Brussels Airlines in 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

ZavCity

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by ZavCity »

Hi
Saw 320 OO-TCV in CFU,at my landing, derelict as it seems, still there.
gtz
paul

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Brussels Airlines and TAP Air Portugal in July 2019 expand codeshare routes, covering Brussels – Edinburgh and Brussels – Porto.

Source: Airline Route
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

ZavCity wrote: 08 Jul 2019, 04:45 Hi
Saw 320 OO-TCV in CFU,at my landing, derelict as it seems, still there.
gtz
paul
Indeed: return flight SN3260 CFU-BRU was cancelled.
André
ex Sabena #26567

lumumba

Re: Crashes and serious incidents/accidents in 2019

Post by lumumba »

Barrygralt wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 01:02 Did SN cancel its Yerevan route?
I tried to look for April and it says there are no flights...
I think it's the wrong topic!!!!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

lumumba wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 02:24
I think it's the wrong topic!!!!
Moved to the right topic.
André
ex Sabena #26567

ezis_bis

Post by ezis_bis »

I seem to be able to book it
As from 22/02/2020 weekly to EVN on Saturday, back on Sunday
Later it (April) I find 2 weekly flights (Saturday and Tuesday to EVN, back Wednesday and Sunday)
Attachments
evn.PNG

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

ezis_bis wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 10:20
I seem to be able to book it
As from 22/02/2020 weekly to EVN on Saturday, back on Sunday
Later it (April) I find 2 weekly flights (Saturday and Tuesday to EVN, back Wednesday and Sunday)
Could be it's not finalized yet for the summer timetable as it begins around that date
Citybird
The flying dream

Holla

Post by Holla »

Hello everyone,,
I totally agree with the posts above and André's article re SN and EW.
I just want to add that the Star Alliance partners won't be too happy about the changes either imho: will the UA Chicago flight codeshare with SN or EW or both? SN for the pax from Dakar and EW for the pax from Milan?
Why not after all? But it will add to pax confusion. :?
And on the SN Toronto flight, codeshare with EW for the Hanover pax or will the EW feed flight codeshare with SN? :? Will SN be allowed to sell the whole route ticket? :?
The old say: why make it simple when it can be complicated? ;)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Holla wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 14:38 Hello everyone,,
I totally agree with the posts above and André's article re SN and EW.
I just want to add that the Star Alliance partners won't be too happy about the changes either imho: will the UA Chicago flight codeshare with SN or EW or both? SN for the pax from Dakar and EW for the pax from Milan?
Why not after all? But it will add to pax confusion. :?
And on the SN Toronto flight, codeshare with EW for the Hanover pax or will the EW feed flight codeshare with SN? :? Will SN be allowed to sell the whole route ticket? :?
The old say: why make it simple when it can be complicated? ;)
SN is expected to present a business plan by the end of August. We'll see how they will arrange the feeding flights, but I expect them to be completely independent of EW, and in phase with the Star Alliance partners.

The UA Chicago flight will certainly not codeshare with EW, which gets out of long-haul.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Holla wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 14:38 And on the SN Toronto flight, codeshare with EW for the Hanover pax or will the EW feed flight codeshare with SN? Will SN be allowed to sell the whole route ticket?

The old say: why make it simple when it can be complicated?
From Hanover to Toronto via SN and BRU? Seriously? MUC and FRA are the obvious choices then: much more connecting flights and more intercontinental flights (= nice if there is a last minute delay or cancellation).

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

Passenger wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 15:22From Hanover to Toronto via SN and BRU? Seriously? MUC and FRA are the obvious choices then: much more connecting flights and more intercontinental flights (= nice if there is a last minute delay or cancellation).
You can only take one flight at a time thus even when other airlines offer more flights the most convenient timing might be with SN. Especially when LH-group provides the option of different transfer airports on return trips. And of course there are other deciding factors besides timing and frequency.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Passenger wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 15:22
Holla wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 14:38 And on the SN Toronto flight, codeshare with EW for the Hanover pax or will the EW feed flight codeshare with SN? Will SN be allowed to sell the whole route ticket?

The old say: why make it simple when it can be complicated?
From Hanover to Toronto via SN and BRU? Seriously? MUC and FRA are the obvious choices then: much more connecting flights and more intercontinental flights (= nice if there is a last minute delay or cancellation).
Also it depends on other factors seat availability etc...
Plus some people prefer to transit true a smaller airport than Frankfurt.
And if you fly to Munich it's longer anyway Brussels is a good option also to transit.

Anyway Brussels has a big potential knowing that there is still a lot of slots available compared to Amsterdam London or Paris.

This means they can use relatively small planes to develop there hub with a very good geographical position.
For example why is Brussels Airlines not flying to Brest with a 50 seater three times a day ?
It's impossible for KLM or British Airways or for Lufthansa from Frankfurt!

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

sn26567 wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 15:04
SN is expected to present a business plan by the end of August.
August already? :)

Let's hope it's an ambitious plan...! SN has so much (unused) potential.

rwandan-flyer

Post by rwandan-flyer »

For example why is Brussels Airlines not flying to Brest with a 50 seater three times a day ?
Brest not a smal market, but not a big market. The airport is linked to Paris Cdg, 3 times a day and since March 2019, there is 3 weekly service to Amsterdam opeated by Air France HOP. Currently, It's probably enough

Rennes or Montpellier (where i have lived from 1988 to 2002, my mom & my brother still leaving there), could a better choice.

