Boeing 737 (MAX) news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Airbus330lover

Re: Boeing 737 (MAX) news

Post by Airbus330lover »

I do.... but, in aerodynamic, when ou put the gravity center too far forward....this frame becomes an iron.
Last edited by Airbus330lover on 17 Dec 2019, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.

737MAX

Post by 737MAX »

Poiu wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 17:54
Airbus330lover wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 17:20

Very simple. When the aerodynamics is so modified... to a need of a electronic system to compensate.... it's not the same plane. Nor Acid-drop, nor me is such a bad designed aircraft
ALL modern civilian and military jets have electronic systems to compensate the complex aerodynamics...
You and Acid better start travelling by train, car, bicycle,...
Quite shocking that an Airbus330lover doesn't know this :mrgreen:

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

737MAX wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 18:27
Poiu wrote:
Airbus330lover wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 17:20

Very simple. When the aerodynamics is so modified... to a need of a electronic system to compensate.... it's not the same plane. Nor Acid-drop, nor me is such a bad designed aircraft
ALL modern civilian and military jets have electronic systems to compensate the complex aerodynamics...
Quite shocking that an Airbus330lover doesn't know this :mrgreen:
So where is the difference with the 737 MAX?
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Bracebrace

Post by Bracebrace »

Poiu wrote:
That's not the issue. The issue is when compensation devices fail and the failure effect of such failure on a commercial airliner.

I'm wondering how many actually have done the rollercoaster procedure, let alone knew about the existance and the why it exists in the first place. It would be nice to see statistics. Who has done rollercoaster during his/her initial type rating, who has done it during a recurrent prior to the crash, who has done it - but only after the crash?

It's pretty evident by now that the solution provided by Boeing (manual trim... which might not work... so use the rollercoaster... if you know what that is...) is not accepted by any authority. With reason.

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

737MAX wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 11:06
Homo Aeroportus wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 00:12
or this is a way to put pressure on FAA to (re)certify asap ..??

H.A.
I don’t think so. The FAA cannot be that wrong twice.
Fully agree with you concerning the FAA; they will probably be much tougher than they have been.
But Muilenburg has been very pushy about a return to service by "end of September", "by year-end", so much so that he got a slap on the wrist by the FAA a few days ago.
So I don't rule out that by telling he is closing the line (temporarily) as from January, his intention is to pass the baby on the FAA with all consequences. Don't think the latter will flink though.

But what will the workers at Boeing, Spirit Aerosystems and so many lower tier suppliers think and do ?
Even in the patriotic US, every man and his dog knows that fixing the 73M won't be easy. The workers also know now that the shutdown will take probably 2+ months. No work, no pay. So those who find another job will take it and leave.
Now, call them back when the production starts again. Boeing et al. may then have difficulty in recruiting and training qualified personnel.
Tough times ahead.

H.A.

737MAX

Post by 737MAX »

Homo Aeroportus wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 19:13

Even in the patriotic US, every man and his dog knows that fixing the 73M won't be easy.

H.A.
It's already fixed. Since a long time. And the current fix only needs a very little workload on the existing B737 MAX fleet...

But yes - it's not a approved yet, it's taking ages and of course the FAA/EASA and other administrations will take the time they need to cover themselves as well. Like I said, they cannot fail twice.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Around 100 airplane fuselages bound for Boeing’s 737 Max production facility sit in storage at their top supplier, Spirit AeroSystems Holdings Inc, in Wichita, Kansas, United States.

https://www.aviation24.be/manufacturers ... -but-when/
® Reuters

737MAX

Post by 737MAX »

But when... :?

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

No flight at United with 737 MAX until 4 June.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Spirit Aerosystems is closing down its production plant of 737 MAX fuselages. Until now Spirit had kept its production at 54 units per month, even though Boeing had reduced the output from 54 to 42 units per month.

Spirit says its financial position will be adversely impacted as 50% of its annual revenue comes from 737 components.

