Brussels Airlines in 2020

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Jetter

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by Jetter »

sn26567 wrote: 07 Jan 2020, 18:19
Ansett wrote: 04 Jan 2020, 16:01 Is SN going to get the A321LR ?
Not so long ago, I asked the question to Christina Foerster. She answered, "I would like to buy it, but I don't have the money." Case closed!
Spohr has said 'EBIT must come before new planes' earlier so no surprise here. But the A321XLR would be a perfect plane for SN.r

Auka

Post by Auka »

I didn't find any flight to FUE with SN, does they stop this destination ? :( I asked them on twitter but a short reply with "we have no flight in july to FUE"

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Auka wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 12:45 I didn't find any flight to FUE with SN, does they stop this destination ? :( I asked them on twitter but a short reply with "we have no flight in july to FUE"
With the loss of the Thomas Cook Belgium contract (for obvious reasons), some destinations have indeed been cancelled next summer, while other destinations will have their frequencies reduced.

Fuerteventura is essentially a seasonal destination and it might indeed not be operated during the summer.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Iefleroy

Post by Iefleroy »

So With SN552 landed this morning in BRU
YYZ-BRU is now definitively over...

Air Canada will take over the line only as from May
Pitty...

rwandan-flyer

Post by rwandan-flyer »

Iefleroy wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 20:57 So With SN552 landed this morning in BRU
YYZ-BRU is now definitively over...

Air Canada will take over the line only as from May
Pitty...
Why pitty ? It's a common thing in aviation.

Air France operated in the past a daily service to Cincinati. Flights are now operated by Delta Airlines. Same thing with CDG Philadelphia. Flights were operated by Delta Airlines, after Air France ended its service,

During years, Air France operated seasonal service to Chicago (in summer), while Delta Airlines operated the seasonal service, in winter. CDG-ORD is now a year round service operated only by Air France

Air France operates a seasonnal service to Minneapolis during the summer, while Delta Airlines operates a year round service

In 2020, from CDG Delta and Air France serve:

Delta: Atlanta, Boston, Cincinnati, Detroit, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Minneapolis/St. Paul, New York–JFK, Raleigh/Durham, Salt Lake City, Seattle/Tacoma. Up to 13-14 DL flights a day, in summer, believe me, it was a bit sporty, last summet at CDG :mrgreen:

Air France: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago–O'Hare, Dallas/Fort Worth, (summer), Detroit, Houston–Intercontinental, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis/St. Paul(summer), New York–JFK, San Francisco, Seattle/Tacoma, Washington–Dulles.

Portland was supposed to open in summer 2019, with Delta Airlines. Austin was in project, but flights will be operated by Norwegian, from CDG

I understand, that SN is facing off to some pbs, and i was sometimes the 1st to say, i wonder if they consider Kigali as good market, with the new competition to Rwanda (KLM, TK, Qatar Airways,...). But sometimes, i feel, that they are bashing against this airline, some things happen at SN, happen also with some airlines ( i m talk about synergy or JV)
Rwanda Aviation News (Drones, Air Force, Civil Aviation, Space, Air Balloon): https://www.facebook.com/RwandAn-Flyer-153177931456873

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Finally ! SN's figures will ultimately be separate from those of Eurowings.

Source : https://www.lalibre.be/economie/entrepr ... 70ae125179

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

nordikcam wrote: 13 Jan 2020, 17:18 Finally ! SN's figures will ultimately be separate from those of Eurowings.
But...

In line with evolving market practices, Lufthansa Group and thus also Brussels Airlines will no longer disclose monthly traffic data from January 2020. Traffic data will be reported as part of the quarterly results releases instead.
André
ex Sabena #26567

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

No newspaper anymore on long haul flights in Business with Brussels airlines.
I find this completely outrageous and unacceptable!!!!

With Lufthansa you can download your newspaper but you still have your papers on the plane in fact I never traveled on long haul in Business with an airline not offering newspapers!!!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

convair

Post by convair »

lumumba wrote: 16 Jan 2020, 10:19 No newspaper anymore on long haul flights in Business with Brussels airlines.

