Air Antwerp in 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
Stij
Posts: 2194
Joined: 07 Mar 2005, 00:00
Location: Belgium

Re: Air Antwerp, a new airline from Antwerp Deurne airport

Post by Stij » 09 Aug 2019, 10:55

PttU wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 10:51
What are the benefits of the codeshare besides selling tickets on the klm.com-website and earning skyteam-points?
That everybody in the City knows KLM...

Kind regards,

Stij

Stij
Posts: 2194
Joined: 07 Mar 2005, 00:00
Location: Belgium

Re: Air Antwerp, a new airline from Antwerp Deurne airport

Post by Stij » 09 Aug 2019, 10:57

Dream modus on...
If they're successful, why not start a feeder flight to CDG?

Cheers,

Stij

jan_olieslagers
Posts: 2979
Joined: 24 Jun 2006, 08:34
Location: Vl.Brabant
Contact:

Re: Air Antwerp, a new airline from Antwerp Deurne airport

Post by jan_olieslagers » 09 Aug 2019, 11:05

Because for travelling to CDG - either from Brussels or from Antwerp - the Thalys/TGV is already offering good service?

Generally, I think feeder flights cannot be a prime business case; point to point traffic should be the aim.

PttU
Posts: 303
Joined: 24 Nov 2015, 15:07

Re: Air Antwerp, a new airline from Antwerp Deurne airport

Post by PttU » 09 Aug 2019, 11:28

KLM already offers Thalys-tickets from Antwerp (ZWE) to AMS. As it's more KLM supporting this than AirFrance, I don't think ANR-CDG will be a thing very soon (and ANR-AMS neither).

Stij
Posts: 2194
Joined: 07 Mar 2005, 00:00
Location: Belgium

Re: Air Antwerp, a new airline from Antwerp Deurne airport

Post by Stij » 09 Aug 2019, 12:01

jan_olieslagers wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 11:05
Because for travelling to CDG - either from Brussels or from Antwerp - the Thalys/TGV is already offering good service?

Generally, I think feeder flights cannot be a prime business case; point to point traffic should be the aim.
Because as far as I know the Thalys goes to Paris-Nord and not to CDG. Only the TGV's stop in CDG and they leaves from Brussels-South, not from Antwerp.

Stij
Posts: 2194
Joined: 07 Mar 2005, 00:00
Location: Belgium

Re: Air Antwerp, a new airline from Antwerp Deurne airport

Post by Stij » 09 Aug 2019, 12:01

PttU wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 11:28
KLM already offers Thalys-tickets from Antwerp (ZWE) to AMS. As it's more KLM supporting this than AirFrance, I don't think ANR-CDG will be a thing very soon (and ANR-AMS neither).
I thought they were one company..

User avatar
CTBke
Posts: 1072
Joined: 13 May 2003, 00:00

Re: Air Antwerp, a new airline from Antwerp Deurne airport

Post by CTBke » 09 Aug 2019, 12:05

Stij wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 12:01
jan_olieslagers wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 11:05
Because for travelling to CDG - either from Brussels or from Antwerp - the Thalys/TGV is already offering good service?

Generally, I think feeder flights cannot be a prime business case; point to point traffic should be the aim.
Because as far as I know the Thalys goes to Paris-Nord and not to CDG. Only the TGV's stop in CDG and they leaves from Brussels-South, not from Antwerp.
Thalys stops at CDG too, twice a day , it's the one going to Disneyland which makes a stop at CDG
Citybird
The flying dream

PttU
Posts: 303
Joined: 24 Nov 2015, 15:07

Re: Air Antwerp, a new airline from Antwerp Deurne airport

Post by PttU » 09 Aug 2019, 12:08

Stij wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 12:01
PttU wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 11:28
KLM already offers Thalys-tickets from Antwerp (ZWE) to AMS. As it's more KLM supporting this than AirFrance, I don't think ANR-CDG will be a thing very soon (and ANR-AMS neither).
I thought they were one company..
Air France KLM is the holding group, with Air France and KLM as subsidiaries. Beneath KLM there are KLM Cityhopper, Transavia,... and it's that KLM-part that has 25% of the stakes in Air Antwerp.

TLspotting
Posts: 1277
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Air Antwerp, a new airline from Antwerp Deurne airport

Post by TLspotting » 09 Aug 2019, 23:16

Air Antwerp opened bookings via KLM.

€70 one-way, €108 return flight.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

User avatar
skumfiduse
Posts: 219
Joined: 10 Aug 2008, 18:42
Contact:

Re: Air Antwerp, a new airline from Antwerp Deurne airport

Post by skumfiduse » 09 Aug 2019, 23:48

TLspotting wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 23:16
Air Antwerp opened bookings via KLM.

€70 one-way, €108 return flight.
Very attractive fares and time schedule. It's even 109 euros for a same day return!

