OT: Baggage repair shop needed

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
nldogbert

OT: Baggage repair shop needed

Post by nldogbert »

Hi!

My luggage was recently damaged when I returned from a trip. It was the airlines fault, thus I am eligible to claim back the damage repair from them. However, I am having lots of problem trying to find a place where they repair luggages. It is not a Samsonite or any well known brand here in Europe as I got the bag from Asia. I have tried looking it up in the yellow pages and searched on the internet to no avail :(

It would be great if anyone could advise me on where to get at least a quotation or place to get it done within the Belgium and Netherlands.

Thanks in advance!

:)
Last edited by nldogbert on 03 May 2006, 14:39, edited 1 time in total.

744rules

Post by 744rules »

I hope you went the lost and bagage office upon arrival. There, they will fill out a PIR (Passenger Irregularity Form) either for a lost bag or a damaged bag.

In BRU, there used to be (it's been a long time sine I was there) a shoe-repair shop in the public shopping area. I remember this guy had contracts with some airlines for bag repair.

I suggest you contact the airline you traveled with into BRU. If no representation, you contact the handling agent. More detailed info can be found on the BIAC website.

Good luck
motorcycling : sensation with a twist of the wrist

Airbus330lover

Re: OT: Baggage repair shop needed

Post by Airbus330lover »

The former luggage repair service of Brussels airport is now moved.
You can find it in Zaventem dorp
phone : 02/7211360
Address:
Globe Trotter
Lindenstraat 1 1930 Zaventem.
The price for the location in the airport was too expensive.

Repair for Delsey, Samsonite .....

regi

Post by regi »

did you fly Alitalia?

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

regi wrote:did you fly Alitalia?
Why this question ?

nldogbert

Post by nldogbert »

Thanks for the information. It was really great, called the shop and they said they do repair bags. Would drop by the shop most probably next week to see what they can do to it..hopefully will be able to get it back soon.

Haha.. guess I must have done too much trip reports on Alitalia :P No, it was not on Alitalia but on Delta.

Thanks again for the help fellow Luchtzakkers :)

8)

vondes

Post by vondes »

Guys, can you advise a suitcase for children tested by trips. Because we wanted to buy Trunki, they’re funny but we read the reviews, and people say that they are enough for only one trip. The wheels and handles break quickly etc., etc. So, of course, they are too expensive for just one trip. I need a cool suitcase. But also to really carry out the suitcase function too)) do you know any of these?

Stij

Post by Stij »

Out of experience...
The Trunki's are just fine as hand luggage and the two we own survived already many trips by plane and car.
However, if you want better... https://www.samsonite.be/nl/dream-rider ... -7258.html

Cheers,

Stij

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Post by Ozzie1969 »

I'm still waiting for my damaged Luggage to be repaired or reimbursed from 2 years ago… On a lighter note, on my recent trip to Edinburgh, Zaventem Airport managed to give me back my Luggage undamaged. There is light at the end of the tunnel ! :)