Brussels Airlines in 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Conti764

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by Conti764 »

Bamako and Libreville are both monopoly flights for AF. Surely there can be money made for SN.

There are plenty of destinations, even outside Africa, where AF or KL have a monopoly. With BRU being right in the middle of CDG and AMS it might present opportunities for SN imho.

LH uses SN to fence off its backyard and not give up BRU to competitors, but they could/should use BRU to at least disrupt their main competitor in any way possible.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Air France’s “monoply” for Bamako is one 787 on a triangle flight: Paris-Bamako-Abidjan-Bamako-Paris (AF520/AF521).

What’s in there for Brussels Airlines, if they would fly to Bamako too and if Air France is unwilling to cancelling some of their flights: 75 pax per flight? 100 perhaps?

But please, keep up the good work, guys. And maybe some day you will invent the wheel indeed. But with your great Bamako discovery here, I don’t think you have. Apart from the fact that “Bamako” is discussed regularly within Brussels Airlines, ànd with relevant data like arr and dep statistics.

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Been working on a project for BKO recently.
Till August there were also 7 weekly flights to ORY in addition to the AF dailies to CDG. 4 Aigle Azur and 3 Corsair.
ET flies a weekly T7 cargo from BRU and CV has an irregular 74 from LUX.

H.A.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Passenger wrote: 06 Oct 2019, 10:21 Air France’s “monoply” for Bamako is one 787 on a triangle flight: Paris-Bamako-Abidjan-Bamako-Paris (AF520/AF521).

What’s in there for Brussels Airlines, if they would fly to Bamako too and if Air France is unwilling to cancelling some of their flights: 75 pax per flight? 100 perhaps?

But please, keep up the good work, guys. And maybe some day you will invent the wheel indeed. But with your great Bamako discovery here, I don’t think you have. Apart from the fact that “Bamako” is discussed regularly within Brussels Airlines, ànd with relevant data like arr and dep statistics.
For the umpteenth time, passenger, this is a forum for aviation enthousiasts, not only professionals. People on this forum have the right to think about aviation, write down their idea's and read opinions of other aviation enthousiasts. If you are looking for a professional platform, I am sure you can find it somewhere else. No need for (your typical) arrogance.

Back on topic... "if Air France is willing to cancelling some of their flights?" Is that even relevant? Did KL ask SN to cut back frequency to KGL when they started the flight?

And AF flies it daily on a mix of planes, depending on period: B789, A359, B772, A332... And they are the sole airline between BKO and Europe, thus having a factual monopoly on said route.

And indeed, SN has the figures and facts about the viability of this flight, but again this forum is for enthousiasts, not professionals.
Last edited by Conti764 on 06 Oct 2019, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Conti764 wrote: 06 Oct 2019, 11:09
Passenger wrote: 06 Oct 2019, 10:21 Air France’s “monoply” for Bamako is one 787 on a triangle flight: Paris-Bamako-Abidjan-Bamako-Paris (AF520/AF521).

But please, keep up the good work, guys. And maybe someday you will invent the wheel indeed. But with your great Bamako discovery here, I don’t think you have. Apart from the fact that “Bamako” is discussed regularly within Brussels Airlines, ànd with relevant data like arr and dep statistics.
For the umpteenth time, passenger, this is a forum for aviation enthusiasts, not professionals. People on this forum have the right to think about aviation, write down their idea's and read opinions of other aviation enthusiasts. If you are looking for a professional platform, I am sure you can find it somewhere else. No need for (your typical) arrogance.

Back on topic... "if Air France is willing to cancelling some of their flights?" Is that even relevant? Did KL ask SN to cut back frequency to KGL when they started the flight?

And AF flies it daily on a mix of planes, depending on period: B789, A359, B772, A332... And they are the sole airline between BKO and Europe, thus having a factual monopoly on said route.

And indeed, SN has the figures and facts about the viability of this flight, but again this forum is for enthusiasts, not professionals.
Thank you... indeed I am very far for being a professional but I am « only » an aviation enthusiast... and a die-hard brussels airlines fan ;-)

rwandan-flyer

Post by rwandan-flyer »

Been working on a project for BKO recently.
Till August there were also 7 weekly flights to ORY in addition to the AF dailies to CDG. 4 Aigle Azur and 3 Corsair.
Turkish Airlines, Air Algérie, Kenya Airways, Tunisair and Royal Air Maroc also serve Bamako. Emirates was supposed to serve Bamako, from 28 october 2015. TAP Air Portugal served Bamako, early 2010s
Rwanda Aviation News (Drones, Air Force, Civil Aviation, Space, Air Balloon): https://www.facebook.com/RwandAn-Flyer-153177931456873

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

this is a forum for aviation enthousiasts, not professionals
I would be most sorry to miss the professionals in this forum - it is them and only them that bring factual inside information.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

jan_olieslagers wrote: 06 Oct 2019, 17:45
this is a forum for aviation enthusiasts, not professionals
I would be most sorry to miss the professionals in this forum - it is them and only them that bring factual inside information.
Indeed, everybody is welcome on this forum. Professional opinions are enlightening, like in the "skeyes" topic where ATCOs bring very informative stuff unavailable elsewhere.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

jan_olieslagers wrote: 06 Oct 2019, 17:45
this is a forum for aviation enthousiasts, not professionals
Fair enough, but all I meant to say that it isn't and shouldn't be reduced to only professionals either.

