Brussels Airlines in 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Atlantis

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by Atlantis »

Kenlybe wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 14:00
Kzaant wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 13:34 According to my sources, Air Canada will take over Toronto AND will stay flying to Montreal but with a lower frequency.
According to my GDS, YUL by AC will be daily still. AC833 departing 15:00, arriving 16:25. But possibly they are going to downgrade that frequency still. But the timing is totally new I think?
Not confirmed yet as everything in the system has to be changed but it would make sense. Otherwise you have SN and AC who are leaving around the same time. Now one of the two can perform an evening flight which is business related as they can carry business people after workday in Brussels

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Brussels Airlines has new safety cards, in LH style.
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Kapitein wrote: 03 Sep 2019, 21:47
Homo Aeroportus wrote: 03 Sep 2019, 12:52

Even OO-SFZ that played the Hangar Queen during the last 15 days is fit again.
She had a 1-hour dry run yesterday and today is heading for Douala.

H.A.
OOSFZ was indeed in the hangar for some time, but it wasn’t a technical issue.
It had some spilling of a fluid in the hold that had really annoying and irrating smell in the cabin
Thanks Kapitein.

That explains why they were always hopeful to bring her back to flight status "next day" only to cancel it again hours later.

But what can cause this odour?
Air distribution makes it flow from cabin to hold and, if the recirc fans are On, back to the cabin but through active carbon filters.
How could the odour then migrate from hold up to the cabin?

H.A.

Kzaant

Post by Kzaant »

Atlantis wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 14:11 Those were one of the new announcements which we hoped for that they would do before the Winter schedule. See topic BRU: Star, Oneworld and Skyteam under one roof where I noted a few weeks ago that some new routes would be announced.

So this is the first one, or two if you see them separately.

Now waiting for the other ones to do the same before Winter
From what I heard, this ‘new’ Montreal route will be the only new route we can expect from SN in a loooong time. There are no other new destinations on the table for SN currently.

Kenlybe

Post by Kenlybe »

Atlantis wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 14:14
Kenlybe wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 14:00
Kzaant wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 13:34 According to my sources, Air Canada will take over Toronto AND will stay flying to Montreal but with a lower frequency.
According to my GDS, YUL by AC will be daily still. AC833 departing 15:00, arriving 16:25. But possibly they are going to downgrade that frequency still. But the timing is totally new I think?
Not confirmed yet as everything in the system has to be changed but it would make sense. Otherwise you have SN and AC who are leaving around the same time. Now one of the two can perform an evening flight which is business related as they can carry business people after workday in Brussels
Indeed, but all other changes that happened to day are updated. SN flights to YYZ are removed, AC flights to YYZ are bookable. SN flights to YUL are loaded, but not bookable yet. So let's hope. I think the daily AC to YUL is there to stay :)

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Kzaant wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 14:19
Atlantis wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 14:11 Those were one of the new announcements which we hoped for that they would do before the Winter schedule. See topic BRU: Star, Oneworld and Skyteam under one roof where I noted a few weeks ago that some new routes would be announced.

So this is the first one, or two if you see them separately.

Now waiting for the other ones to do the same before Winter
From what I heard, this ‘new’ Montreal route will be the only new route we can expect from SN in a loooong time. There are no other new destinations on the table for SN currently.
About SN indeed. But I speak about the announcements of the other new routes, long haul, by other carriers. SN and AC are the first ones. And this we could not announce earlier, only via a hint, as protocol says that airlines has the first hand to announce new routes.

But for the other carriers is better in the other topic

BrightCedars

Post by BrightCedars »

Smart move to put each airline (AC & SN) in it's more natural market. Wonder how much capacity and mix of carriers (AC, SN, TS) there will eventually be.

Seeing the move by SN to make IAD year-round and what I could read on this forum I would expect UA to perhaps swap IAD with IAH or run both in the near future.

BrightCedars

Post by BrightCedars »

Ansett wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 15:42 As to SN keeping IAD all year round if I understood correctly... well, weren't many of us hoping for an evening flight to NYC (instead of SN to IAD and ??? UA to IAH ?).
Seeing SN's network (African wave is in the morning) and the fact that it is pointless for them to enter the cut-throat low revenue battle of Europe-NYC connecting flights, I can't see a case for this evening departure.