With Lufthansa you can download your newspaper but you still have your papers on the plane in fact I never traveled on long haul in Business with an airline not offering newspapers!!!
If confirmed, it's a ridiculous decision! :shock:

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

convair wrote: 16 Jan 2020, 10:40
lumumba wrote: 16 Jan 2020, 10:19 No newspaper anymore on long haul flights in Business with Brussels airlines.

B.llshit lumumba (as usual when you post something about Brussels Airlines).
IF you fly Brussels Airlines in Business Class, you get a free login to an online newspaper.

See article from the homepage, 29th October 2019:
Brussels Airlines replaces printed newspapers with e-newspapers

Digital alternatives are replacing paper across the travel journey at Brussels Airlines. 52% of the airline’s guests already exchanged the paper boarding pass for a smartphone version. Now, the Belgian company wants to bring the digitalisation on board by replacing its newspapers by digital copies. The removal of printed newspapers on its 250 flights per day avoids 115 tons of transported weight per year, decreasing fuel consumption and thus CO2 emissions.

As from 27 October 2019, Brussels Airlines will remove all printed newspapers from its flights. Instead, guests in all travel classes receive a subscription to the digital newspaper of their choice. The switch to digital newspapers only is a logical choice, as the airline wants to meet today’s digital standards as well as reduce its ecological footprint. The removal of the printed newspapers on its 250 daily flights decreases the weight of the aircraft and hence its fuel consumption, leading to 35 tonnes of CO2 reductions.

The digital news offer contains the following newspapers and magazines: Het Laatste Nieuws, De Tijd, Algemeen Dagblad, De Volkskrant, Het Parool, Trouw, Le Soir, L’Echo, La Capitale, La Meuse, La Gazette, La Province, Nord Eclair.

Not only on board, but also before the flight digital possibilities replace paper during the travel process. In 2018, 52% of all Brussels Airlines passengers used their smartphone to board their flight and the numbers continue to rise. As the airline continuously renews itself to be part of this digitalised world, it has now launched a new version of its mobile app, including an easy boarding pass access that stores your boarding pass for you even if you had not checked in via the app. Find out more about the new app on brusselsairlines.com

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/luft ... ewspapers/

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

What is all this sudden surprise about? Is has been the case since months, guys.
Everybody is moving away from paper and towards electronic copies of everything you can imagine: your bank statements, your taxman's fiscal declaration form and indeed airlines too with boarding passes and newspapers etc.
One can freely download whatever newspapers you'd want to read digitally onto your personal tablet: easy, green and probably cheaper too. And you always have the latest version of your choice (which is wider than before) and no more yesterday's papers on the early morning flights to BRU or the longhaul flights.
It's an improvement to me even, in fact!?
Or do you really prefer reading the news of Monday in the Tuesday newspapers on a Wednesday morning flight? :shock:

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

While for a long time I preferred my traditional paper copy of a newspaper, I have also changed to a digital copy, which I read on my tablet. For example: Het Laatste Nieuws can be bought and downloaded for €0,99. It's a mentality change, but I like it.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

What about elderly (or other) people who are not connected?
André
ex Sabena #26567

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

You can take one in the lounge, no?

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Passenger wrote: 16 Jan 2020, 11:23
convair wrote: 16 Jan 2020, 10:40

B.llshit lumumba (as usual when you post something about Brussels Airlines).
IF you fly Brussels Airlines in Business Class, you get a free login to an online newspaper.

See article from the homepage, 29th October 2019:
Brussels Airlines replaces printed newspapers with e-newspapers

Digital alternatives are replacing paper across the travel journey at Brussels Airlines. 52% of the airline’s guests already exchanged the paper boarding pass for a smartphone version. Now, the Belgian company wants to bring the digitalisation on board by replacing its newspapers by digital copies. The removal of printed newspapers on its 250 flights per day avoids 115 tons of transported weight per year, decreasing fuel consumption and thus CO2 emissions.

