Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

TLspotting

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by TLspotting »

viennafly wrote: 10 May 2019, 10:27 OO-SFT is just atm flying to PGF as SN9903, is this already the phaseout or just maintenance?
Maintenance like AB a while ago.
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

Matt

Post by Matt »

TLspotting wrote: 10 May 2019, 11:13
viennafly wrote: 10 May 2019, 10:27 OO-SFT is just atm flying to PGF as SN9903, is this already the phaseout or just maintenance?

https://sites.google.com/site/lhgroupfleet/brussels

Appearently the phase out which I found odd... This plane was supposed to stay, no?

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

Matt wrote: 10 May 2019, 11:43

Appearently the phase out which I found odd... This plane was supposed to stay, no?
maybe they'll keep SFY longer? otherwise it's 2 A330-200 phase out this month
Citybird
The flying dream

C96C

Post by C96C »

https://sites.google.com/site/lhgroupfleet is not an official site... Not everything on it is correct...

convair

Post by convair »

CTBke wrote: 09 May 2019, 15:28
TLspotting wrote: 07 May 2019, 16:15
airbuske wrote: 01 May 2019, 20:52 I don't know if it was already mentioned.
OO-SNN ( MSN4269 ex OE-LOE) will join the Brussels Airlines fleet in june 2019.
Didn't get OE-LOE but OE-LOG.

Ex Air Berlin, 17th A320 for Brussels Airlines and youngest of the fleet, only 9 years old, currently at Larnaca, Republic of Cyprus.
To be exact SSR is the youngest in the fleet 9 years whil SNN is 9.1
But, still, SNN the youngest A320, isn't it. ;)

Matt

Post by Matt »

C96C wrote: 10 May 2019, 12:16

https://sites.google.com/site/lhgroupfleet is not an official site... Not everything on it is correct...
It says maintenance now haha

C96C

Post by C96C »

OO-SNN is on the Belgian register since yesterday (9/5/19). It is airbone on this moment, direction BRU? Or the paintshop?

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Airbus2016 wrote: 27 Apr 2019, 01:43 Sn fleet will be: 8 a330-300

OO-SFB
OO-SFC
OO-SFD
OO-SFE
OO-SFF
OO-SFG
OO-SFH
OO-SFX

The a330-200 that will still stay a couple of years

OO-SFT
OO-SFU
OO-SFZ

the aircrafts that will leave this year are: OO-SFV, OO-SFW and OO-SFY.

All the other aircrafts with belgian registration like OO-SFK, OO-SFJ,... are for Eurowings!
Will they also soon have their livery turned from SN to EW ?

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

brusselsairlinesfan wrote: 12 May 2019, 00:45
Airbus2016 wrote: 27 Apr 2019, 01:43 Sn fleet will be: 8 a330-300

OO-SFB
OO-SFC
OO-SFD
OO-SFE
OO-SFF
OO-SFG
OO-SFH
OO-SFX

The a330-200 that will still stay a couple of years

OO-SFT
OO-SFU
OO-SFZ

the aircrafts that will leave this year are: OO-SFV, OO-SFW and OO-SFY.

All the other aircrafts with belgian registration like OO-SFK, OO-SFJ,... are for Eurowings!
Will they also soon have their livery turned from SN to EW ?
So far no statement has been made about the 330's SFB is still in Eurowings but will be repainted into SN colors , also the cabin reconfiguration is completely Brussels Airlines and way more different from Eurowings which uses the LH interior.
Citybird
The flying dream

sounilr21

Post by sounilr21 »

Hey,

I'm a french speaking and my english is not perfect (gramatical), but i don't use google translate to talk with your aviation community. In advance, sorry for gramatical mistakes. I'm just discover your forum. It's a good place to find more information about the Belgian carriers.

Have u a good news about OO-SFU since her engines failures ?

So, i have viewed that the Airbus A330-200 SFT is now located in Perpignan, France. Technical ou maintenance problem or cabin fit planned ?

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/oo-sft

I have an hypothesis (it's correct term ?) about the A330-300 SFB. Since her transfert to Brussels, SFB is planned almost always on the Toronto's route. Why not is a test in real size to know Eurowings colours in the Canada.

Eurowings is already present in United Stats (New York, Miami and recently Las Vegas) from Dusseldorf.

For know that canadian (or more globaly North American) peoples are a positive or not idea of mark Eurowings.

It's a reality sad, the fusion beetween Brussels Airlines and Eurowings it's a next step for develop and consolidation. Maybe soon with Condor.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

sounilr21 wrote: 12 May 2019, 14:45 Hey,

I'm a french speaking and my english is not perfect (gramatical), but i don't use google translate to talk with your aviation community. In advance, sorry for gramatical mistakes. I'm just discover your forum. It's a good place to find more information about the Belgian carriers.

So, i have viewed that the Airbus A330-200 SFT is now located in Perpignan, France. Technical ou maintenance problem or cabin fit planned ?

I have an hypothesis (it's correct term ?) about the A330-300 SFB. Since her transfert to Brussels, SFB is planned almost always on the Toronto's route. Why not is a test in real size to know Eurowings colours in the Canada.

