SN really turned German :(

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

evyncke

SN really turned German :(

Post by evyncke »

Of course, we all know that SN is now Eurowings and German...

But what a 'shock' :o today, after a nice flight PRG-BRU, got the usual request to fill in an evaluation form for this flight, so, doing it...

BUT, the evaluation scale is SO German: with the best score on the left and the worse on the right while AFAIK Belgium (and 99% of the countries) do the opposite: best score on the right and worse on the left.

No wonder that SN CEO is from German Eurowings marketing dept... They have no clue about Belgian culture it seems :-)

Again, flight was nice, flight crew was superb
Last edited by evyncke on 31 Mar 2019, 18:57, edited 2 times in total.

Passenger

Re: SN really turned German :(

Post by Passenger »

evyncke wrote: 31 Mar 2019, 18:41 Of course, we all know that SN is now Eurowings and German...
Reminds me to mrs Slocombe's (Are YouBeing Served) famous quote "I am unanimous in that".

evyncke wrote: 31 Mar 2019, 18:41 Of course, we all know that SN is now Eurowings and German...
Brussels Airlines nv/sa is Belgian-based company (headquarters in 1050 BRU) with 100% German ownership (via SN Airholding nv/sa). German owners because the Belgian industry wasn't willing to invest in the airline when Davignon begged for additional funds.
evyncke wrote: 31 Mar 2019, 18:41 But what a 'shock' :o today, after a nice flight PRG-BRU, got the usual request to fill in an evaluation form for this flight, so, doing it...

BUT, the evaluation scale is SO German: with the best score on the left and the worse on the right while AFAIK Belgium (and 99% of the countries) do the opposite: best score on the right and worse on the left.

No wonder that SN CEO is from German Eurowings marketing dept... They have no clue about Belgian culture it seems :-)
You are right: evaluation scaled from left to right are part of the Belgian culture.

- - -

Just wondering: where the PA calls only in English and German? Crew with Obvious German accent? Indications sortie de secours / nooduitgang now replaced by Notausgang?

evyncke

Re: SN really turned German :(

Post by evyncke »

Passenger wrote: 31 Mar 2019, 19:49 Just wondering: where the PA calls only in English and German? Crew with Obvious German accent? Indications sortie de secours / nooduitgang now replaced by Notausgang?
I was about to reply Yes as we are 1st of April, but, as you know the PA were 3-lingual and as I wrote above the crew was superb as often on SN