BRU Summer 2020: news, new routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

nordikcam

Re: BRU Summer 2020: news, new routes, airlines

Post by nordikcam »

I read the article on "Budapest secures boost with Shanghai airlines" ... daily flights to Shanghai. On the other hand BRU the airport which serves a tourist city and an important political capital: zero flight! Let's look for the mistake!

rwandan-flyer

Post by rwandan-flyer »

I read the article on "Budapest secures boost with Shanghai airlines" ... daily flights to Shanghai. On the other hand BRU the airport which serves a tourist city and an important political capital: zero flight! Let's look for the mistake!
Some countries in East of Europe, have a significant diaspora, from some Asian countries, mainly from China or Vietnam

I remmember, when i worked on CSA flights at CDG, there were lots of Vientamese arriving from Hanoi or Hô Chi Minh-Ville, with AF or Vietnam Airlines , and then they had a connecting to Prague, with CSA.

"Last year,a total of 256,000 Chinese tourists visited Hungary, a 11.06 percent increase year-on-year," said Cui Ke, director of China National Tourist Office, Budapest.

According to Cui, in the same period, a total of 23,600 Hungarian tourists visited China, up 4.89 percent year-on-year.

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2019-0 ... 058375.htm
Rwanda Aviation News (Drones, Air Force, Civil Aviation, Space, Air Balloon): https://www.facebook.com/RwandAn-Flyer-153177931456873

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

rwandan-flyer wrote: 25 Nov 2019, 19:06
Some countries in East of Europe, have a significant diaspora, from some Asian countries, mainly from China or Vietnam

I remmember, when i worked on CSA flights at CDG, there were lots of Vientamese arriving from Hanoi or Hô Chi Minh-Ville, with AF or Vietnam Airlines , and then they had a connecting to Prague, with CSA.

"Last year,a total of 256,000 Chinese tourists visited Hungary, a 11.06 percent increase year-on-year," said Cui Ke, director of China National Tourist Office, Budapest.

According to Cui, in the same period, a total of 23,600 Hungarian tourists visited China, up 4.89 percent year-on-year.

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2019-0 ... 058375.htm
East Europe is really booming. BUD bcs of LOT, LOT opened their first foreign basis there.

LOT Polish Airlines is flying from WAW to a nice number of destinations in The States. This bcs a huge Polish community is living in Chicago.

Besides this, they have a great number of Asian destinations like Singapore, Seoul, Beijing, Colombia, Delhi, Tokio. And they have currently around 15 B787. More of them will follow in 2020.

You have indeed those diaspora in those countries and the fact that they attract really a lot of foreign companies. Also a lot of Spanish, Portuguese, Italian people are working in Poland bcs the wages and conditions are much better then in their own country.

In Radom, many kms from WAW, they will start the new mega airport.

Let's say that our politicians are sleeping and only thinking about their functions. They are not serving the country. Everything takes too long here. Metro, bus, train takes years of talking before they decide to have it more at BRU. The new A Pier West is taking years bcs of burocracy. And many other examples spread over the whole country.
In The Netherlands too. They speak, negotiate, they decide and they act. This week regarding the train station and next year about the metro. We even can't have a very simple Trambus. Delayed bcs of politics
So frustrating to work bcs you all the time depend of hundreds of others who are not in aviation but as a matter of fact who are deciding about your future

East Europe will be much more developed, more modern and a stiff competitor for the West.

Back to the topic
Last edited by Atlantis on 26 Nov 2019, 22:23, edited 2 times in total.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Atlantis wrote: 26 Nov 2019, 22:10 The new A Pier West is taking years bcs of burocracy.
It was a mistake to shelve this project a couple of years ago. Growth was slowing down, true. But you know things take time in Belgium.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Atlantis it is off topic but important to tell it.

Radom Airport is not going to be the Polish mega Airport. Radom is like Lelystad for Amsterdam.

The Mega Airport is 40km far from Warsaw.
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

TLspotting wrote: 26 Nov 2019, 23:27 Atlantis it is off topic but important to tell it.

