Social actions at air navigation service provider skeyes (Belgium) - possible air traffic disruptions

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

TLspotting

Re: Social actions at air traffic control service skeyes (Belgium) - possible air traffic disruptions

Post by TLspotting »

All Zaventem flights cancelled until 13:00L. What's the amount of them?
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

Shonix

Re: Social actions at air traffic control service skeyes (Belgium) - possible air traffic disruptions

Post by Shonix »

Let's bring back Ronald Reagan...

Seriously, this is a pure shame. Those unions full of egocentric individuals who desperately keep clinging to their privileges and refuse to adapt to a changing world are what drags down our economy.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

This is a disaster, I can tell you. No need to mention politics bcs it will be elections, so they will not involve now. It will be for the next one.

But such actions you simply can't explain to foreign airlines companies anymore, we used all credibility. Even the current airlines at BRU and LGE are complaining like never before. To give an example, we lost already freight, certain flights, to Germany and we even don't know if it is temporary or for good. Regarding pax, some foreign long haul companies are thinking to stop flying to BRU and increasing or using bigger metal to Germany and AMS. All the good work and effort from all BRU staff is vanished away by all those actions of the traffic controllers.

Once again, stop with those national or regional ATC, make it European one or a Benelux one and don't give those jobs to all those who are constantly on strike

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Brussels Airlines estimates that the losses due to strikes at skeyes amount to at least 4 million euros. This could well mean the difference between being profitable or not at the end of the year!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

What is the current status for LGE and CRL? Same grounded for the moment?

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Atlantis wrote: 16 May 2019, 11:48 What is the current status for LGE and CRL? Same grounded for the moment?
8 Ryanair flights cancelled at least from and to CRL.

SR20

Post by SR20 »

Atlantis wrote: 16 May 2019, 11:48 What is the current status for LGE and CRL? Same grounded for the moment?
I guess so, if ACC is not available, nearly impossible for commercial traffic to reach or escape from those airports.
Although it looks like a FedEx B777 from Shanghai PVG managed to land at LGG at 11h30 LT.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

TLspotting wrote: 16 May 2019, 10:20 All Zaventem flights cancelled until 13:00L. What's the amount of them?
More than 100 flights including Charleroi.

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

atcofl wrote: 16 May 2019, 08:37 A meeting for CANAC atco's had been planned for 10h today. The initial email called of the COO for everyone to be there so they could explain the 'agreement'. However, 10h is a busy time to work, so a lot of people wouldn't be able to attend anyway. And even for those in break, attending isn't obvious, since you're supposed to become back refreshed from a break, not super annoyed with management.
So, unions called for everyone to attend (also from other units and other services such as technicians, meteo, administrative staff) and put down a strike notice to allow people to attend.
Yesterday, management changed their mind and decided to talk to people in small groups. We are against that, since we want to be united and all have the right to the same explanation, listening to other people's questions. So we all were going to attend at 10h.
Then, management clearly got scared and they cancelled the meeting. I don't know if they were hoping people would then just keep working, but all they're doing is making people more angry.

Great management we have, they clearly thought this trough very well...
Have you thought this through at all? In a 24h job how are you ever possible to have meetings were everyone can attend? Would you prefer they schedule a meeting at 4 in the morning when there is less to do and expect everyone to be there? And how do you not take the time to talk this over but instead announce a strike the moment you don’t like something. You and your selfish colleagues should be ashamed of yourself and your poor work mentality.

This demand for one meeting for all is nuts. :x Small groups is the way to go and how many companies work. Meetings like this are for information purposes and not for a certain group of employees to show how united they are as you seem to want it to be. After the meetings management or the union can make a FAQ so you know the answer to other people questions. :idea:

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Did everyone who was on weekend days and holidays alo come to that meeting that is so important that it justifies shutting down a countries airspace?. I dont think any of you still understands the implications of such an action from your ivory towers.

Because if not, it cant have been that important no? Then its just selfish childish behaviour.Zum kotzen.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Exactly. This shows now who is not willing to find a solution but only to hurt the economy, image of Belgium, but only thinking about their own profit.

If the management wants to offer meetings with smaller groups then they offer you something. But you just ignored that and going on a wild cat strike. In other major multinational companies are also meetings in smaller groups bcs a meeting in all cannot be. And they do like that. ATC is not that flexible?? You think your are united??? you just made yourself impossible now and if no solution then you can count this on your own disconto.

