Was it wrong to choose the Russian Superjet? Brussels Airlines retires the Sukhoi Superjet

This is the forum to place all your aviation videos and clips: events, air disasters, crashes, spectacular landings, etc...

jan_olieslagers

Re: Was it wrong to choose the Russian Superjet? Brussels Airlines retires the Sukhoi Superjet

Post by jan_olieslagers »

"Was it wrong" ...?

As if the world were so black and white. Was it wrong? Not entirely. Was it right? Not perfectly.

Perhaps not the best possible decision - but life (including business) is only a series of compromises.

And it is all too easy to question a decision after it has turned out "less than perfect".

pitrixplanespotting

Re: Was it wrong to choose the Russian Superjet? Brussels Airlines retires the Sukhoi Superjet

Post by pitrixplanespotting »

jan_olieslagers wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 20:11 "Was it wrong" ...?

As if the world were so black and white. Was it wrong? Not entirely. Was it right? Not perfectly.

Perhaps not the best possible decision - but life (including business) is only a series of compromises.

And it is all too easy to question a decision after it has turned out "less than perfect".
True. Sadly a youtube video title can't be that long to explain the complex answer...

jan_olieslagers

And still you wish to use this channel, that (indeed!) forces black vs. white logic? There must be better places, I am sure.

convair

Post by convair »

jan_olieslagers wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 20:42 And still you wish to use this channel, that (indeed!) forces black vs. white logic? There must be better places, I am sure.
A little harsh, maybe. I see the post as an invitation to discuss the pros and cons of that plane. ;)

koninckske

Post by koninckske »

Was it a dicission by Brussels Airlines or by Frankfurt to give the contract to cityjet? ... failure in a big way of German control

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

koninckske wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 22:13 Was it a dicission by Brussels Airlines or by Frankfurt to give the contract to cityjet? ... failure in a big way of German control
These decisions are still under the control of SN management, although I'm pretty sure they refer to LH before finalising their decisions...

@pitrix : nice selection of SSJ100 flights!
André
ex Sabena #26567

jan_olieslagers

convair wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 21:56
jan_olieslagers wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 20:42 And still you wish to use this channel, that (indeed!) forces black vs. white logic? There must be better places, I am sure.
A little harsh, maybe. I see the post as an invitation to discuss the pros and cons of that plane. ;)
Hm. Guilty, your honour. I must admit I have a natural furiosity when the simple black vs. white "discussions" turn up - as they do more and more. This forum has always maintained high standards of quality, and that's one thing I like about it.

As for "discussing the pros and cons of that type of airliner", we already have a thread for that.