2020 Liège Airport (LGG/EBLG) latest news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Acid-drop

Re: 2020 Liège Airport (LGG/EBLG) latest news

Post by Acid-drop »

Not that fast.
Some hours are crowded, some arent
LGG is busy, thats for sure but i would be nice to understand better. I suspect parking in cargo north is the bottleneck, when should the new one be ready ?
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

737MAX wrote: 23 Mar 2020, 08:04
sn26567 wrote: 22 Mar 2020, 23:09
Acid-drop wrote: 22 Mar 2020, 22:32 Can anyone comment if Liège is overloaded these days ?
I see less and less qatar flights and some source* mention Basel is used instead of LGG and LUX.
I also see qatar flights from MST.
Is it that crowded ?
Where is the bottleneck ?

* https://skynews.ch/zivilluftfahrt/merkl ... roairport/
I think your answer is here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=68294
Hmmm, have you ever been at LGG by night?
You can’t seriously think that’s the list of all the scheduled flights at LGG...
The flights for TNT are most probably not booked as sheduled. Therefore this list might be correct indeed.
For BRU, for example, most flights handled by DHL are booked as chartered flights.

SR20

Post by SR20 »

Acid-drop wrote: 23 Mar 2020, 08:06 Not that fast.
Some hours are crowded, some arent
LGG is busy, thats for sure but i would be nice to understand better. I suspect parking in cargo north is the bottleneck, when should the new one be ready ?
Since early february 6 new stands have been open on the northern apron. There are now 16 stands available on the northern cargo apron.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

So where is the bottleneck ?
Why is qatar sending flights to maastricht and basel ?

Any pictures of the new parking spaces ?
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

BRU

Post by BRU »

737MAX wrote: 23 Mar 2020, 13:06
Acid-drop wrote: 23 Mar 2020, 12:45 So where is the bottleneck ?
Why is qatar sending flights to maastricht and basel ?

Any pictures of the new parking spaces ?
The question is... where did you get this from? Why that question?
QTR is still flying to LGG, why would flights to MST & BSL imply there is a "bottleneck" in LGG???
LUX is an issue, so flights you see in BSL and MST are flights that were operated to LUX before. Nothing to do with LGG.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

So why isnt LGG taking those over ?
Something is failing there.
Im trying to understand

ostair

Post by ostair »

What is the problem with LUX?

BRU

Post by BRU »

LUX is facing Manpower issues, and priority Goes to cargolux. And also LGG is seeing Manpower with handling agents as the biggest bottleneck at this moment. Same at other airports. That is reason why some airlines like to put some flights at different airports rather than consolidating at a few or a single airport.

SR20

Post by SR20 »

Handlers point out that due to the high level of sickness absence during cargo handling at Liège Airport and Luxembourg Airport, airlines move flights to Schiphol and other airports in the region. In Luxembourg, priority is now being given to handling the cargo flights of the national cargo carrier Cargolux, a source reports
Qatar Airways Cargo has departed en masse from Liège and Luxembourg to Schiphol and also uses Maastricht Aachen Airport (MAA) and even the Flemish Ostend Airport. In addition, the Limburg airport now handles cargo flights of Ethiopian Airlines and charter flights with e-commerce goods, which would normally land at Liège Airport. Russian AirBridgeCargo, which also flies for Emirates SkyCargo, has also shifted part of its cargo flights to MAA and other airports.

https://www.nieuwsbladtransport.nl/luch ... dpr=accept

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

I expected a failure but this is much bigger than I imagined :(
but to be fair, it's a dutch article with a dutch bias, it's not THAT bad. but there is a shift, that's for sure

ostair

Post by ostair »

Thanks for the info.
At the time of writing A7-BFR is heading for OST.

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

Quatar flights to BSL for medicine. Basel is a big pharma city.... Novartis, ... easier to go direct to pick-up the goods.
Last edited by Airbus330lover on 26 Mar 2020, 12:02, edited 1 time in total.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Why are those airlines shifting to AMS when you have BRU much closer? With disapearing passenger flights I can imagine BRU handlers still have some spare capacity, no?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Conti764 wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 12:01 Why are those airlines shifting to AMS when you have BRU much closer? With disapearing passenger flights I can imagine BRU handlers still have some spare capacity, no?
Spare capacity yes, but you also need the people.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Atlantis wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 20:40
Conti764 wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 12:01 Why are those airlines shifting to AMS when you have BRU much closer? With disapearing passenger flights I can imagine BRU handlers still have some spare capacity, no?
Spare capacity yes, but you also need the people.
That's what I mean with capacity. I imagine workers from pax ops can be shifted to cargo ops, no? Or is offloadig a cargoplane so much different then offloading cargo from a passenger plane?

Just asking...

BRU

Post by BRU »

People is not the problem in BRU. But they are also getting already extra flights. And depending on the handling agents, the situation can be very different from airline to airline.

Also, a lot of airlines were forced out of AMS due to slot restrictions in recent years. And suddenly they get slots, night slots and 7th freedom traffic rights to operate from the airport.

And finally, due to operational limitations (night curfew and fines Brussels Region!, BRU is not the favourite airport to fly to.

SR20

Post by SR20 »

20200327_190416.jpg

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

CRL workers are ready to help LGG if needed.
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

This article confirms that LGG is losing traffic
https://www.lloydsloadinglist.com/freig ... onxa2kzVzA

They are indeed unable to discourage the move to dutch airports. AMS I can understand... but MST ???

This was the best moment ever to prove the value of a full freighter airport, Im very disappointed.

rwandan-flyer

Post by rwandan-flyer »

Acid-drop wrote: 05 Apr 2020, 16:58 This article confirms that LGG is losing traffic
https://www.lloydsloadinglist.com/freig ... onxa2kzVzA

They are indeed unable to discourage the move to dutch airports. AMS I can understand... but MST ???

This was the best moment ever to prove the value of a full freighter airport, Im very disappointed.
You mean for pasengers ? Not Cargo, if i have understood the article.
Rwanda Aviation News (Drones, Air Force, Civil Aviation, Space, Air Balloon): https://www.facebook.com/RwandAn-Flyer-153177931456873