Brussels Airlines in 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

brabel

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by brabel »

Flew them to Barcelona last weekend.
On time, nice staff, (almost) full plane in both directions.

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

Flew them to TXL yesterday.
On time for outbound , nice staff,90% full
TXL-BRU delay (weather in BRU) full plane nice staff.

Everything not always bad, but OK, why rescue EW passengers when problems with other planes.
Sarcastic mode on :EW should call Air Belgium first sarcastic mode off

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

JFK to be canceled tomorrow...

BAAV

Post by BAAV »

can echo the above, flew them last week on the Ljubljana sector which they started up within the month of the Adria demise: 90 plus load factor, both flights ahead of schedule, professional and friendly staff. flex and fast indeed no longer comes with a meal

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Berlin, Barcelona, Ljubljana : european network ! Friendly staff of course !
New-York, Kigali, Toronto, Kinshasa, Accra : intercontinental network...and the friendly staff is @ home or @ the hotel.

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

BAAV wrote: 28 Nov 2019, 21:58 can echo the above, flew them last week on the Ljubljana sector which they started up within the month of the Adria demise: 90 plus load factor, both flights ahead of schedule, professional and friendly staff. flex and fast indeed no longer comes with a meal
The fact that Ljubljana, Barcelona, Berlin and probably hundreds of other flights were on time last week is not relevant, the discussion is about the long haul schedule which is falling apart on an almost daily basis due to lack of resilience.
I would like to see the Eu261 bill, reducing the program by eg 5% and have the necessary resilience could be financially and commercially better than the actual penny wise pound foolish strategy where all resources are stretched to an absolute maximum.
If reboot is about further reducing costs, increasing productivity and stretching resources it is doomed to fail. SN need to reinvent themselves if they want to have a chance to become successful.
Last edited by Poiu on 29 Nov 2019, 08:36, edited 2 times in total.

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

;) Just wanted to be positive

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Airbus330lover wrote: 29 Nov 2019, 07:18 ;) Just wanted to be positive
Being positive today : all SN long haul departed ! Great news !

About THE plan...When the "Reboot" plan of SN will be communicated and will take course. 2019 ? 2020 ? Later ? Thx ...

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

nordikcam wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 14:25 About THE plan...When the "Reboot" plan of SN will be communicated and will take course. 2019 ? 2020 ? Later ? Thx ...
I could be wrong of course, but I am under the impression many here wrongfully expect some kind of a big, abrupt and revolutionary plan in which they will announce that as from a said date everything will change and they will somehow ditch a quarter or even half of their business, together with the fleet and jobs that go with it

As far as I understood it, they are going through a typical business transformation in which they restructure the way in which they work, focus more on automation of their internal processes and the IT side of their business and thus become leaner and more efficient. And yes, they will go over all of their revenue sources too while at it to see which still make sense in future, but it's not the essence, it seems.

Compare it to a bank: these days, they are all moving towards online banking with all sort of smart apps, etc, away from the traditional distribution channels in town and city centres, thus even closing certain bank shops in low profit areas, but in essence, their turn around is centered on shedding back office, overhead costs and old internal processes too, rather than shrinking their business.

As far as I can see here, flights for next season are all open for booking and seem pretty much on the same footing as last year's??? i have of course not bothered doing a 1 on 1 comparison, but they don't seem to be massively slashing key routes or anything like that. Definitely not something in line with what some have expected and loudly announced over here?! I think quite a lot of people are overreacting here when it comes to product changes and business adjustments being made by them.

