Planning of petition "retro livery"

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

DreamBig

Post by DreamBig »

ello all,

I have been thinking about this idea for quite a long time, but before I start I would like to know whether there is a base that is big enough to realize something. As Brussels Airlines has painted the OO-SNB in the tintin livery and is working on a Red Devils and Magritte livery, I thought: why woudln't they paint one of their planes into the old Sabena livery (yes yes, I know they aren't quite the same).

That is why I would like to start a petition to ask SN to paint one of their planes in the good, old Sabena livery. I was only 5 years old when Sabena went bankrupt and I had family working there. If you hear them talk, it was a great time. Wouldn't it be great then for those persons to see a plane one more time in this good old livery? I really would like to see this once in my life!

I personnaly think that SN won't do this by themselve, because they really want to develop as a Belgian airline without taking the history into account (develop in the future, don't look back to the history), so perhaps if there are enough people who want so, they get convinced to do so.

So now my question: if I would start a petition, would you sign it and/or try to convince your friends, family etc. to singn this petition.

sn26567

Re: Planning of petition "retro livery"

Post by sn26567 »

This sounds like a good idea. Brussels Airlines itself doesn't have a long history, thus very few "retro" liveries. But it would nevertheless be nice to see an S-tail again in the skies.

As for a Sabena livery, Brussels Airlines does not consider itself as the successor of Sabena, thus I doubt that the company would agree to sport a Sabena retro livery. But it doesn't cost anything to give it a try...
André
ex Sabena #26567

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

They run far away from Sabena and now it's Eurowings...
I suspect a merged livery which will set up thé new name or something like that...
Forget Sabena :/ Will never happen...
Best thing was the margritte Bird i guess...
But I Will sign for sure ;)

cxb
New types flown 2022.. A339

Edwardnek

Post by Edwardnek »

Anyone agree that the new Austrian retro livery is way better than the current or previous iterations?

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Those who can't leave the past for what it is, and still long to see an "S-tail" - well, they can always visit Grimbergen Airfield and drool over the C172's and PA28's and even a hai-tek Diamond :mrgreen:

[[edited to add]] if I ever were in some kind of manager position at SNBA - which seems extremely unlikely ;) - my reply might well be along the lines of "Dear aviation friend, what an excellent idea! Our company will be proud to take an active participation in this beautiful project. Do let us know of any prospective sponsors, and be assured we will support you in any way we realistically can! Kindest aviation regards, xxx"

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

My guess is that there will always be people who want to see the livery one last time and people who say that you should let go of the past. I'd say that you give it a try and see where you get. There is always a chance that someone at SN may say yes, let's do this.