Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

TLspotting

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by TLspotting »

brusselsairlinesfan wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 01:26
TLspotting wrote: 31 May 2019, 16:54 https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/firs ... -brussels/
61729506_2130001623967051_7004108481632403456_o.jpg

© Robin Rouffe
Is OO-SNN going to the paintshop soon?
I have no clue about.
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

brabel

Post by brabel »

I think livery is more fancy than the one they had.
I must say I never really liked the B-dotted logo.
That one can still change in my opinion hehe.
But let's focus on the important things first, being profitable

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

brusselsairlinesfan wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 01:32
HolyNoobCake wrote: 13 Jul 2019, 09:08 Image

Saw this picture on Jetphotos.net.
Airbus A330-343 9V-STO to become OO-SFF with an all white livery on the fuselage.
Not that bad... even if we can call it plain eurowhite livery indeed... Quite surprising though that no insiders did mention any livery change.
Would be nice if they could maintain the previous tail scheme (just like LH) and indeed enlarge the brussels airlines title (just like OS). For my part, no particular regret regarding the bottom blue (a bit outdated...).
simply because the CEO said there would be no rebranding, or repainting as the airline needs to be profitable first before any changes will be applied
Citybird
The flying dream

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

TLspotting wrote: 31 May 2019, 16:54 https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/firs ... -brussels/

© Robin Rouffe
Is OO-SNN going to the painshop soon?
as the CEO said there won't be any repainting scheduled soon, same goes for OO-SFB. First profitable figures than a repainting
Citybird
The flying dream

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Maybe same reason for Ryanair with Malta Air, summer season peak. You can't ground an aircraft between 6 and 10 days... A reg replacement is feasible in only one night, this is what they do.

convair

Post by convair »

OO-SFG is now in AMM (for C-check/refurbishment?).

Airbus2016

Post by Airbus2016 »

OO-SFG is next in line for new cabin

A321Lufthansa

Post by A321Lufthansa »

CTBke wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 10:32

© Robin Rouffe
Is OO-SNN going to the painshop soon?
as the CEO said there won't be any repainting scheduled soon, same goes for OO-SFB. First profitable figures than a repainting
OO-SNN is so freshly-painted that it is easier to exchange it by another aircraft to EW by taking one of the freshest D-AKN*s for example.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

A new “euro-white” livery for Brussels Airlines :
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/a-ne ... -airlines/

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

I did some photoshop (I'm not an expert) and these are the changes I would like to see (or think that will happen):

- bigger titles
- no b-logo on the fuselage
- all white fuselage (LH Group standard)
- smaller b-logo on the tail (much more classy than the big, bulky one we have today)
- no gradient colors on the b-logo dots, but full red (flat design)
- extended blue tail on the fuselage

What do you think?

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Personally, I find that it is more "class" than the current, more stylized ... nice for me.

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

737MAX wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 15:52 Is this actually even confirmed to be the new livery, or is the title of the article on the main page only based on a picture of a plane that simply looks "unfinished"?
exactly, where is the confirmation about it ? it's just an A330 coming from SQ with an unfinished paintjob and temporary livery which probably get the full livery once it's going to Amman for the new cabin fit
Citybird
The flying dream

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

What is also strange is that white livery ok but why can Lufthansa and Austrian continue from tail to fuselage but Brussels Airlines only tail and white fuselage in the back?
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

People, that picture is obviously just an unfinished (temporary) paintjob... Just forget it.

In the meantime... I couldn't resist making this 787 :mrgreen:

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

lumumba wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 16:26 What is also strange is that white livery ok but why can Lufthansa and Austrian continue from tail to fuselage but Brussels Airlines only tail and white fuselage in the back?
it's only a temporary paintjob... no final livery
Citybird
The flying dream

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

CTBke wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 16:57
lumumba wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 16:26 What is also strange is that white livery ok but why can Lufthansa and Austrian continue from tail to fuselage but Brussels Airlines only tail and white fuselage in the back?
it's only a temporary paintjob... no final livery
Temporary paint job, really ? So no livery change in sight ?

Stij

Post by Stij »

Boavida wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 14:56 I did some photoshop (I'm not an expert) and these are the changes I would like to see (or think that will happen):

- bigger titles
- no b-logo on the fuselage
- all white fuselage (LH Group standard)
- smaller b-logo on the tail (much more classy than the big, bulky one we have today)
- no gradient colors on the b-logo dots, but full red (flat design)
- extended blue tail on the fuselage

What do you think?
I like it!!!

Stij...

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

I think people are reading far too much into this.

A livery is part of a broader corporate image and underpins the corporate strategy and values: a change to it is to be accompanied by clear communication and maximum attention needs to be drawn on it, none of which is happening here, so this leads me to conclude it is not something ment to be perceived as new, let alone a final result.

It would also be a strange moment to change full livery and thus commit to something all new just prior to launching a strategic reorientation in the wake of their surprise break-up with EW, let alone to do it without any communication whatsoever on a change to their identity.

What we see here is just a simplification, so it could just be a quick win as they ditch a colour (the blue/gray belley) and probably also the complexity of extending the blue down the tail, thus cutting the cost of the paint job.

All in all, I think that at best, they might currently be thinking of changing their looks and so they might have decided to keep the paint on this new plane as basic as possible while they wait for the final decision on their future livery; if not, then it's probably just an unfinished paintjob that got photographed as the plane was test flown during it's technical preparation.

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

Inquirer wrote: 16 Jul 2019, 09:49 I think people are reading far too much into this.

A livery is part of a broader corporate image and underpins the corporate strategy and values: a change to it is to be accompanied by clear communication and maximum attention needs to be drawn on it, none of which is happening here, so this leads me to conclude it is not something ment to be perceived as new, let alone a final result.

It would also be a strange moment to change full livery and thus commit to something all new just prior to launching a strategic reorientation in the wake of their surprise break-up with EW, let alone to do it without any communication whatsoever on a change to their identity.

What we see here is just a simplification, so it could just be a quick win as they ditch a colour (the blue/gray belley) and probably also the complexity of extending the blue down the tail, thus cutting the cost of the paint job.

All in all, I think that at best, they might currently be thinking of changing their looks and so they might have decided to keep the paint on this new plane as basic as possible while they wait for the final decision on their future livery; if not, then it's probably just an unfinished paintjob that got photographed as the plane was test flown during it's technical preparation.
exactly ... the airline is well known for it's red dots and light blue belly .. if they would adapt the color they might ditch the light blue .. but at this time there's no livery change in the pipelines as that's a huge cost and simply not important at this time. On the other hand this might be a test/interim color to see what the general reactions are. If you see closely it's pretty complete apart from the dark and light blue on the fuselage (even the wingtips have the dotted B on them already)
Citybird
The flying dream

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

737MAX wrote: 16 Jul 2019, 11:08 Time to adapt/remove this fake news from Av24?
yes please ..
Citybird
The flying dream