I hope the Fokker 50 is just an interim-solution to facilitate a quick start-up process and lower the start-up costs. Let's hope for an ATR instead soon.


User avatar
cathay belgium
Posts: 2177
Joined: 18 Aug 2008, 00:17
Location: Lommel-Belgium
Contact:

Re: Air Antwerp, a new airline from Antwerp Deurne airport

Post by cathay belgium » 10 Aug 2019, 08:42

Hi,

I know they already have 1 confirmed booking !

All the luck to the new airline hope soon an ex-Klm E175 :)

CXB
New types flown : A223,AN24,AW139,B737MAX8,B763nonER,DH Dragonrapide,EMB110 Bandeirante, Shorts360,Autogire MTOsport2010

User avatar
CTBke
Posts: 1072
Joined: 13 May 2003, 00:00

Re: Air Antwerp, a new airline from Antwerp Deurne airport

Post by CTBke » 10 Aug 2019, 18:27

cathay belgium wrote:
10 Aug 2019, 08:42
Hi,

I know they already have 1 confirmed booking !

All the luck to the new airline hope soon an ex-Klm E175 :)

CXB
+1 Lex :-)
Citybird
The flying dream

User avatar
cathay belgium
Posts: 2177
Joined: 18 Aug 2008, 00:17
Location: Lommel-Belgium
Contact:

Re: Air Antwerp, a new airline from Antwerp Deurne airport

Post by cathay belgium » 10 Aug 2019, 19:05

Hip hoi ! Ken er al zes !
New types flown : A223,AN24,AW139,B737MAX8,B763nonER,DH Dragonrapide,EMB110 Bandeirante, Shorts360,Autogire MTOsport2010

User avatar
Airbus330lover
Posts: 752
Joined: 21 Jul 2005, 00:00
Location: Rixensart

Re: Air Antwerp, a new airline from Antwerp Deurne airport

Post by Airbus330lover » 11 Aug 2019, 11:12

cathay belgium wrote:
10 Aug 2019, 19:05
Hip hoi ! Ken er al zes !
Avgeek vlucht...... :D

Desert Rat
Posts: 1118
Joined: 08 May 2007, 09:38

Re: Air Antwerp, a new airline from Antwerp Deurne airport

Post by Desert Rat » 11 Aug 2019, 15:03

Aircraft is very old, do they still find spare parts to fix it up?
Antwerp being close to salty environment, with the sea and all, the aircraft should be quite exposed to heavy corrosion, is it safe to fly with such an old rusty aircraft?
Aren't people aware that the"thing" is more than 30 years old?

User avatar
Airbus330lover
Posts: 752
Joined: 21 Jul 2005, 00:00
Location: Rixensart

Re: Air Antwerp, a new airline from Antwerp Deurne airport

Post by Airbus330lover » 11 Aug 2019, 15:14

and ? Many aircrafts are old, but checked
Last edited by Airbus330lover on 11 Aug 2019, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cathay belgium
Posts: 2177
Joined: 18 Aug 2008, 00:17
Location: Lommel-Belgium
Contact:

Re: Air Antwerp, a new airline from Antwerp Deurne airport

Post by cathay belgium » 11 Aug 2019, 15:19

Hi,

I flew LH airbus with the same age !
Nobody thought of age... But now it's a prop fokker so...

CXB
New types flown : A223,AN24,AW139,B737MAX8,B763nonER,DH Dragonrapide,EMB110 Bandeirante, Shorts360,Autogire MTOsport2010

jan_olieslagers
Posts: 2979
Joined: 24 Jun 2006, 08:34
Location: Vl.Brabant
Contact:

Re: Air Antwerp, a new airline from Antwerp Deurne airport

Post by jan_olieslagers » 11 Aug 2019, 15:20

Don't pay attention. Obviously having "those couple of days per month" ;) Least said, soonest mended.

Desert Rat
Posts: 1118
Joined: 08 May 2007, 09:38

Re: Air Antwerp, a new airline from Antwerp Deurne airport

Post by Desert Rat » 11 Aug 2019, 15:37

cathay belgium wrote:
11 Aug 2019, 15:19
Hi,

I flew LH airbus with the same age !
Nobody thought of age... But now it's a prop fokker so...

CXB
Difference is that supply chain for spare of an old 320 still exists, i don't know about an old fokker, particularly when it comes to aging electrical wiring, primary structure fatigue , cracks induced by the old turbo prop engine vibration, no real feedback from landing gear workshop since there's so few of them flying today.
I honestly wouldn't dare to fly such an old piece of aluminum, I guess they should promote the flight as vintage flying with an old dakota.
I'm not going on the fuel performance of this very old aircraft, with today focus on fuel savings, ecology, global warming and all, that would be the last nail on the coffin.
You want the north sea to rise? ....fly the F50!

Post Reply