Brussels Airlines in 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

nordikcam

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by nordikcam »

Jetter wrote: 09 Jun 2019, 22:01
sn26567 wrote: 07 Jun 2019, 14:04[*]Brussels Airlines is expected to be still in red figures for the first 6 months of 2019
:cry: So no new planes then.
Maybe positive figures @ the end of december...

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Brussels Airlines’ lounge THE LOFT at Brussels Airport named “Europe’s Leading Airport Lounge 2019”

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/luft ... unge-2019/
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

Sai

Post by Sai »

"Extra economization on its way at Brussels Airlines"

according to this article on hln.be (in dutch);
For the moment employment would be guaranteed until 2021 if the CAO is respected...but savings need to be realised.

Sai

Post by Sai »

"Brussels Airlines trade union critical of Lufthansa plans"

More detailed elaborate article on tijd.be (in dutch).

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

brussels airlines schedules Tomorrowland A330 charter in mid-July 2019

brussels airlines next month once again schedules Tomorrowland charter flight, operating on Brussels – Frankfurt route. Like previous years, the Tomorrowland charter for Frankfurt will be operated by Airbus A330-300 aircraft, scheduled on 18JUL19 for 2019.

Code: Select all

SN1807 BRU0830 – 0945FRA 333 18JUL19
SN1808 FRA1205 – 1320BRU 333 18JUL19
Source: Routes Online
André
ex Sabena #26567

convair

Post by convair »

sn26567 wrote: 18 Jun 2019, 11:11 brussels airlines schedules Tomorrowland A330 charter in mid-July 2019
brussels airlines next month once again schedules Tomorrowland charter flight, operating on Brussels – Frankfurt route. Like previous years, the Tomorrowland charter for Frankfurt will be operated by Airbus A330-300 aircraft, scheduled on 18JUL19 for 2019.
Not one in EW livery I hope! ;)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

convair wrote: 18 Jun 2019, 13:01
sn26567 wrote: 18 Jun 2019, 11:11 brussels airlines schedules Tomorrowland A330 charter in mid-July 2019
Not one in EW livery I hope! ;)
No, usually it's an regular SN livery with Tomorrowland decals.
André
ex Sabena #26567

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

OO-SFX this year?
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

b.lufthansa

Post by b.lufthansa »

Next Monday an extraordinary meeting at Brussels Airlines' works council is being held as "additional measures are needed in the context of the financial turnaround".

Background: Eurowings made a loss of €257M in 1Q 2019

A321Lufthansa

Post by A321Lufthansa »

What about OO-SFB? Is it considered as returned to SN from 31.03? Will it get the SN livery and configuration later if yes?

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

b.lufthansa wrote: 19 Jun 2019, 12:34 Next Monday an extraordinary meeting at Brussels Airlines' works council is being held as "additional measures are needed in the context of the financial turnaround".

I chatted yesterday with one of the top representatives of the SN pilots delegation, he clearly told me that they don't want to hear anything about any "besparing plan" or any saving measures of that kind. They would clearly go direct to the strike stage. :roll: "ingeven is nu gedaan" he told me.
OTOH, would LH be foolish enough to provoke the SN staff one week before the summer holidays ?? :? :shock:

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Darjeeling wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 09:21
b.lufthansa wrote: 19 Jun 2019, 12:34 Next Monday an extraordinary meeting at Brussels Airlines' works council is being held as "additional measures are needed in the context of the financial turnaround".

I chatted yesterday with one of the top representatives of the SN pilots delegation, he clearly told me that they don't want to hear anything about any "besparing plan" or any saving measures of that kind. They would clearly go direct to the strike stage. :roll: "ingeven is nu gedaan" he told me.
OTOH, would LH be foolish enough to provoke the SN staff one week before the summer holidays ?? :? :shock:
For SN I don't know but during the Summer, cabin crew of Lufthansa, Eurowings and Germanwings are going on strike, see link
I'm pretty sure that SN also will follow if they have to cut costs further or even maybe other actions which will have an impact on SN

https://luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuws/cate ... ervakantie

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

Darjeeling wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 09:21

No more saving measures? What do these pilots expect, to somehow work for an airline that can sustain losses in perpetuity? :?