Aviation enthousiasts have all the right to discuss, talk and even brainstorm about todays aviation and the future without being ridiculed by some (mostly one) members who are nothing but a member like everyone.

After edit: I added 'only' before professionals in my original post.

jan_olieslagers

the right to discuss, talk and even brainstorm
Bwah, how many times have we had this? If the forum management wishes to tolerate idle talk and personal opinions, so be it.

Myself participate in forums to read and share factual information. Of which there is a good deal available here, and thanks to those who contribute it. Indeed I have much more respect and gratitude for those who bring facts. As I said before: opinions are cheap and plenty - but yes, everybody is entitled to opinions, yes.

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

Homo Aeroportus wrote: 06 Oct 2019, 11:05 Been working on a project for BKO recently.

H.A.
ET towards BKO? They have a positioning flight BKO-BRU as far as I know. Current destinations out of BRU are ICN, HKG, DWC and JNB.

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

flightlover wrote: 06 Oct 2019, 19:58
Homo Aeroportus wrote: 06 Oct 2019, 11:05 Been working on a project for BKO recently.

H.A.
ET towards BKO? They have a positioning flight BKO-BRU as far as I know. Current destinations out of BRU are ICN, HKG, DWC and JNB.
You're right, my bad. They fly ADD-LOS-BKO-BRU. Then usually DXB it seems.
I was focusing on PAX flights in my study, just noticed this cargo with a quick night turnaround.
Not sure what they bring back to Europe though. May be related to the MIL activity in Northern Mali.

H.A.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

jan_olieslagers wrote: 06 Oct 2019, 18:06
the right to discuss, talk and even brainstorm
Bwah, how many times have we had this? If the forum management wishes to tolerate idle talk and personal opinions, so be it.

Myself participate in forums to read and share factual information. Of which there is a good deal available here, and thanks to those who contribute it. Indeed I have much more respect and gratitude for those who bring facts. As I said before: opinions are cheap and plenty - but yes, everybody is entitled to opinions, yes.
You should respect everybody and appreciate the input of professionals and insiders more.

I appreciate the input of people like Atlantis, RoMax, 737MAX, Tolipanebas in the past and many others who imho have an added value to this forum but I respect the arguments, thoughts, ideas or suggestions of nearly everybody on this board as well.

rwandan-flyer

Post by rwandan-flyer »

Brussels Airlines: the divorce with Eurowings is not yet registered

Three months after announcing its separation from Lufthansa's low cost subsidiary, the Belgian airline is still part of the Eurowings group, pending a strategic plan.

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... ncore-acte
Rwanda Aviation News (Drones, Air Force, Civil Aviation, Space, Air Balloon): https://www.facebook.com/RwandAn-Flyer-153177931456873

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

rwandan-flyer wrote: 07 Oct 2019, 20:29 Brussels Airlines: the divorce with Eurowings is not yet registered

Three months after announcing its separation from Lufthansa's low-cost subsidiary, the Belgian airline is still part of the Eurowings group, pending a strategic plan.

The article is behind a paywall!But indeed there are many signs that Brussels Airlines is far from having regained its independence from Eurowings: no monthly statistics, no mention of the airline in the LH press releases, etc.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

sn26567 wrote: 07 Oct 2019, 21:41
rwandan-flyer wrote: 07 Oct 2019, 20:29 Brussels Airlines: the divorce with Eurowings is not yet registered

Three months after announcing its separation from Lufthansa's low-cost subsidiary, the Belgian airline is still part of the Eurowings group, pending a strategic plan.

The article is behind a paywall!But indeed there are many signs that Brussels Airlines is far from having regained its independence from Eurowings: no monthly statistics, no mention of the airline in the LH press releases, etc.
The thing I wonder about is whether LH has made it clear that SN would no longer be part of EW from the moment they anounced it or if they'd become independent from EW on a later time, maybe after the reboot plan is evaluated?

In other words, did LH announce a time schedule for the disintegration of SN from EW?

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

I think SN has to reboot before they become independent from EW. Makes sense to have an alternative plan before changing the current setup as an independent SN without reboot isn't viable.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Brussels Airlines flies daily to Kinshasa again and introduces Premium Economy on African flights.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/luft ... n-flights/

Africa World Airlines (Ghana) and Brussels Airlines signed an interline agreement.
André
ex Sabena #26567

BrightCedars

Post by BrightCedars »

Flew OO-SNN in Eurowings colors yesterday evening from CPH to BRU. Crew didn't mention anything and it must be a bit confusing to passengers not in the know to end up in this aircraft. Good flight, as usual with SN.

jan_olieslagers

it must be a bit confusing to passengers
Allow me to have my doubts: I'll bet you that only a few even saw. Like as not you were the only one.