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Meanwhile ....

Today 04SEP : SN515 to IAD cancelled. (According to Flightstats.com, attempt to switch SFT for SFW yesterday afternoon, only to cancel the flight 5 minutes later).

Indeed OO-SFW hasn't been in service since she came back last Saturday early morning with the following results :
31AUG : SN501 to JFK cancelled.
01SEP : SN515 to IAD cancelled.
04SEP : SN515 to IAD cancelled.

Today OO-SFT is standing guard in front of hangar 41.

H.A.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

BrightCedars wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 15:09 Smart move to put each airline (AC & SN) in it's more natural market. Wonder how much capacity and mix of carriers (AC, SN, TS) there will eventually be.

Seeing the move by SN to make IAD year-round and what I could read on this forum I would expect UA to perhaps swap IAD with IAH or run both in the near future.
UA will never leave the IAD route to BRU. This is one of their most profitable routes bcs of NATO.

BrightCedars

Post by BrightCedars »

Atlantis wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 19:02 UA will never leave the IAD route to BRU. This is one of their most profitable routes bcs of NATO.
I work in these diplomatic/military realms, you'd be surprised how little actually take the direct flights. Everyone has an allegiance to their country's airline or another. Sure there is some trafic based on NATO and BRU/WAS being important seats of power and news, but not as much as you might expect.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

BrightCedars wrote: 05 Sep 2019, 09:57
Atlantis wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 19:02 UA will never leave the IAD route to BRU. This is one of their most profitable routes bcs of NATO.
I work in these diplomatic/military realms, you'd be surprised how little actually take the direct flights. Everyone has an allegiance to their country's airline or another. Sure there is some trafic based on NATO and BRU/WAS being important seats of power and news, but not as much as you might expect.
Not that I don't believe you, but strange nonetheless... I'd go for the fastest, easiest route between two airports, unless it's for alliance reasons. But I can imagine, due to their role in NATO, the US alone provides enough traffic...

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

BrightCedars wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 11:39
Jetter wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 05:50
Kapitein wrote: 03 Sep 2019, 21:47It had some spilling of a fluid in the hold that had really annoying and irrating smell in the cabin
An airline with it's core business flying to Africa should plan to have some Febreze on hand. :lol:
Seems to me like the sound of monkey shouts in a stadium... :evil:
:roll: It’s not an insult or bias, just a factual observation I’m sure many can confirm. Thus no, not like monkey shouts at all.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Jetter wrote: 05 Sep 2019, 15:09
BrightCedars wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 11:39
Jetter wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 05:50
An airline with it's core business flying to Africa should plan to have some Febreze on hand. :lol:
Seems to me like the sound of monkey shouts in a stadium... :evil:
:roll: It’s not an insult or bias, just a factual observation I’m sure many can confirm. Thus no, not like monkey shouts at all.
What can you confirm exactly????
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Are we just talking about some 'bad odour', or are we talking about some highly toxic chemical vapours?
I doubt they didn't think about using some perfume in case of the first, so it's probably closer to the later, requiring quite some detailed cleaning and a thorough maintenance check thereafter, explaining the length of the grounding.
Anybody who can confirm?

HQ_BRU_Lover

Post by HQ_BRU_Lover »

Exactly Ansett. Potential high yield and there's demand for sure. But if SN f.e. would be able to do, why didn't they do it yet?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

HQ_BRU_Lover wrote: 07 Sep 2019, 08:48 Exactly Ansett. Potential high yield and there's demand for sure. But if SN f.e. would be able to do, why didn't they do it yet?
Bcs you need a plane for that and they don't have spare planes for long haul. Everything is flying for almost 100%.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Yesterday, OO-SNA (Red Devils) operated Brussels - Rimini, Italy to pick up the Belgian squad. Not via Brussels, but straight to Glasgow, Scotland to prepare for their next game on Monday.

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

^^ On a Sabena flight 8-)

If only....

Still think renaming Brussels Airlines back to Sabena would be great (on so many levels)!

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

Surely yes