Eurowings is already present in United Stats (New York, Miami and recently Las Vegas) from Dusseldorf.

For know that canadian (or more globaly North American) peoples are a positive or not idea of mark Eurowings.

It's a reality sad, the fusion beetween Brussels Airlines and Eurowings it's a next step for develop and consolidation. Maybe soon with Condor.
Welcome to Aviation24.be and I think your English will improve quickly, but it is not that hard to learn step by step, you only need good people to speak more fluent :P

sounilr21

Post by sounilr21 »

TLspotting wrote: 12 May 2019, 15:27
sounilr21 wrote: 12 May 2019, 14:45 Hey,

Welcome on Aviation24.be and I think your English will improve quickly, but it is not that hard to learn step by step, you only need good people to speak more fluent :P
Thank you for you welcoming. So i go to Los Angeles this end of June with Brussels Airlines and United to learn and talk english on the real situation. it's a good exercice for me i think ;)

sorry for the small out topic ;-)

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

sounilr21 wrote: 12 May 2019, 15:38 i go to Los Angeles this end of June with Brussels Airlines and United to learn and talk english on the real situation. it's a good exercice for me i think ;)

sorry for the small out topic ;-)
Even way more off topic:
If you didn’t book your course yet, may I suggest you go to England to learn English and use your ticket to LA to visit California.
My French is a lot worse than your English, but I prefer that my French colleagues, who all studied in America, speak French to me, because I don’t understand a single word of their American with a French accent.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

sounilr21 wrote: 12 May 2019, 14:45 I have an hypothesis (it's correct term ?) about the A330-300 SFB. Since her transfert to Brussels, SFB is planned almost always on the Toronto's route. Why not is a test in real size to know Eurowings colours in the Canada.
OO-SFB has a former Cathay Pacific interior which consists of a small Business Class (just 16 seats), Premium Economy (21 seats) and the rest in Economy (244) - this was the configuration foreseen for EW (unlike SFC which has an ex-Cathay interior in a more SN-type configuration), but due to some reshuffling in the SN A330 cabin retrofit program and SFU being grounded, SFB is now being used until September with this Cathay interior (which is then replaced by the new SN interior).

The very only reason why SFB so dominantly operates the YYZ route (but definitely not exclusively, there are also quite some flights to Africa) is very simple: it has a small C class so it's being used on a route with limited C class demand. Also it has PY seats and it's preferred to send those to the US/Canada, where the real PY product will be launched first from August 1st onwards.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

And if you want to see SFU, it is grounded behind H41. Without engines: thus that problem isn't solved yet.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sounilr21

Post by sounilr21 »

RoMax wrote: 12 May 2019, 18:09
sounilr21 wrote: 12 May 2019, 14:45 I have an hypothesis (it's correct term ?) about the A330-300 SFB. Since her transfert to Brussels, SFB is planned almost always on the Toronto's route. Why not is a test in real size to know Eurowings colours in the Canada.
OO-SFB has a former Cathay Pacific interior which consists of a small Business Class (just 16 seats), Premium Economy (21 seats) and the rest in Economy (244) - this was the configuration foreseen for EW (unlike SFC which has an ex-Cathay interior in a more SN-type configuration), but due to some reshuffling in the SN A330 cabin retrofit program and SFU being grounded, SFB is now being used until September with this Cathay interior (which is then replaced by the new SN interior).

The very only reason why SFB so dominantly operates the YYZ route (but definitely not exclusively, there are also quite some flights to Africa) is very simple: it has a small C class so it's being used on a route with limited C class demand. Also it has PY seats and it's preferred to send those to the US/Canada, where the real PY product will be launched first from August 1st onwards.
Thank you for more information. It's more clear for me.
North Amircan's routes are the priority to launch new cabin. SFD and SFZ are already to fly, wait SFE from AMM.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

sn26567 wrote: 12 May 2019, 20:33 And if you want to see SFU, it is grounded behind H41. Without engines: thus that problem isn't solved yet.
Was entering H41 a few days ago according to an Instagram story.

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi all,

I was recently on an SN flight to YYZ on one of their A332. I was in business class and I was surprised only 11 from the XX (32?) seats were taken.

The service is (as usual) quite good, but the business class itself is worn out, especially the litlle tables do not work wel anymore (they know). So would welcome the new business class product.

BTW: I think one of th reasons LH puts SN under EW is their overall 'poor performance' businesswise, i.e. relatively few pax paying a premium travel fee.

Cheers,
Danny

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

DannyVDB wrote: 13 May 2019, 09:02
BTW: I think one of th reasons LH puts SN under EW is their overall 'poor performance' businesswise, i.e. relatively few pax paying a premium travel fee.
The officially quoted reason is that SN has few long-haul routes and aircraft compared to LH, LX, and even OS.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sounilr21

Post by sounilr21 »

C96C wrote: 10 May 2019, 13:50 OO-SNN is on the Belgian register since yesterday (9/5/19). It is airbone on this moment, direction BRU? Or the paintshop?
https://www.aerotelegraph.com/jets-von- ... ngs-farben