SN and its air fare classes (Y, K, L, ...)

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
evyncke

SN and its air fare classes (Y, K, L, ...)

Post by evyncke »

Unsure whether it is the right place to ask... but flyertalk has not the answer :-(

How can I know the air fare class of a Brussels Airlines reservation before buying / confirming the reservation?

The different tariff / classes of SN are for European flights Check & Go, Light & Relax, Flex & Fast and Business but it does not say anything about the fare class (usually a letter such as Y for full-fare economy, or C for full-fare business and other letters for not full fare economy/business)...

As I need to add 3000 qualifying miles on my United Airlines account before end of the year to re-qualify as 1K, I would love to know which fare classes are those SN classes (as there are multipliers).

Thank you

-éric :?:

b720

Re: SN and its air fare classes (Y, K, L, ...)

Post by b720 »

Usually the flex gets u 1250 miles per sector
And u add 25% if you are gold memeber.

evyncke

Post by evyncke »

More talking on the qualifying miles not so much over the 'award' miles but thank you anyway

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Hi,

Yes I know the feeling, having lost M&M status 6-7 years ago for reaching 99 875 miles only (while they forgot a BRU-JFK and another long haul flight that I was too late to report) :evil:

Here is what I do :
After selecting your flights, you hit the Continue button.

Then be real quick to notice on the next page the booking class (say B,M, ).
This page is replaced by the next one within 2 seconds :?
Best it to hit the F12 Print Screen on your keyboard.

Screenshot 2018-11-15 12.44.30.png

Then you go to the M&M Meilenrechner.de to calculate you status miles according to the flight segments and booking class.
Well, now you are too late as Kaizer M&M does not allow this on the web anymore and you are invited to use their app. Good luck with that one.

H.A.

b720

Post by b720 »

evyncke wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 11:13 More talking on the qualifying miles not so much over the 'award' miles but thank you anyway
These are status miles

evyncke

Post by evyncke »

Homo Aeroportus wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 13:06
Then be real quick to notice on the next page the booking class (say B,M, ).
This page is replaced by the next one within 2 seconds :?
Excellent, I will give it a try :-)

Also found a nice tool which can help https://matrix.itasoftware.com/

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

b720 wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 13:43
evyncke wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 11:13 More talking on the qualifying miles not so much over the 'award' miles but thank you anyway
These are status miles
Status miles for Miles&More, but OP wants to credit into his UNITED MleagePlus account.

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

Ansett wrote: 17 Nov 2018, 10:05 In order to know how may award miles and elite qualifying miles/segments you earn with SN flights on United's MileagePlus frequent flyer program, you go to United's home page (www.united.com), click on MileagePlus, then on Earn award miles, then on Airline Partners and finally on brussels airlines and you get all the info needed. ;)
Indeed, all correct, but to get the info you need, you need the booking class, hence OP’s question!