TUI fly Belgium Embraer E190’s nose wheel stuck next to taxiway at Antwerp Airport

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Boeing767copilot

Re: Anomalies in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2019

Post by Boeing767copilot »

ANR: plane next to the taxiway, with nosewheel in the grass, TUI E190 scheduled ANR-RMU, 95 pax disembarked. No injuries.
Last edited by Boeing767copilot on 02 Feb 2019, 09:44, edited 1 time in total.

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

pictures will follow

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

Looks like they mistook the concrete strip towards the old helipad 1, for twy A. Because old H1 is a 'cul-de-sac', did they attempt to make a U-turn??

AarjenP

Post by AarjenP »

©Marc De Roeck

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

737MAX wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 11:09
Once again you permit yourself to publish a « cause » for this incident, without knowing anything. Will you ever learn?

« Slipped from the taxiway due to heavy rainfall ».
Excuse me?

Remember when you wrote about the Pegasus rwy overrun due to « ice and rain »? Can’t believe you’re doing it again.
Please quote correct. The article doesn't state "slipped...", but "Most likely, the aircraft slipped...".

pitrixplanespotting

Post by pitrixplanespotting »

Euhm, what is an aircraft doing on a dead-end taxiway when it wants to take-off? :?

My guess: the pilots took the wrong taxiway, tried to turn but just ended up into the mud. I don't really see any other explanation? :?:

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

737MAX wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 11:09
Once again you permit yourself to publish a « cause » for this incident, without knowing anything. Will you ever learn?

« Slipped from the taxiway due to heavy rainfall ».
Excuse me?

Remember when you wrote about the Pegasus rwy overrun due to « ice and rain »? Can’t believe you’re doing it again.
This was written on HLN.be : “Mogelijk speelde watergladheid door de overvloedige regenval een rol.”

I will remove that part in the article 🤨

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

I cannot see how ice and/or rain can cause any vehicle to slip. My car has been standing for 48 hours now, with all kinds of ice, rain, snow and what not blowing by. It didn't slip an inch! Now if you suggest that there was a slip due to pilot error, perhaps excessive speed for the given weather, that might be another matter.

As usual: better to not speculate, and wait for official analysis. But if we are going into "toogpraat" ("bar talk", more or less) then my speculation follows @pitrix's.

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

Thé towbar has arrived!

Edit: nosewheel back on the concrete :)
Edit2: back on the apron

PttU

Post by PttU »

Looks even worse in this view
OO-TEA.JPG

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

After a positioning flight from BRU, OO-JEM has just departed from ANR, replacing OO-TEA on the Malaga flight

SkyJet

Post by SkyJet »

Murcia PAX bussed to BRU.
JAF16K / EBBR ATD 1246L / LEMI ETA 1446L / B738 / OOJAH

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Strange how a nose gear in the grass is a big drama, but continued flight after an unknown cause of an engine failure followed by a subsequent second engine failure is a non-event. Il faut le faire.

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

PttU wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 12:54 Looks even worse in this view
Ooookaaay, and what exactly is looking "worse"?? First of all, it's a minor mishap. Stupid, but minor. So can't really be 'worse', can it?? The pax, even with the minor inconvenience and the few hours delay, they can't really complain as they are by now in sunny Murcia (especially looking out of my window into the grey, rainy sky :-) ). For the others involved it was an (un)welcome happening, on an otherwise dull and boring, rainy Saturday morning. Except for the poor occupants of row 0 who must be feeling a bit bad the coming days...

The erratic ground movement path in FR24, is a shortcoming of FR24: too few position reports captured to see the details and the "artistic liberty" of the webpage-software to connect position points. And in this case doing it wrong; producing a V-like track, although it was more of a 'question mark' track. The rightmost track of the 'V' shape was the track they followed, and the leftmost track is a fake one (only the end position where they got stuck, is pretty correct).

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

DIBO wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 12:16 Thé towbar has arrived!

Edit: nosewheel back on the concrete :)
Edit2: back on the apron
the same ANR news, but now in a video
https://atv.be/nieuws/video-snuit-van-v ... uver-72896

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

jan_olieslagers wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 11:44As usual: better to not speculate, and wait for .
Well I doubt there will much report published for such a minor incident.
The TUI spokesperson certainly did not wait for an official analysis to comment on TV on the circumstances & causes and even a 'structural' contributing factor, the misleading layout in that corner of the apron. And on that point, I have to agree. Maybe a dozen (slightly) similar mistakes where made in the past couple of years. But the cases I remember were in the opposite direction (from twy A1 to the apron) towards the GA parking, by small GA aircraft, where it was a total non-event to correct the taxi direction (seldom a full 180-turn was needed). So although these were total non-events, it indicates that there was a mistake waiting to happen. I hope airport management will take some actions now. Better late than never.
And the mistake of yesterday, did not have to lead to this minor incident. The theoretical 21.4m minimum rwy width to make a 180-turn, was in ideal conditions within the limit of the 29m width of the old heli-platform. Darkness, rain, poorly lit corner of the apron, without marshaling assistance, clearly were not ideal conditions.
And they almost made it, just a few extra square meters of concrete was all they needed. Must be frustrating....