Police helicopter over Haacht?

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

jan_olieslagers

Police helicopter over Haacht?

Post by jan_olieslagers »

For the best part of the last hour - roughly 19:30-20:30 UTC, and no end to it as I type this - a helicopter has been slowly circling the area near Haacht railway station. It is not visible on flightradar24, and sounds much like our Federal Police MD900 NOTARs. Would it really be the police? What evil might be afoot that they spend such a long time at low altitude, right between EBBR approaches 25L and 25R - both active? Can I still risk taking my dog for an evening walk?

Update: 21:15 UTC and they seem to have gone. Mission accomplished? Or fuel exhausted?

TLspotting

Re: Police helicopter over Haacht?

Post by TLspotting »

jan_olieslagers wrote: 10 Jan 2020, 21:42 For the best part of the last hour - roughly 19:30-20:30 UTC, and no end to it as I type this - a helicopter has been slowly circling the area near Haacht railway station. It is not visible on flightradar24, and sounds much like our Federal Police MD900 NOTARs. Would it really be the police? What evil might be afoot that they spend such a long time at low altitude, right between EBBR approaches 25L and 25R - both active? Can I still risk taking my dog for an evening walk?

Update: 21:15 UTC and they seem to have gone. Mission accomplished? Or fuel exhausted?
It was G-10, just verified so with radarbox24.

https://www.radarbox24.com/data/flights/G10/1377559425

It also came in my neighbourhood in the afternoon.
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

jan_olieslagers

Ha! bedankt!

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Helicopter above xxx is a heavily discussed topic in a few Facebook groups. For example and from time to time: in the Mechelen Facebook group, people write about their observation of a helicopter above the city. Quite funny to read ;-)

jan_olieslagers

One more reason for me to keep away from that faecesbook! All info is offered here!