Boeing is being sued by Timaero Ireland seeking to cancel its order for 22 B737 MAX jets that it alleges is worthless because of the plane’s troubles. The VEB Leasing (Russia) subsidiary is seeking more than US$185 million in damages after filing suit in Chicago.
André
ex Sabena #26567

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Turkish Airlines is reportedly preparing to sue Boeing over impact from the B737 MAX grounding. The carrier has grounded 24 MAX, while the remainder of the 75 on order have yet to be delivered.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

PttU

Post by PttU »

sn26567 wrote:
12 Dec 2019, 20:51
Michael O'Leary tells Ryanair passengers will not know if a Boeing 737 Max is due to operate a flight when they make a booking. But he says this is not a problem because "consumer confidence in the type will return quickly". Really? What if people refuse to fly Ryanair because they don't know whether they'll fly on a MAX?
People flying Ryanair only choose lowest fares. If they would really care about their safety, they would already have chosen another airline after the news or rumours about Ryanair flying with as little fuel as possible, and pushing their personnel (like not getting paid when not flying). Those are people who would take a Flixbus otherwise, where they also don't know which make the device transporting them is, or what the working conditions are for the people bringing them from A to B.

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

PttU wrote:
22 Dec 2019, 14:50
sn26567 wrote:
12 Dec 2019, 20:51
Michael O'Leary tells Ryanair passengers will not know if a Boeing 737 Max is due to operate a flight when they make a booking. But he says this is not a problem because "consumer confidence in the type will return quickly". Really? What if people refuse to fly Ryanair because they don't know whether they'll fly on a MAX?
People flying Ryanair only choose lowest fares. If they would really care about their safety, they would already have chosen another airline after the news or rumours about Ryanair flying with as little fuel as possible, and pushing their personnel (like not getting paid when not flying). Those are people who would take a Flixbus otherwise, where they also don't know which make the device transporting them is, or what the working conditions are for the people bringing them from A to B.
I fly FR, but take the safety in account. I don't fly for the fares (not always the lowest BTW) You seems to forgot the world changed. And if I have a risk for a MAX, i will take the train if possible. I fly FR by convenience, and will continue to fly it but never on a MAX

This sentence :
People flying Ryanair only choose lowest fares. If they would really care about their safety, they would already have chosen another airline after the news or rumours about Ryanair flying with as little fuel as possible, and pushing their personnel (like not getting paid when not flying). Those are people who would take a Flixbus otherwise, where they also don't know which make the device transporting them is, or what the working conditions are for the people bringing them from A to B. is ridiculous

And by the way, until now, FR is a safe airline (stat proved)

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

I think that when our EUROPEAN flying authority approves flying the MAX, we don't have to worry ourselves anymore...
UNTIL then FR won't fly a MAX and the discussion is from the table...
If we can't trust our own european safety board and certification, we better stop driving cars also..
But when the MAX will fly again in europe who knows...
Better fly an airbus easy on maybe haha...

CXB
New types flown 2020 : A321neo,B781
New types planned : E140-E190E2

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

cathay belgium wrote:
22 Dec 2019, 15:35
Hi,

I think that when our EUROPEAN flying authority approves flying the MAX, we don't have to worry ourselves anymore...
UNTIL then FR won't fly a MAX and the discussion is from the table...
If we can't trust our own european safety board and certification, we better stop driving cars also..
But when the MAX will fly again in europe who knows...
Better fly an airbus easy on maybe haha...

CXB
Surely, but not for tomorrow. Was just reaction on the "sentence" of pttU

Konus

Post by Konus »

I have flown ona MAX in January 2019 to FUE with TUI Airlines Belgium (OO-TMB). An extreme nice flight and very quiet.

I love to see them flying again soon.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Well I flown it myself too ;) same experience but guess we're just lucky... that the MCAS system didn't work :)
Don't think the people of Ethiopian and Lion share our opinions about the MAX...

Only stupid people ignore real facts which are known.. like euh... Boeing People ;) !

I would love them see flying when it's declared safe and otherwise I see a lot of nice coke-cans and a nice airbus instead ;)

CXB
New types flown 2020 : A321neo,B781
New types planned : E140-E190E2

737MAX

Post by 737MAX »

cathay belgium wrote:
22 Dec 2019, 17:28
n't think the people of Ethiopian and Lion share our opinions about the MAX...

Only stupid people ignore real facts which are known.. like euh... Boeing People ;) !

CXB
That's absolutely true.
The other truth is that you cannot understand "real facts" and what it all means only by reading the internet.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg to step down immediately.

https://www.aviation24.be/manufacturers ... s-new-ceo/

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

TLspotting wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 15:24
Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg to step down immediately.

https://www.aviation24.be/manufacturers ... s-new-ceo/
A high-ranking victim of the 737 MAX debacle!
André
ex Sabena #26567