A further deterioration of the Brussels Airport website

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Passenger

Re: A further deterioration of the Brussels Airport website

Post by Passenger »

The new website also shows the actual flight status (example: "Disembarking").

And the new website also shows the registration of the aircraft - see "Aircraft Information". Which is a great improvement, isn't it?

Example: today's incoming Etihad EY-057 Abu Dhabi-Brussels:
https://www.brusselsairport.be/en/passe ... 5240EY057A
Etihad Airways
Airbus Industrie A330-200
A6EYF

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Passenger wrote: 28 Sep 2018, 07:41 The new website also shows the actual flight status (example: "Disembarking").

And the new website also shows the registration of the aircraft - see "Aircraft Information". Which is a great improvement, isn't it?

Example: today's incoming Etihad EY-057 Abu Dhabi-Brussels:
https://www.brusselsairport.be/en/passe ... 5240EY057A
Etihad Airways
Airbus Industrie A330-200
A6EYF
The first information that a typical passenger is entitled to expect is where a plane goes and where it comes from and at what time. Not specifically its registration even if it amuses enthusiasts. And that the "new" site is not able to give it!

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

nordikcam wrote: 28 Sep 2018, 10:37 The first information that a typical passenger is entitled to expect is where a plane goes and where it comes from and at what time. Not specifically its registration even if it amuses enthusiasts. And that the "new" site is not able to give it!
What do you mean with "where a plane goes and where it comes from"?
Because that basic flight information is already shown from day one of the new site:
https://www.brusselsairport.be/en/passe ... s/arriving
https://www.brusselsairport.be/en/passe ... /departing

The difference with the old site is that we don't have a 24 hour overview anymore - one has to check per 2 hours.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Passenger wrote: 28 Sep 2018, 10:47
nordikcam wrote: 28 Sep 2018, 10:37 The first information that a typical passenger is entitled to expect is where a plane goes and where it comes from and at what time. Not specifically its registration even if it amuses enthusiasts. And that the "new" site is not able to give it!
Because that basic flight information is already shown from day one of the new site:

The difference with the old site is that we don't have a 24 hour overview anymore - one has to check per 2 hours.
Explained over and over again here. Flight 203 today does not go to Dakar but it goes to Banjul. Dakar does not exist ... but perhaps we can no longer go to Dakar, in which case, in fact, the information is no longer necessary. Flight 285 goes to Cotonou but does not go to Abidjan anymore ... but maybe we can not go to Abidjan anymore and so on. A disaster ! But maybe there is no more direct flight to Dakar, Abidjan etc. etc.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

nordikcam wrote: 28 Sep 2018, 11:14

Explained over and over again here. Flight 203 today does not go to Dakar but it goes to Banjul. Dakar does not exist ... but perhaps we can no longer go to Dakar, in which case, in fact, the information is no longer necessary. Flight 285 goes to Cotonou but does not go to Abidjan anymore ... but maybe we can not go to Abidjan anymore and so on. A disaster ! But maybe there is no more direct flight to Dakar, Abidjan etc. etc.
Triangle flights are shown with their end destination. It's indeed something that needs to be amended. Example: your favourite flight SN203 is Brussels-Dakar-Banjul. Flight number SN203 is shown correct and departure time 11h30 is shown correct too. Let's hope that no passenger for Banjul stayed at home, thinking his/her flight was cancelled...

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Passenger wrote: 28 Sep 2018, 11:41
nordikcam wrote: 28 Sep 2018, 11:14

Triangle flights are shown with their end destination. It's indeed something that needs to be amended. Example: your favourite flight SN203 is Brussels-Dakar-Banjul. Flight number SN203 is shown correct and departure time 11h30 is shown correct too. Let's hope that no passenger for Banjul stayed at home, thinking his/her flight was cancelled...

I fully understand that you are trying to be right. I have no problem recognizing that you are right. I want to know the time of departure of the flight of Dakar, I must enter the destination Banjul. Logic. I have to get someone coming from MontegoBay and want to check what time it's coming, I obviously have to look for Varadero. Logic again. All this is surreal, so Belgian and you have 100,000 times reasons!No problem with that !

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

nordikcam wrote: 28 Sep 2018, 13:04 I fully understand that you are trying to be right. I have no problem recognizing that you are right. I want to know the time of departure of the flight of Dakar, I must enter the destination Banjul. Logic. I have to get someone coming from MontegoBay and want to check what time it's coming, I obviously have to look for Varadero. Logic again. All this is surreal, so Belgian and you have 100,000 times reasons!No problem with that !
I know that it is almost forbitten to contradict what is suggested in this topic title, but the aviation business has invented flight numbers to avoid problems like you are facing.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

And of course everyone knows that a monday a TB flight number starts with a 1 and sunday with a 7...for Departures ! That a SN flight to Dakar is 201 or 203 or 205 and that SN' East African flights begin with a 4 !

It would be especially so much smarter, clever, friendly, to write Banjul via Dakar but it is probably terribly complicated to set up! We are in Belgium !

