Brussels Airlines in 2020

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by Ozzie1969 »

I frankly don't care if Brussels Airlines go bust. As long as there is a demand for flights to and from Belgium, another company can step in.

I just feel sorry for the workers at Brussels Airlines who are going to suffer because of the incompetence of their 'bosses' ànd our beloved government.

MOD EDIT:
off-topic part of post has been removed.

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

DannyVDB wrote: 22 Jun 2020, 16:13
DannyVDB wrote: 12 Jun 2020, 07:51 According to https://sites.google.com/site/lhgroupfleet/brussels, they are preparing 7 A319 (5) & 320 (2) for entrance into service from 15/06 onwards.

The same source states there are already 3 A330 active ...

Cheers
Danny
According to the same source there are currently 11 A319 (7) and A320 (4) active ... Strange enough the source says no A330 are currently active while I think there was a flight today to Banjul ...

Anyone knows the LF on the flights the first week?

Cheers,
Danny
Activation of the fleet is going quite fast now: we are now at 16 A319 (9) and A320 (7). What will be the total fleet at the end? I see 5 out of 38 are stored (BTW: what is the exact difference between parked and stored). Will the other 33 be used? I thought they said they would withdraw 8 A319/A320 and 2 A332, not?

Will they start flying on Banjul, Dakar and Kinshasa from 1/07, or later?

Danny

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

D Vranckx repeated Friday that the fleet would shrink from 54 to 38 aircraft. If you count -5 CRJ900s (CityJet wet-lease contract) and -2 A330s, it should be -9 A320 family aircraft.

A restart to Africa will largely depend on how many countries will open their borders. Africa is still very much closed!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

sn26567 wrote: 28 Jun 2020, 09:52
A restart to Africa will largely depend on how many countries will open their borders. Africa is still very much closed!
Indeed numerous African countries closed their borders on March 14 at the same time the Belgian government was considering taking measures.
This combined with several measures including keeping distances and wearing face mask, possibly genetics (ACE2) and a young population, has led to having to date less deaths throughout the whole continent than in Belgium although the population is 120 times larger.
More than 50% of the deaths in the AFI region are in Egypt and South Africa, 5 countries making up 75% of the total.

Nevertheless, only a few countries (e.g. South Africa) have resumes air transportation, mostly domestic.
A handful of countries are considering reopening international flights as from July 1st, usually with conditions of a health certificate prior to boarding and/or quarantine on arrival.

ACI-Africa, Airport Council International, is doing a tremendous job at setting up guidelines including via webinars to assist airports in the restart as well as in communication.
The current situation is shown on the map below :

ACI Africa 20200628.png
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... 298352&z=2

Little by little....

Stay safe.

H.A.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

DannyVDB wrote: 28 Jun 2020, 09:20
DannyVDB wrote: 22 Jun 2020, 16:13
DannyVDB wrote: 12 Jun 2020, 07:51 According to https://sites.google.com/site/lhgroupfleet/brussels, they are preparing 7 A319 (5) & 320 (2) for entrance into service from 15/06 onwards.

The same source states there are already 3 A330 active ...

Cheers
Danny
According to the same source there are currently 11 A319 (7) and A320 (4) active ... Strange enough the source says no A330 are currently active while I think there was a flight today to Banjul ...

Anyone knows the LF on the flights the first week?

Cheers,
Danny
Activation of the fleet is going quite fast now: we are now at 16 A319 (9) and A320 (7). What will be the total fleet at the end? I see 5 out of 38 are stored (BTW: what is the exact difference between parked and stored). Will the other 33 be used? I thought they said they would withdraw 8 A319/A320 and 2 A332, not?

Will they start flying on Banjul, Dakar and Kinshasa from 1/07, or later?

Danny
I assume 'stored' is the long time version of 'parked'.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

sn26567 wrote: 28 Jun 2020, 14:49
Conti764 wrote: 28 Jun 2020, 12:37 But hey, the moderators apparently don't care how the message is brought, as long as it contains 'information'. So sad, the downhill direction this board has taken.
Mind you, Conti764, we do care. We often delete messages that cross the red line, while ensuring that freedom of speech and expression of opinions is possible in a legal way (i.e. without racist, religious, gender, political and other discriminations).

The border is sometimes difficult to assess. One basic rule: avoid personal attacks. Discuss facts, but don't shoot the messenger.
Fair enough. But with all due respect, unless you do something about the way certain members post, address or sometimes even attack other members these people will always trigger responses (which might be often against forum rules, I admit). But the root cause is always calling people with different opinions in a not so polite manner.

I'll stop complaining now.

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

As you may notice, i've done a thorough cleaning of this topic. I've removed multiple personal attacks, off topic posts, (very) marginally on topic posts, politically tinted posts etc.

Now behave and discuss the topic at hand, or don't even bother replying. DO NOT start personal attacks.
Thomas

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

The posts I removed all contained at least one, if not more, of the previously mentioned infractions on the forum rules.
Either that, or they were a continuation on those posts, which had nothing to do with the topic being discussed.
If you'd like to discuss this further, feel free to send a PM either to me or all mods and/or admins.
Thomas

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

KriVa wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 14:48 As you may notice, i've done a thorough cleaning of this topic. I've removed multiple personal attacks, off topic posts, (very) marginally on topic posts, politically tinted posts etc.