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

Jetter wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 12:16 No more saving measures? What do these pilots expect, to somehow work for an airline that can sustain losses in perpetuity? :?
What do these airline companies expect?
Pilots are already working more for less (gross salary, before someone starts moaning about taxes) than in neighbouring countries or even low cost operators in Belgium. If Lufty pushes for more it could be the straw that broke the camel’s back!

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

Poiu wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 12:45
Jetter wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 12:16 No more saving measures? What do these pilots expect, to somehow work for an airline that can sustain losses in perpetuity? :?
Pilots are already working more for less (gross salary, before someone starts moaning about taxes) than in neighbouring countries or even low cost operators in Belgium. If Lufty pushes for more it could be the straw that broke the camel’s back!
The airline company expects that profitability is needed to be sustainable. This has very little to do with LH because profitability has always been an issue, already at the old SN. If anything the pilots are better of with LH because they still have a job. A camel’s back can also be broken by continuing losses: don’t forget that LH bought SN for less than the value of 1 new plane so it wouldn’t be that hard for them to let it sink.

If you compare with neighboring countries you should also take into account Belgian GDP per capita is lower than The Netherlands, Germany, Luxembourg and Paris so lower wages are to be expected, especially given the governments unfavorable policy towards aviation. That’s not something to blame on the pilots but a fact they have to live with. It doesn’t somehow magically make that SN can pay wages based on what is payed in other countries and sustain the losses.

saratoga

Post by saratoga »

I am not a SN pilot but it is true that their salary is not the greatest. Cutting even more in that is a disgrace. If i would be one of them, i would start thinking going somewhere else or changing career. I wish them all the best.

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

Jetter wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 15:57 The airline company expects that profitability is needed to be sustainable. This has very little to do with LH because profitability has always been an issue, already at the old SN. If anything the pilots are better of with LH because they still have a job. A camel’s back can also be broken by continuing losses: don’t forget that LH bought SN for less than the value of 1 new plane so it wouldn’t be that hard for them to let it sink.

If you compare with neighboring countries you should also take into account Belgian GDP per capita is lower than The Netherlands, Germany, Luxembourg and Paris so lower wages are to be expected, especially given the governments unfavorable policy towards aviation. That’s not something to blame on the pilots but a fact they have to live with. It doesn’t somehow magically make that SN can pay wages based on what is payed in other countries and sustain the losses.
Correct, but all these negatives are already taken into account in the actual working conditions.
Trying to save more will be counterproductive as it will lead to a disengagement of the workforce.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Jetter wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 15:57
Poiu wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 12:45
The airline company expects that profitability is needed to be sustainable. This has very little to do with LH because profitability has always been an issue, already at the old SN. If anything the pilots are better of with LH because they still have a job. A camel’s back can also be broken by continuing losses: don’t forget that LH bought SN for less than the value of 1 new plane so it wouldn’t be that hard for them to let it sink.

The LH Group is going to have a multibillon profit. If EW is constantly lossmaking, axe it. Take SN out of it, put it with the other network carriers and give it the means to compete and be profitable. End EW and sack the one who is responsible (Spohr).

If LH takes the EW losses for granted to not have traditional LCC's growing in Germany, stop nagging and accept the loses and do not push your employees over the edge.

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

If there were now 3 to 5 large Belgian investors who put 200 million on the table to buy back Brussels Airlines from Lufthansa, I think CS would soon sell his "lossmaking" subsidiary.

What do you think?

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

They had every chance to do so before, and didn't - why should they now?

On a technical note, would selling off a part of the company be a competence of the CEO? I should think the board would need to decide, or at least to approve.