which flights are banned.

It was meant to be increased tomorrow to include Spain, Belgium, Malta and 60 others. But it will now happen no earlier than 1 September, reportedly in order to give tourists more time to return safely to Poland.
Belgium escapes the ban (but SN has already cancelled its flights to WAW).

Planes from following 46 countries will not be allowed to come to Poland as of 2 September: Belize; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Montenegro; The Federative Republic of Brazil; The Kingdom of Bahrain; The Kingdom of Eswatini; The Kingdom of Spain; The Mexican United States; Israel; Qatar; Kuwait; Libya; Albania; Argentina; Armenia; Chile; Croatia; The Dominican Republic; Ecuador; France; Guatemala; Honduras; India; Iraq; Kazakhstan; Colombia; Kosovo; Costa Rica; The Lebanese Republic; The Republic of North Macedonia; The Republic of Maldives; Malta; Moldova; Namibia; Panama; Paraguay; Peru; South Africa; The Republic of El Salvador; The Republic of Suriname; Cape Verde; Romania; United States of America; Grand Duchy of Luxembourg; The Multinational State of Bolivia; Bahamas Community.

Source: https://www.bankier.pl/wiadomosc/Hiszpa ... 51514.html
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4483
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by Atlantis »

sn26567 wrote: 28 Aug 2020, 17:12
Atlantis wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 22:05 Poland has delayed its move to expand the list of countries with which flights are banned.

It was meant to be increased tomorrow to include Spain, Belgium, Malta and 60 others. But it will now happen no earlier than 1 September, reportedly in order to give tourists more time to return safely to Poland.
Belgium escapes the ban (but SN has already cancelled its flights to WAW).

Planes from following 46 countries will not be allowed to come to Poland as of 2 September: Belize; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Montenegro; The Federative Republic of Brazil; The Kingdom of Bahrain; The Kingdom of Eswatini; The Kingdom of Spain; The Mexican United States; Israel; Qatar; Kuwait; Libya; Albania; Argentina; Armenia; Chile; Croatia; The Dominican Republic; Ecuador; France; Guatemala; Honduras; India; Iraq; Kazakhstan; Colombia; Kosovo; Costa Rica; The Lebanese Republic; The Republic of North Macedonia; The Republic of Maldives; Malta; Moldova; Namibia; Panama; Paraguay; Peru; South Africa; The Republic of El Salvador; The Republic of Suriname; Cape Verde; Romania; United States of America; Grand Duchy of Luxembourg; The Multinational State of Bolivia; Bahamas Community.

Source: https://www.bankier.pl/wiadomosc/Hiszpa ... 51514.html
Indeed, I saw it also today when they released the new list. Politics I think

Post Reply