Now behave and discuss the topic at hand, or don't even bother replying. DO NOT start personal attacks.
There was no personal attack in my post!
I was just wondering if the unions of Brussels Airlines had the right to exist!!!
What's wrong here its become like in Iran!!!!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

Your post was a continuation of an off topic discussion which had no place in this forum, since the originating post of that discussion was, again, a thinly veiled politically motivated post. Hence its removal.
Thomas

Homo Aeroportus

OO-SFG left BRU half an hour ago as SN1303 bound for ROB.

Liberia is one of the first African countries to reopen to international traffic, as from yesterday 28JUN actually.
The flight left from B Pier. Could this be a first passenger flight to AFI?

SN has reviewed the restart that shows all flights to AFI starting not before August.

SN Restart 29JUN.png

H.A.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

But then, why restart Paris flights in June if long-haul does not start before August? I thought the only purpose of the Paris flights was to feed long-haul.
André
ex Sabena #26567

rwandan-flyer

Post by rwandan-flyer »

Brussels Airlines: 45% of the “normal” program in September / October, the revival of long-haul operations postponed to August

Brussels Airlines will operate in September and October 45% of its originally planned program, with 27 planes, the airline announced on Monday.

https://translate.google.fr/translate?h ... elance-des
Rwanda Aviation News (Drones, Air Force, Civil Aviation, Space, Air Balloon): https://www.facebook.com/RwandAn-Flyer-153177931456873

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Homo Aeroportus wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 17:30 OO-SFG left BRU half an hour ago as SN1303 bound for ROB.

Liberia is one of the first African countries to reopen to international traffic, as from yesterday 28JUN actually.

SN has reviewed the restart that shows all flights to AFI starting not before August.

SN Restart 29JUN.png

H.A.
There is an other SN flight en route to FIH... SN1357

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

Ansett wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 18:38
KriVa wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 14:48 As you may notice, i've done a thorough cleaning of this topic. I've removed multiple personal attacks, off topic posts, (very) marginally on topic posts, politically tinted posts etc.

If you removed my reaction to one of Passenger's post, while letting it stand in Passenger's reply, I fail to understand your logic.
If you find my post "offensive" and Passengers' post not offensive, there might be a problem of interpretation.

After all this, I am also leaving Aviation24.be. Too much advertsing ! Who gets the money ? Bye !
No, on that part you’re completely correct. It was an oversight on my behalf.
As to who gets the money? No clue, as far as I know all the expenses are paid with advertising and anything remaining out of pocket. Moderators etc. don’t get anything, nor should we.
Thomas

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

If Belgium saves a German SN, can we also expect Belgium to save the 35.000 other companies employing 10 or more people in Belgium, for a total of 2.4 million jobs?

What about holdings like AB InBev? Or did you think that Germany was going to save them for us?

Saving all these companies will result in the bankruptcy of Belgium, so not all of them will be saved.
Expecting that a SN flying tourists to Malaga should be saved while other Belgian jobs are allowed to disappear is pure hypocrisy and foolish tunnel vision.

I also wonder one thing and I may hurt some feelings, but let's be real for a minute.
Please read the paragraph in full before you burst in anger.
SN was on the brink of bankruptcy for the past 12 years. People still working there have hence had plenty of time to assess the risk and look for another job. Many have jumped the sinking ship.
Working for a company constantly on the edge, always in the media with bad news, is it not a matter of choice?
If so, should such jobs be saved?
Personally, I left SN at the first sign of weakness and now earning multiples of what I earned there. If I was still working there, and the airline was allowed to go bankrupt, I would feel relieved to be put out of my misery.
I feel that a lot of people working for SN could do much better in other sectors, and that their talents are wasted working for a placeholder airline with no future.

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

Homo Aeroportus wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 17:30 OO-SFG left BRU half an hour ago as SN1303 bound for ROB.

SN Restart 29JUN.png

H.A.
There was already one regular flight last week to ABJ (not really sure), don’t know if they flew more later that week.

Homo Aeroportus

Kapitein wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 10:18

SN Restart 29JUN.png

H.A.
There was already one regular flight last week to ABJ (not really sure), don’t know if they flew more later that week.
Last week I don't think so.
Normally (but what does this word really mean nowadays?) ABJ is to reopen as from tomorrow 01JUL. Strict measures on arrival, 14-day self-confinement required if coming from a country with more than 100 active cases and geo-tracking (don't have the details) on arrival.
AF should have a first passenger flight on 06JUL.
SN offers a BRU-COO-ABJ-BRU on 03JUL, but FR24 shows that OO-SFG flying SN1303 to ROB yesterday, continued further down the road to ABJ landing after midnight there, resuming the return flight tonight ABJ-ROB-BRU.

Strange times for sure.

H.A.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

OO-SFE (333) is doing 2 x Kinshasa SN1357/SN1358: on 29th June and on 1st July:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/oo-sfe

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Passenger wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 11:50 OO-SFE (333) is doing 2 x Kinshasa SN1357/SN1358: on 29th June and on 1st July:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/oo-sfe
Special flights for the commemoration of the 60th anniversary of the independence of Congo?
André
ex Sabena #26567