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

I wonder why I even still do another effort to reply on these childish discussions but OK that probably says something about me as well xp

It is obvious that it is not acceptable that part of your (key) destinations are missing in your flight lookup and I don't understand why BAC launches the website without this feature working. On the other hand I doubt very much it will have a major impact. When you arrange for someone to pick you up you usually give a destination a flight number (maybe that's less the case for the type of flights as Montego Bay etc, but even then it's not smart not to do it) and a time, so despite the missing destination info that's enough to find the flight. However I repeat again, I don't understand BAC didn't make sure this is working fine before launching the website considering the high amount of long haul triangular flights at BRU.

For the rest I really don't understand what's wrong with this website. It finally brings BRU to the 21st century with a modern website which also looks perfect on mobile devices, which in a blink of an eye shows the most searched information on an airport website, all information which is useless for 99% of the users of the website has been moved to secondary 'other sites' which don't clutter the possibilities for normal users to search what they want to know (flights, how to get there, etc). And yes the commercial part has a big role in it too, but what would you do yourself as a private company aimed at making a certain profit? Can you blame BAC for that? They are not forced to be a service provider without a clear commercial goal. If you want that, you need your government to invest time and money in it, don't expect private investors to do it for you. And anyway, I don't find the commercial info disturbing or annoying on this website at all.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I recognise that BAC made efforts in recent days to address the shortcomings that appeared in the first days their new site was online.

However, an important feature used by many travellers has still not been re-introduced: the timetables. For people looking for future travel from Brussels, the only way is to rely on airlines (which ones? not always obvious) or on google.
André
ex Sabena #26567

PttU

Post by PttU »

jan_olieslagers wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 17:57 IPV4 vs. IPV6 is a communications/internet protocol, Mr (haha) geek. Nothing to do with the content of the website. And that is the subject matter of this thread.

And (if we may go off-topic) what do you mean by "CDN"? Using codes and acronyms may make you seem a geek to some - others prefer simple facts and plain terminology.
CDN is a Content Delivery Network, servers close(r) to the visitors of the website that provide the static content. Not to be confused with Woodward Field Airport :p
Using codes and acronyms may make you seem a geek to some - others prefer simple facts and plain terminology.
That's quite a statement on a forum where M&M members are discussing a/c in certain c/s flying from three letter codes to four letter codes (or vice versa), asking whether it's a T7 or 789 flying for LH or OS in the *A. :lol:

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

There are no more timetables on the new BRU site or I can not find it ? Need to have a typical week in January on ACCRA ... impossible. And SN schedules are not updated. Welcome to the "amateurs" !

Just received an answer of Mick from BRU : Impossible to have access to the timetables till new update. Country of surrealism : we have an international airport unable to publish timetables!

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

I recently had an exchange with the services of Arnaud Feist about the new airport site ... the lack of schedule and the problem of flights with stops : as a reminder if you want to know to which time arrives the flight from Cancun you have to enter Varadero, which is an extreme subtlety for the average traveler.
Here is an answer made today:

Dear Sir,

Our computer scientists have identified the problem and are working to solve it as quickly as possible. Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience.

Yours,

Arnaud Feist

Chief Executive Officer

Brussels Airport Company

T 02-753 43 33 F 02-725 20 31

E [email protected]

www.brusselsairport.be

convair

Post by convair »

nordikcam wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 14:38 Here is an answer made today:
Dear Sir,

Our computer scientists have identified the problem and are working to solve it as quickly as possible. Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience.

Yours,

Arnaud Feist

Chief Executive Officer

Brussels Airport Company

T 02-753 43 33 F 02-725 20 31

E [email protected]

www.brusselsairport.be
The problem was first mentioned on this thread on September 23, more than 10 weeks ago!!! :lol:

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

convair wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 17:45
The problem was first mentioned on this thread on September 23, more than 10 weeks ago!!! :lol:
Of course, but let's see the glass half full: there was an answer and maybe an identification of the problem ..wait and see ! ;)

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Arnaud Feist new mail telling me that the problem of "stops" on the website of BRU is set ... in fact, it says "via" now! And finally, with these necessary adjustments, the site is more user-friendly, say it like that!

Cher Monsieur,

Le problème a été résolu et la fonctionnalité est de nouveau opérationnelle. N’hésitez pas à nous contacter si vous avez d’autres remarques ou suggestions.

Bien à vous,

Arnaud Feist

Chief Executive Officer

Brussels Airport Company

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

The Airport ombudsman asks Brussels Airport to remove a page glorifying the Boeing 737 MAX

Boeing 737 MAX: the strange communication of Brussels Airport
25/07/19 at 11:58

"Good news for the airport, local residents and the environment: TUI fly expands its fleet with four Boeing 737 MAX aircraft.The latest model by American aircraft manufacturer Boeing emits 14% less CO2 and 40% less noise All thanks to its new engine and exceptional aerodynamic design, the quieter aircraft are a blessing for our airport. "

The information, published on the site of the Brussels airport, is, to say the least, surprising: this aircraft, involved in two accidents that made some 346 victims in October 2018 and March 2019, is now prohibited from flying in a large number countries, including Belgium, and for most airlines.

Contacted by Le Vif/L'Express, the spokeswoman for the airport ensures that this information, immediately accessible on the site, is old and dated from before the accidents. But there is no date on this highly praised statement, other than a "Terms of Use 2018" at the bottom of the page.

"We plan to either leave this release on the site stating when it dates, or to delete it outright," said the spokeswoman.
André
ex Sabena #26567