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

Inquirer wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 14:55 As far as I understood it, they are going through a typical business transformation in which they restructure the way in which they work, focus more on automation of their internal processes and the IT side of their business and thus become leaner and more efficient. And yes, they will go over all of their revenue sources too while at it to see which still make sense in future, but it's not the essence, it seems.
It has been clearly announced, by Christina, that costs will have to be reduced by 10%, which is a massive amount in aviation. No doubt loss making routes will be axed, continuing to operate them would require even bigger cost saving measures. Reboot has not been finalised yet, so the impact on the network is still unknown.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Inquirer wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 14:55
nordikcam wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 14:25 About THE plan...When the "Reboot" plan of SN will be communicated and will take course. 2019 ? 2020 ? Later ? Thx ...
I could be wrong of course, but I am under the impression many here wrongfully expect some kind of a big, abrupt and revolutionary plan in which they will announce that as from a said date everything will change and they will somehow ditch a quarter or even half of their business, together with the fleet and jobs that go with it

As far as I understood it, they are going through a typical business transformation in which they restructure the way in which they work, focus more on automation of their internal processes and the IT side of their business and thus become leaner and more efficient. And yes, they will go over all of their revenue sources too while at it to see which still make sense in future, but it's not the essence, it seems.

Compare it to a bank: these days, they are all moving towards online banking with all sort of smart apps, etc, away from the traditional distribution channels in town and city centres, thus even closing certain bank shops in low profit areas, but in essence, their turn around is centered on shedding back office, overhead costs and old internal processes too, rather than shrinking their business.

As far as I can see here, flights for next season are all open for booking and seem pretty much on the same footing as last year's??? i have of course not bothered doing a 1 on 1 comparison, but they don't seem to be massively slashing key routes or anything like that. Definitely not something in line with what some have expected and loudly announced over here?! I think quite a lot of people are overreacting here when it comes to product changes and business adjustments being made by them.
I did not expect to be told that the plan included a focus on the North and South Americas, Africa's development, and new acquisitions in terms of aircraft. Of course. But to read Inquirer who is kind enough to propose an analysis, I have the impression that SN discovers that it must close its agency downtown and reorganize the internal services. I'm sarcastic as often and I know that SN is not there but I still find it hard to imagine that this internal reorganization, this harmonization with LH, LX and OS or others will allow SN to save € 100 million annually.

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

Poiu wrote: 28 Nov 2019, 22:49 I would like to see the Eu261 bill,
How is that going to change anything? Yes, I know how much it is, but if I tell you, I have to kill you. ;)

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

DeltaWiskey wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 19:10
Poiu wrote: 28 Nov 2019, 22:49 I would like to see the Eu261 bill,
How is that going to change anything? Yes, I know how much it is, but if I tell you, I have to kill you. ;)
It was a rhetorical question!
Cutting a little bit in the programme and build in some resilience could see the bill decrease by more than the lost revenue and, as a bonus, customer satisfaction will increase.
Let’s hope Reboot is about this kind of cost cutting and not about axing jobs and stretching already over stressed resources.

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

I meant: how is it going to change anything that YOU know how big the bill is? If YOU could something about it, you would know how much it is.

The people and managers that can do something about it, are very much aware of the costs and it is one of their priorities to get it under control and within budget.

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

and to avoid such a stupid expense, be on time and have a backup plane (see OO pregistered planes in DUS

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

DeltaWiskey wrote: 01 Dec 2019, 11:25 I meant: how is it going to change anything that YOU know how big the bill is? If YOU could something about it, you would know how much it is.
As I said, a rhetorical question! :roll:
(A rhetorical question is a question someone asks without expecting an answer.)

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

Breaking: Christina Foerster leaves Brussels Airlines (and goes to Lufthansa)

https://www.hln.be/nieuws/binnenland/ch ... ~a1f4c378/

https://www.tijd.be/ondernemen/luchtvaa ... 87664.html

convair

Post by convair »

Boavida wrote: 03 Dec 2019, 11:29 Breaking: Christina Foerster leaves Brussels Airlines (and goes to Lufthansa)

Bets open for her successor. Thorsten Dirks?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

convair wrote: 03 Dec 2019, 11:56
Boavida wrote: 03 Dec 2019, 11:29 Breaking: Christina Foerster leaves Brussels Airlines (and goes to Lufthansa)

Bets open for her successor. Thorsten Dirks?
Not at all.

Full story: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/luft ... lufthansa/
André
ex Sabena #26567

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

De Standaard reports that a Belgian(!) will be the new CEO of Brussels Airlines: Dieter Vranckx (apparently he worked for Swiss)