Radom Airport is not going to be the Polish mega Airport. Radom is like Lelystad for Amsterdam.

Hi TLspotting,

Radom Airport itself not, what I referred to is that the new mega airport will be close to Radom. But be sure that Radom Airport will be closed

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Atlantis wrote: 27 Nov 2019, 10:31
TLspotting wrote: 26 Nov 2019, 23:27 Atlantis it is off topic but important to tell it.

Hi TLspotting,

Radom Airport itself not, what I referred to is that the new mega airport will be close to Radom. But be sure that Radom Airport will be closed
This is completely off-topic, but the new Solidarity Transport Hub or Central Port of Communication will be 40km west of Warsaw in the direction of Lodz. It is not anywhere close to Radom, which is south of Warsaw.
Capture.JPG
André
ex Sabena #26567

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

We should get some info on Transavia soon...

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

sn26567 wrote: 27 Nov 2019, 11:16
Atlantis wrote: 27 Nov 2019, 10:31

Hi TLspotting,

This is completely off-topic, but the new Solidarity Transport Hub or Central Port of Communication will be 40km west of Warsaw in the direction of Lodz. It is not anywhere close to Radom, which is south of Warsaw.

Capture.JPG
Hmm OK, strange bcs they were all the time referring to Radom about this project. I can be wrong of course. But indeed, this place is on the other side

ezis_bis

Post by ezis_bis »

737MAX wrote: 27 Nov 2019, 12:20 If I’m not mistaken, SN was supposed to replace AC on the BRU-YUL route?
As I understood, SN would be seasonal and additional to AC

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

ezis_bis wrote: 27 Nov 2019, 13:10
737MAX wrote: 27 Nov 2019, 12:20 If I’m not mistaken, SN was supposed to replace AC on the BRU-YUL route?
As I understood, SN would be seasonal and additional to AC
SN will fly seasonal 5 times a week to YUL. AC will fly from both cities to BRU

brabel

Post by brabel »

San Francisco and Singapore are off the table for next summer season?
I thought United would start SFO?
And Singapore airlines to SIN?

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

brabel wrote: 27 Nov 2019, 16:29 San Francisco and Singapore are off the table for next summer season?
Maybe UA will publish something next spring... either SFO or a second EWR flight as the 787-10 is a success with full flights since it was introduced and only a downgrade to 777 and not the usual 767-400 we saw the pas years
Citybird
The flying dream

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Primera Air was going to launch evening flights in 2019. It really shows the opportunity but of course, Primera Air went down, by opening 3 or 4 bases at a time.

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

TLspotting wrote: 27 Nov 2019, 17:25 Primera Air was going to launch evening flights in 2019. It really shows the opportunity but of course, Primera Air went down, by opening 3 or 4 bases at a time.
UA as well , before the attacks they had planned an afternoon rotation on 757
Citybird
The flying dream

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

brabel wrote: 27 Nov 2019, 16:29 San Francisco and Singapore are off the table for next summer season?
In any case I think that if something is on the table it will not be the work of the said national carrier

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

CTBke wrote: 27 Nov 2019, 17:45 UA as well , before the attacks they had planned an afternoon rotation on 757
I didn't know so :lol:

CRJ 900

Post by CRJ 900 »

SIN still on the table with high priority.
SFO highly uncertain in the short term.
Return of a ‘previously lost’ airline / destination also in the picture.
Cannot disclose more for the time being, but from a high level and very reliable source. Guess we need to have a bit of patience.

Matt

Post by Matt »

CRJ 900 wrote: 27 Nov 2019, 20:26 Return of a ‘previously lost’ airline / destination also in the picture.
American Airlines with Philadelphia ?

travellover

Post by travellover »

CRJ 900 wrote: 27 Nov 2019, 20:26 Return of a ‘previously lost’ airline / destination also in the picture.
Cannot disclose more for the time being, but from a high level and very reliable source. Guess we need to have a bit of patience.
Yes, thank you.

Just guesses for long haul :
AA to/from PHL.
SA to/from JNB (but unlikely because of financial situation ?).
Cheers