TUI fly Belgium in 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11458
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: TUI fly Belgium in 2019

Post by luchtzak »

TLspotting wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 18:05
Someone btw at Salon des Vacances at Brussels this weekend, at Lille Airport stand told me a Boeing 787 of TUI was coming today or tomorrow to Lille... But it seems more that a DREAMLINER flight is planned for Wednesday or so...
Most likely, the 787 will divert to Lille due to the national strike in Belgium.

TLspotting
Posts: 2355
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: TUI fly Belgium in 2019

Post by TLspotting »

luchtzak wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 20:39
TLspotting wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 18:05
Someone btw at Salon des Vacances at Brussels this weekend, at Lille Airport stand told me a Boeing 787 of TUI was coming today or tomorrow to Lille... But it seems more that a DREAMLINER flight is planned for Wednesday or so...
Most likely, the 787 will divert to Lille due to the national strike in Belgium.
OO-LOE to LIL and JDL to ORY
Hi. I'm T., spotter and aviation geek. Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 36844
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: TUI fly Belgium in 2019

Post by sn26567 »

TUI Belgium today published the favourite destinations by air from Belgium for the mid-winter holidays:

1. Spain (including the Canary Islands)
2. Egypt (doubles compared to 2018)
3. Morocco
4. Cabo Verde
5. Dominican Republic (40% more than in 2018)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger
Posts: 6780
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: TUI fly Belgium in 2019

Post by Passenger »

...A TUI Airlines Belgium Boeing 737-800 on behalf of Sunwing, registration OO-SRO performing WG-326 (dep Feb 17th) from Varadero (Cuba) to Ottawa,ON (Canada) with 190 passengers and 6 crew, was climbing through FL150 out of Varadero when the crew received indication of low pressure on the right hand engine (CFM56) hydraulic system B...

Continues here:
http://avherald.com/h?article=4c4da41c&opt=0

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 36844
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: TUI fly Belgium in 2019

Post by sn26567 »

Passenger wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 10:24
...A TUI Airlines Belgium Boeing 737-800 on behalf of Sunwing, registration OO-SRO performing WG-326 (dep Feb 17th) from Varadero (Cuba) to Ottawa,ON (Canada) with 190 passengers and 6 crew, was climbing through FL150 out of Varadero when the crew received indication of low pressure on the right hand engine (CFM56) hydraulic system B...

Continues here:
http://avherald.com/h?article=4c4da41c&opt=0
190 pax? The maximum capacity is 189 pax! Where did the 190th sit?
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
KriVa
Posts: 1388
Joined: 31 Mar 2010, 20:15
Contact:

Re: TUI fly Belgium in 2019

Post by KriVa »

There’s a maximum of 189 seats on a 737-800. That doesn’t mean the maximum passenger capacity is 189, though.
You can still put an infant on the lap of an adult.
In fact, dependant on configuration, the maximum number of passengers, including infants, on board could theoretically be somewhere close to 250, if enough infant life vests and seat belts were loaded.
So yes, 190 would very much be possible.
Thomas

Passenger
Posts: 6780
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: TUI fly Belgium in 2019

Post by Passenger »

TUI Netherlands PH-TFC 737-800 (NG) will have a C-check at Luton, and will then join TUI Belgium.

https://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plan ... -35146.htm

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11458
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: TUI fly Belgium in 2019

Post by luchtzak »

To make optimal use of its fleet during the less busy winter season in Europe, TUI fly Belgium is operating charter flights from Canada and the United States. A total of eight Belgian registered aircraft (and Belgian crews) are flying tourist goers to and from exotic – and warmer – destinations.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/tui- ... ed-states/

Bralo20
Posts: 1448
Joined: 12 Aug 2008, 13:48

Re: TUI fly Belgium in 2019

Post by Bralo20 »

luchtzak wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 11:47
To make optimal use of its fleet during the less busy winter season in Europe, TUI fly Belgium is operating charter flights from Canada and the United States. A total of eight Belgian registered aircraft (and Belgian crews) are flying tourist goers to and from exotic – and warmer – destinations.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/tui- ... ed-states/
This year while keeping their Belgian registrations or re-registered like other years?