Montpellier was several times linked to Brussels, in the past. By Air France from late 80s to eraly 90s, then by Air Littoral (airline based at Montpellier) in 90s. In late 2000s, Ryanair started service to CRL, but ended service, in 2019. Brussels Airlines opened a seasonal service to Montpellier, in 2014, in competition with FR but they didn't resume service. TUIfly BE planned also to start service to CRL, but flights to CRL are also operated from Béziers and Nimes, by Ryanair, which are less than 1hrs by drive, from Montpellier.

MPL is linked to CDG (4 flights a day wirh AF), AMS (from 1 to 2 flights a day with KLM) & Heathrow (during the summer, 4 weekly flights with British Airways). To reach many Africans destinations, MPL is also linked to Casablanca (3 times a week by Royal Air Maroc) and Algiers (2 times a week, with Air Algérie)

Rennes was linked to Brussels, for a short time, with Air France HOP, in 2018 & 2019, but the route was suspended. RNS is linked to Amsterdam (1 flight a day with AF HOP), Cdg (3 flights a day with AF HOP) and Madrid (2 weekly service with Iberia Express). RNS airport was very under used, during longtime. Since few years, the airport is growing fast.

RNS is the 10th biggest city in France, by population. Montpellier is the 7th

Probably, they is a gap to fill for SN from RNS or MPL ? However MPL & RNS are located near some bigs airports (Marseille for MPL (1h50 by drive), NTE for Rennes (1h30 by drive), which is sometimes hard for MPL & RNS to attract airlines.

SN A319 at Montpellier, in July 2014

Montpellier Airport Timetables Summer 1990. BRU is served by Air France. 5 weekly service, with a Fokker 28

Last edited by rwandan-flyer on 13 Jul 2019, 01:41, edited 8 times in total.
Rwanda Aviation News (Drones, Air Force, Civil Aviation, Space, Air Balloon): https://www.facebook.com/RwandAn-Flyer-153177931456873

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

Boavida wrote: 13 Jul 2019, 00:22
sn26567 wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 15:04
SN is expected to present a business plan by the end of August.
August already? :)

Let's hope it's an ambitious plan...! SN has so much (unused) potential.
Christina Foerster called it a “turn around plan”, that doesn’t sound very ambitious. It sounds more like save and cut to me, but then again, my analyses have been proven terribly wrong in the recent past.

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

"Turn around" means changing direction. From low cost EW strategy towards a network carrier. At least, that's what I understand :)

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

Boavida wrote: 13 Jul 2019, 10:56 "Turn around" means changing direction. From low cost EW strategy towards a network carrier. At least, that's what I understand :)
Turnaround stands indeed for backing out or retreating from the decision wrongly made earlier but also for transforming from a loss making company to a profit making company.
Seen the continuous losses in the past and the fact that Christina specifically mentioned: “we need to go to the gym”, I fear this plan will not be about growth but about cost saving to become profitable and only start growing in a second stage.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

rwandan-flyer wrote: 13 Jul 2019, 00:46
Brest not a smal market, but not a big market. The airport is linked to Paris Cdg, 3 times a day and since March 2019, there is 3 weekly service to Amsterdam opeated by Air France HOP. Currently, It's probably enough

Rennes or Montpellier (where i have lived from 1988 to 2002, my mom & my brother still leaving there), could a better choice.

Montpellier was several times linked to Brussels, in the past. By Air France from late 80s to eraly 90s, then by Air Littoral (airline based at Montpellier) in 90s. In late 2000s, Ryanair started service to CRL, but ended service, in 2019. Brussels Airlines opened a seasonal service to Montpellier, in 2014, in competition with FR but they didn't resume service. TUIfly BE planned also to start service to CRL, but flights to CRL are also operated from Béziers and Nimes, by Ryanair, which are less than 1hrs by drive, from Montpellier.

MPL is linked to CDG (4 flights a day wirh AF), AMS (from 1 to 2 flights a day with KLM) & Heathrow (during the summer, 4 weekly flights with British Airways). To reach many Africans destinations, MPL is also linked to Casablanca (3 times a week by Royal Air Maroc) and Algiers (2 times a week, with Air Algérie)

Rennes was linked to Brussels, for a short time, with Air France HOP, in 2018 & 2019, but the route was suspended. RNS is linked to Amsterdam (1 flight a day with AF HOP), Cdg (3 flights a day with AF HOP) and Madrid (2 weekly service with Iberia Express). RNS airport was very under used, during longtime. Since few years, the airport is growing fast.

RNS is the 10th biggest city in France, by population. Montpellier is the 7th

Probably, they is a gap to fill for SN from RNS or MPL ? However MPL & RNS are located near some bigs airports (Marseille for MPL (1h50 by drive), NTE for Rennes (1h30 by drive), which is sometimes hard for MPL & RNS to attract airlines.

SN A319 at Montpellier, in July 2014

Montpellier Airport Timetables Summer 1990. BRU is served by Air France. 5 weekly service, with a Fokker 28

Brest was just an example but I'm not sure it's a too small market.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

rwandan-flyer wrote: 13 Jul 2019, 00:46
Brest not a small market, but not a big market. The airport is linked to Paris Cdg, 3 times a day and since March 2019, there is 3 weekly service to Amsterdam operated by Air France HOP. Currently, It's probably enough

If SN had remained part of EW, it would not only have been the centre of competence for long-haul flights, but also the operator for Eurowings flights from France and The Netherlands (due to linguistic affinity). I guess we would have seen many more SN flights from France to several destinations around the Mediterranean.

But now SN is heading to a completely different future, I guess!
André
ex Sabena #26567

saratoga

Post by saratoga »

I foresee a lot more flights will be outsourced together with making crews redundant.

My opinion.