Go back to your chair and work like everybody has to do. At no single place you can have everything that you want. We all have to work hard, longer and with overtime without more money

mvg

Post by mvg »

It is time to end this circus.

We can expect their comments like “You don’t know what you are talking about” and “you don’t understand our job”. It’s all about safety and they are professionals. Those poor workers feel bashed. We feel so sad for them.

They work 3 hours per day (sometimes less) for 6500€ per month after tax, they leave work before the end of their shift (confirmed on this forum) and find it normal, nobody cares if they are efficient or not, they can have incidents, respond to their managers as they feel like: nothing will ever happen to them because they are State employees!
As a reward for their brilliant career they will be paid 80% of their salary during more than 5 years (and stay at home) before their pension and finally get a 3500€ pension (after tax).
We all feel pity, we understand that they block a country to go to an information meeting.

Good luck guys! From now on I’ll fly out of Amsterdam, Paris or Düsseldorf but Brussels never again!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

It's time for the Government to act and impose a minimum service rule, like at the Belgian Railways and the Walloon TEC (which just got a 1M euro fine because it did not carry out that minimum service in some regions on 14 May).

And in case of a wildcat strike (= illegal), the strikers (or their unions) should be held personally responsible for any costs incurred by inconvenienced airlines and passengers.

I had some comprehension for the demands of the ATCOs expressed in this forum and I realised that skeyes management bears a big responsibility in the degradation of their working conditions over the years. But ATCOs have lost all credibility in one single morning.
André
ex Sabena #26567

mvg

Post by mvg »

They say they don’t care or ask for money. Maybe they can all give a few thousands euros from their small salaries to give a compensation to the stranded passengers

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

Matt wrote: 16 May 2019, 09:08 Look, I get why they strike today, I get why they are disgruntled. It get the why.

But the way HOW they strike now baffles me.

A spontanious action, right in the busyest period of the day, leaving thousands of passengers stranded at BRU airport, to me that is inexcusable. This way atco's just bully people who have nothing to do with the matter :!:

Holidays ruined, business trips on hold etc etc etc... People and airliners coulnd't even take precautions ( like they can with the NMBS who announce it weeks beforehand )

Sorry. The Atco's lost A LOT of respect now from me and from the public opinion.

They better watch out or they will have less jobs if people start avoiding BRU more and more and go to DUS, AMS or CDG!

#VeryDisgruntled
#verydisgruntled.... me too

Matt

Post by Matt »

I see planes landing at 07L...

IT'S OVER

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Once again I must agree with André: wildcat strikes are never acceptable, never, whatever the grounds.
Make them pay for the damage, yes! YES!

SR20

Post by SR20 »

On the RTBF TV news (13h) they said an agreement was reached between ACV and skeyes CEO to renegociate last week's agreement (the one only approved by ACOD/CGSP) An official statement from skeyes is expected !

https://www.rtbf.be/auvio/detail_arret- ... wsource=cl

https://www.rtbf.be/info/societe/detail ... d=10221931
Last edited by SR20 on 16 May 2019, 15:27, edited 2 times in total.

mvg

Post by mvg »

They will have to renegotiate and give the spoiled workers what they want like always because there is NO CHOICE. That’s why they feel so strong and dare to put a country upside down! There is no possibility to replace them unless you stop the traffic for two years! (Time needed to train new motivated guys).

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

mvg wrote: 16 May 2019, 14:56 They will have to renegotiate and give the spoiled workers what they want like always because there is NO CHOICE. That’s why they feel so strong and dare to put a country upside down! There is no possibility to replace them unless you stop the traffic for two years! (Time needed to train new motivated guys).
skeyes:

Pas de renégociation de l'accord, la concertation prévue aura lieu
Jeudi 16 mai 2019

Lorsque l'accord social de skeyes a été conclu le 10 mai dernier, il a été convenu que l'accord serait élaboré en concertation entre la direction et les syndicats.

Au début de cette semaine, la direction a pris l'initiative et une première réunion a été fixée pour le lundi 20 mai.

Il ne s'agit pas de renégocier l'accord, mais d'élaborer concrètement les détails de l'accord conclu.

Les réunions d'information qui étaient prévues tout au long de la journée d'aujourd'hui ont été annulées après qu’il s’est avéré que des actions non-annoncées auraient lieu. Toutefois, ces actions n'étaient assorties d'aucune revendication.

Les réunions d'information prévues à partir de demain auront lieu comme prévu.