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11458
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: TUI fly Belgium in 2019

Post by luchtzak »

Bralo20 wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 12:13
luchtzak wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 11:47
To make optimal use of its fleet during the less busy winter season in Europe, TUI fly Belgium is operating charter flights from Canada and the United States. A total of eight Belgian registered aircraft (and Belgian crews) are flying tourist goers to and from exotic – and warmer – destinations.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/tui- ... ed-states/
This year while keeping their Belgian registrations or re-registered like other years?
I checked on airliners.net and found OO-JEF at Cancun, Mexico. The registration hasn't been altered:
.
Image

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Jetairfl ... K5/5393329

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 36844
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: TUI fly Belgium in 2019

Post by sn26567 »

luchtzak wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 12:32
Bralo20 wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 12:13
luchtzak wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 11:47
To make optimal use of its fleet during the less busy winter season in Europe, TUI fly Belgium is operating charter flights from Canada and the United States. A total of eight Belgian registered aircraft (and Belgian crews) are flying tourist goers to and from exotic – and warmer – destinations.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/tui- ... ed-states/
This year while keeping their Belgian registrations or re-registered like other years?
I checked on airliners.net and found OO-JEF at Cancun, Mexico. T
And hereabove OO-SRO has been mentioned as well: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=64660&start=20#p378628
André
ex Sabena #26567


User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 36844
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: TUI fly Belgium in 2019

Post by sn26567 »

Passenger wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 10:24
...A TUI Airlines Belgium Boeing 737-800 on behalf of Sunwing, registration OO-SRO performing WG-326 (dep Feb 17th) from Varadero (Cuba) to Ottawa,ON (Canada) with 190 passengers and 6 crew, was climbing through FL150 out of Varadero when the crew received indication of low pressure on the right hand engine (CFM56) hydraulic system B...

Continues here:
http://avherald.com/h?article=4c4da41c&opt=0
Two days later, the same aircraft had a similar incident:

Incident: TUI Belgium B738 near Ottawa on Feb 20th 2019, hydraulic failure

A TUI Belgium Boeing 737-800 on behalf of Sunwing, registration OO-SRO performing flight WG-425 from Punta Cana (Dominican Republic) to Ottawa,ON (Canada) with 177 passengers and 6 crew, was descending towards Ottawa when hydraulic system B failed. The crew declared PAN PAN and continued for a safe landing on Ottawa's runway 07 about 13 minutes later.

https://avherald.com/h?article=4c56160b&opt=0
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 36844
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: TUI fly Belgium in 2019

Post by sn26567 »

TUI fly Belgium suspends the Charleroi - Essaouira route in Summer 2019.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Nicolarson
Posts: 1
Joined: 18 Nov 2015, 19:42

Re: TUI fly Belgium in 2019

Post by Nicolarson »

When is the 737-800 coming back from the USA?
Thank you :-)

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 36844
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: TUI fly Belgium in 2019

Post by sn26567 »

Welcome to Aviation24.be, Nicolarson!
Nicolarson wrote:
22 Mar 2019, 14:32
When is the 737-800 coming back from the USA?
Thank you :-)
Not one, but four 737-800s are leased to the US and Canada. Normally they come back at the end of the winter season.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sean1982
Posts: 3260
Joined: 18 Mar 2003, 00:00
Contact:

Re: TUI fly Belgium in 2019

Post by sean1982 »

Nicolarson wrote:
22 Mar 2019, 14:32
When is the 737-800 coming back from the USA?
Thank you :-)
All by the end of april

TLspotting
Posts: 2355
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: TUI fly Belgium in 2019

Post by TLspotting »

Miami Air International and Sunwing... Now Sunwing need them as well due to MAX restrictions...
Hi. I'm T., spotter and aviation geek. Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

TLspotting
Posts: 2355
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: TUI fly Belgium in 2019

Post by TLspotting »

OO-JDL once again stuck... at Cancun this time, being replaced by a Spanish Wamos Air Airbus A330.
Hi. I'm T., spotter and aviation geek. Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

Homo Aeroportus
Posts: 1231
Joined: 24 Feb 2007, 18:28
Location: 2300NM due South of North Pole

Re: TUI fly Belgium in 2019

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

B38M and B39M are banned from Belgian skies for commercial ops until 27JUN.

A0999/19 NOTAMR A0990/19
Q) EBBU/QAFLP/IV/NBO/E /000/999/5029N00411E999
A) EBBU B) 1903271107 C) 1906271200 EST
E) BOEING 737-8 MAX AND BOEING 737-9 MAX PROHIBITED IN BELGIAN
AIRSPACE EXC NON COMMERCIAL FERRY FLT.
REF THE CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY IN EXERCISE OF ITS POWERS IN
ACCORDANCE WITH REGULATION (EU) 2018/1139 ARTICLE 70
CREATED: 27 Mar 2019 11:08:00
SOURCE: EUECYIYN

Doesn't look too good but OK, a NOTAM can always be amended/cancelled when needed.

H.A.

Post Reply