WOW Air Bankruptcy | Causes and Consequences of the WOW Air Failure Explained

This is the forum to place all your aviation videos and clips: events, air disasters, crashes, spectacular landings, etc...

convair

Re: WOW Air Bankruptcy | Causes and Consequences of the WOW Air Failure Explained

Post by convair »

pitrixplanespotting wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 21:17
In other words, it was bound to fail...
In another topic (I can't find it back), there was a nice explanation on how airlines choose their destinations. It did mention WOW opening a flight to Dallas and the competition ( Delta and American I think) immediately following suit. One factor they didn't mention though was the lack of connections on the US side for WOW.

P.S. How many doomed airlines have been launched merely to satisfy a personal ego?

Acid-drop

Re: WOW Air Bankruptcy | Causes and Consequences of the WOW Air Failure Explained

Post by Acid-drop »

My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

convair

Post by convair »

Acid-drop wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 04:17
Yessss! That's the one! Thank you Acid-drop. Where did you find it?
Anyway, reference to WOW starts at 8:05. And, btw, one of the 2 competitors of WOW was...Icelandair (!) and not Delta as I wrongly indicated.