As from 27 October 2019, Brussels Airlines will remove all printed newspapers from its flights. Instead, guests in all travel classes receive a subscription to the digital newspaper of their choice. The switch to digital newspapers only is a logical choice, as the airline wants to meet today’s digital standards as well as reduce its ecological footprint. The removal of the printed newspapers on its 250 daily flights decreases the weight of the aircraft and hence its fuel consumption, leading to 35 tonnes of CO2 reductions.

The digital news offer contains the following newspapers and magazines: Het Laatste Nieuws, De Tijd, Algemeen Dagblad, De Volkskrant, Het Parool, Trouw, Le Soir, L’Echo, La Capitale, La Meuse, La Gazette, La Province, Nord Eclair.

Not only on board, but also before the flight digital possibilities replace paper during the travel process. In 2018, 52% of all Brussels Airlines passengers used their smartphone to board their flight and the numbers continue to rise. As the airline continuously renews itself to be part of this digitalised world, it has now launched a new version of its mobile app, including an easy boarding pass access that stores your boarding pass for you even if you had not checked in via the app. Find out more about the new app on brusselsairlines.com

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/luft ... ewspapers/
It's true it happens to me this morning and it was confirmed by the crew.
I only read paper not electronic papers but ok it seems the problem is only with me.
By the way Passengers I don't need your aggressive reaction and sure when I'm right learn to read what I write.
I sais NEWSPAPER not e-newspapers....I hope I'm clear enough for you and this with insults!!!!
Last edited by lumumba on 16 Jan 2020, 23:09, edited 2 times in total.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

DannyVDB wrote: 16 Jan 2020, 20:20

You can take one in the lounge, no?
Sure but I don't take all of them next time I will do that but it's less easy for the same result.
And when you depart from abroad there are no papers.(for example from all the African destinations and these are important in the Brussels airlines network isn't it!)

b720

Post by b720 »

Error after error..seriously downgraded catering for C class within Europe, then no free F&B for flex ..cutting products in the lounge..
Now no newspapers..
They are cutting from premium passengers. A big mistake imho.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Ansett wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 22:33 Does anybody know if flight crews are also targeted by the Reboot Plan? What about other categories of employees on SN's payroll?
During the presentation of the Reboot plan to the press, Christina Foerster and Dieter Vranckx said that initially there would be minimal changes in the fleet. Only during Summer 2020 would the number of flights be adjusted to demand. Even so, there would be little impact on the flight crews.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

Ansett wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 23:09 I recently flew in Flex&Fast and I can tell you that when the cc came with the trolley through the Flex&Fast rows, the mood was grim.
I just got an email with an invitation to bid for an upgrade from Light to Flex, when I clicked on the link I was shown a picture of a flight attendant serving food and beverage to a passenger... Ridiculous!
100€ for fast lane security and a seat on row 5 instead of row 6, a rip-off!
Quo vadis Brussels Airlines?

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

Ansett wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 22:33"ACV/CNE has realised that its name had been withdrawn from the CLA (collective labour agreement) with the pilots, although the union had duly signed this agreement."
"ACV/CNE wants social dialogue to be resumed immediately without preliminary conditions.
Brussels Airlines management replies that nobody was excluded from the discussions. ACV/CNE excluded itself by disagreeing with the voluntary departures plan and requiring a collective lay-off plan. The airline pursues constructive discussions with the two unions which accept the Reboot plan."

This is communist rethoric from management. If you do not agree with us, you have no place here.
Only those who agree and will sign on to our plans are welcome". No discussions, no negotiations. No criticism allowed.
ACV's demands are ridiculous, and it's good they have been dismissed. We've seen enough tjeverij from them already. What they're basically saying is that not hiring new staff equals collective layoffs, it's preposterous! They made themselves irrelevant with such an extremist stance.

The tsjeven should put their effort in repaying Arcopar victims instead of trying to run another airline into the ground. Never forget that they were calling for strikes even at the moment SN went under!