Brussels Airlines in 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Luke777

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by Luke777 »

I hope the germans are aware of the fact that the big revenue in SN long haul comes for a very big part from business seats sold to africans (afri-belges) who will not buy tickets if departures move to germany, not even if they arrange shuttles...

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

cathay belgium wrote: 05 Jan 2019, 11:18 Hi,

So in fact when they stop a flight in Brussel and they send pax via FRA to India because of a not profitable route,Well... In this case not any route will be moved to Germany but stopped ;)
Well I don't think that they will move many flight to FRA because in that case well ... Competition Will take over..

Cxb
Not sure what you are trying to say here, is your post a google translate from another language?
But, in the BOM case, competition already tried and gave up so that proves the route is not viable. Offering a flight via FRA because a direct route is not viable has nothing to do with transferring capacity to Germany.

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

Luke777 wrote: 05 Jan 2019, 12:08 I hope the germans are aware of the fact that the big revenue in SN long haul comes for a very big part from business seats sold to africans (afri-belges) who will not buy tickets if departures move to germany, not even if they arrange shuttles...
Luke, please, don’t make up stories, it starts to sound as you have an axe to grind!
AFI flights are NOT moved to Germany, quite the opposite, there will be more flights between BRU and AFI once SN stops flying to BOM.
Last edited by Poiu on 06 Jan 2019, 09:53, edited 1 time in total.

Luke777

Post by Luke777 »

No problem Poiu, then we will re-evaluate the growth and staff-welfare of SN within 6 months

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Win a meet and greet with all 5 Belgian icons:

https://www.facebook.com/148064996643/p ... 631211644/

Traveler

Post by Traveler »

Did Brussels Airlines cancel the launch of flights to Wroclaw?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Traveler wrote: 09 Jan 2019, 19:50 Did Brussels Airlines cancel the launch of flights to Wroclaw?
Yes, indeed. But they didn't brag about it :(
André
ex Sabena #26567

Vic Diesel

Post by Vic Diesel »

Does anyone know the details of a rather unusual Brussels Airlines flight? It flew today under SN1191 on CDG-BUD (it was OO-SSA) - was that a re-positioning flight or some special charter?
Best regards,
Viktor

(Budapest-born, Vienna-raised, Brussels-based)

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

The CDG-BUD was a special charter flight, but since you were on that flight you can give more info ? how did you book to get on that plane ? or was it something for your work or similar ?

on some days the plane stays the whole day in CDG until the return the day after so instead of sitting around SN found a creative way to keep it flying
Citybird
The flying dream

Vic Diesel

Post by Vic Diesel »

No, I wasn't on that charter flight, got aware of it as one Hungarian spotter friend asked me whether SN conducted scheduled flights to BUD originating in CDG. I told them rather not and that it was probably a charter or a re-positioning flight, although the latter one woulld have made little sense to me.
Best regards,
Viktor

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

oooh ok I read too quick, saw I in stead of IT /-) OO-SSA flew indeed from CDG to BUD with passengers and afterwards re positioning empty back to CDG as it's needed for the flight back to Brussels tomorrow morning in stead of keeping the plane the whole day in Paris on the ground they sold it to a broker to operate a needed flight
Citybird
The flying dream

Vic Diesel

Post by Vic Diesel »

CTBke wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 17:20 oooh ok I read too quick, saw I in stead of IT /-) OO-SSA flew indeed from CDG to BUD with passengers and afterwards re positioning empty back to CDG as it's needed for the flight back to Brussels tomorrow morning in stead of keeping the plane the whole day in Paris on the ground they sold it to a broker to operate a needed flight
So it flew CDG-BUD - WITH passengers? Under an SN flight number? Wow, now THAT is a bit odd... How often does such a flight occur?
Best regards,
Viktor

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

It did fly CDG-BUD with passengers indeed, if the flight number starts with 1 it's mostly a charter flight while 9 stands for a ferry flight to position the airplane. SN didn't do it that much (apart from all the football charters) but it happens to maximize the revenue and using parked planes. During summer there are more flights starting with 1 to holiday destinations if it's exclusively for a tour operator. the reason why it's still SN at front is because it's a private flight, not for an airline.
Citybird
The flying dream

convair

Post by convair »

CTBke wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 17:37 It did fly CDG-BUD with passengers indeed, if the flight number starts with 1 it's mostly a charter flight while 9 stands for a ferry flight to position the airplane. SN didn't do it that much (apart from all the football charters) but it happens to maximize the revenue and using parked planes. During summer there are more flights starting with 1 to holiday destinations if it's exclusively for a tour operator. the reason why it's still SN at front is because it's a private flight, not for an airline.
Indeed, I noticed quite a number of charter flights operated by SN, mainly on Saturdays.

To Hurghada and Marsa Alam, they sometimes have up to 3 flights each on the same day if you include the "regular" flights. I have been wondering why the don't combine some and fly the A330 i.s.o. the A319/320, as I guess timing is not that important for holiday travelers to these destinations.

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

I have a feeling the A330s are also needed dearly to operate the normal long haul schedule, and they don’t really have a spare to operate a charter flight.
Thomas

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

KriVa wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 07:59 I have a feeling the A330s are also needed dearly to operate the normal long haul schedule, and they don’t really have a spare to operate a charter flight.
exactly , and regarding the Egypt flights, some of them are for touroperators while others are just the regular flights so not that easy to combine it in one . And no spare A330 at the moment
Citybird
The flying dream

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

2019: probably the last year of Brussels Airlines :cry:

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Boavida wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 15:24 2019: probably the last year of Brussels Airlines :cry:
The last complete year I guess
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

TLspotting wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 15:26
Boavida wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 15:24 2019: probably the last year of Brussels Airlines :cry:
The last complete year I guess
Is this speculation or you have inside information????
If it's speculation again please shut up.....
Hasta la victoria siempre.

b720

Post by b720 »

Well, it is definitely not going in the right direction..
More towards a full lcc. Catering for C class downgraded on European flights, bottled water removed from the lounges.. and last night I witnessed check in agents hartasing people including c class and priority with their hand luggage. They actually forced people to pack their duty free purchases into their hand luggage! It seems that from now on duty free purchases amount to an item of hand luggage.. let s see how long that will last before BRU airport does something about it.