Social actions at air navigation service provider skeyes (Belgium) - possible air traffic disruptions

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

mvg

Re: Social actions at air traffic control service skeyes (Belgium) - possible air traffic disruptions

Post by mvg »

This Notam for EBLG is different than the one for ACC (CANAC) airspace closures.

The one for EBLG means that only two Atcos are present for the morning and two for the afternoon shifts (or maybe one morning, one middle shift and one afternoon)
EBLG Tower has to be manned by two Atcos at all times so if they are only two per shift, they take 20 minutes breaks two times per shift to be able to have a pause.
That does not affect the traffic at all because times are usually chosen when there is no commercial traffic foreseen and we can understand that they won’t accept training flights when they are short of staff (there are plenty of other aerodromes to go to train).

Nevertheless this is a bit awkward as we all know that there is almost no traffic in Liege during the day (especially if training flights are refused). One Atco is more than enough when there is nothing to do and the other one can easily rest on the side and go to the bathroom leaving his/her colleague alone for a few minutes.
Their answer will be: “what if the Atco who works alone has a heart attack?”... Well for sure nothing more serious than if the driver of a school bus has a heart attack... especially if there is no traffic on the frequency

TLspotting

Re: Social actions at air traffic control service skeyes (Belgium) - possible air traffic disruptions

Post by TLspotting »

SR20 wrote: 15 Apr 2019, 18:46 Capture+_2019-04-15-18-45-56.png
A1276/19 NOTAMN
Q) EBBU/QSCLC/IV/NBO/E /000/245/5029N00411E999
A) EBBU B) 1904152200 C) 1904160400
E) BRUSSELS ACC CLSD DUE TO STAFF SHORTAGE. EMERG FREQ ARE WATCHED
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

Can the military staff be involved ?
This mess must stop

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Airbus330lover wrote: 15 Apr 2019, 21:35 Can the military staff be involved ?
This mess must stop
Military ops are operational via Belga Radar (but is it limited to office hours?)

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Brussels Airport announced via social media that their flights between 23:30 and 08:00 are impacted (while restriction is between 00:00 and 06:00)

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sn26567 wrote: 01 Apr 2019, 23:30 I confirm my previous statement: it looks like sabotage of Liege Airport.
Tonights' strike: 18 passenger flights and 32 cargo flights affected at Brussels Airport.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Brussels Airport announced via social media that their flights between 23:30 and 08:00 are impacted (while restriction is between 00:00 and 06:00).

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

TLspotting wrote: 15 Apr 2019, 23:03 Brussels Airport announced via social media that their flights between 23:30 and 08:00 are impacted (while restriction is between 00:00 and 06:00).
I am always surprised that doctors are entering this type of game. It will be said that society is evolving ... I have not left BRU for some time ... but I was coming back again. I'll have to change my tune! Which country ! The controllers should travel a little ... and go to Africa, Venezuela, Cuba, Laos to name a few countries from where I come back! :roll:

SR20

Post by SR20 »

I was told the reason of tonight's 6 hours airspace closure is because there is no supervisor available for the night shift.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

SR20 wrote: 15 Apr 2019, 23:54 I was told the reason of tonight's 6 hours airspace closure is because there is no supervisor available for the night shift.
Which means that one single person can block a whole country for one night!
André
ex Sabena #26567

AIRMARSHAL

Post by AIRMARSHAL »

how many pax flights did divert to CGN ?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

AIRMARSHAL wrote: 16 Apr 2019, 01:43 how many pax flights did divert to CGN ?
Two: the SN flights from Hurghada and Malaga.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Economic disaster in LGG, the PR says.
50 flights impacted last night alone.
But the damage on the image is a lot bigger
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Belgian airspace has become similar to that of a banana republic. And authorities seem to accept the fact without reacting, except in the Walloon region, which cannot do anything as it is bound by the agreement between the federal government, the regional governments and skeyes.

Why couldn't Liege Airport rely on foreign air navigation service providers to allow traffic coming from the East?
André
ex Sabena #26567

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Do we have a Minister...? Bellot, no ?

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Can anyone ping this guy on twitter or something ?
Cant journalist do their work ?
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

sn26567 wrote: 16 Apr 2019, 11:09 Belgian airspace has become similar to that of a banana republic. And authorities seem to accept the fact without reacting, except in the Walloon region, which cannot do anything as it is bound by the agreement between the federal government, the regional governments and skeyes.

Why couldn't Liege Airport rely on foreign air navigation service providers to allow traffic coming from the East?
Could be easy with the help of the germans.