Sunday 7 October 2018: visit Belgocontrol during the 2018 Open Bedrijvendag / Journée Découverte Entreprises

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Passenger

Sunday 7 October 2018: visit Belgocontrol during the 2018 Open Bedrijvendag / Journée Découverte Entreprises

Post by Passenger »

Belgocontrol is one of the Belgian enterprises, opening its doors to the public on Sunday 1st October 2018, during the 2018 Open-Bedrijven-Dag / Journée-Découverte-Entreprises.

Belgocontrol - NL:
https://www.openbedrijvendag.be/belgocontrol

Belgocontrol - FR:
https://www.jde.be/belgocontrol

For most visits that day, registration is not required. You will just have to queue lot. For safety reasons however, registration for the Belgocontrol visit is required. Registration opens next Monday, 17th Sept, at 10h00, and will probably already close a few seconds later... The link to the registration form will soon appear on the two above web pages. There's already some practical information there.

Forum topic on last year's event:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=62089
Last edited by luchtzak on 14 Sep 2018, 16:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: First Sunday of October, hence 7 October

luchtzak

Re: Sunday 01 Oct 2018: visit Belgocontrol during the 2018 Open Bedrijvendag / Journée Découverte Entreprises

Post by luchtzak »

You need to be quick like Lucky Luke to register for Belgocontrol!

Passenger

Re: Sunday 7 October 2018: visit Belgocontrol during the 2018 Open Bedrijvendag / Journée Découverte Entreprises

Post by Passenger »

People living near Brugge/Bruges will probably also like this:
Advionics Oostkamp:
https://www.openbedrijvendag.be/advionics

pitrixplanespotting

Re: Sunday 7 October 2018: visit Belgocontrol during the 2018 Open Bedrijvendag / Journée Découverte Entreprises

Post by pitrixplanespotting »

Someone any idea whether you can take a camera with you (take pictures) and how long the visit is?
Thanks in advance :)

sn26567

for a visi

Post by sn26567 »

pitrixplanespotting wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 19:03 Someone any idea whether you can take a camera with you (take pictures) and how long the visit is?
When I visited the tower a few years ago with a group of journalists, I was allowed to take pictures, but for a visit of hundreds of people, I'm not sure whether it will be allowed. I think you might go to the lower level in order not to disturb the active controllers, and there, photography would be no problem.
André
ex Sabena #26567

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

Photography will not be a problem in the Control Tower.
You’ll visit the tenth floor, the “Training Floor”, so you won’t be seeing the active controllers. You’ll have to be quick, though. Visits only last about ten minutes and those are over before you know it.
Photography will not be allowed in the CANAC viewing gallery.
Thomas

pitrixplanespotting

Re: for a visi

Post by pitrixplanespotting »

sn26567 wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 20:48
pitrixplanespotting wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 19:03 Someone any idea whether you can take a camera with you (take pictures) and how long the visit is?
When I visited the tower a few years ago with a group of journalists, I was allowed to take pictures, but for a visit of hundreds of people, I'm not sure whether it will be allowed. I think you might go to the lower level in order not to disturb the active controllers, and there, photography would be no problem.
In the description they say indeed that we go to the ATCO training level and there is nowhere mentioned that we can't bring a camera, so I guess it is allowed! 8-)
Thanks for your answer anyway!
KriVa wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 20:59 Photography will not be a problem in the Control Tower.
You’ll visit the tenth floor, the “Training Floor”, so you won’t be seeing the active controllers. You’ll have to be quick, though. Visits only last about ten minutes and those are over before you know it.
Photography will not be allowed in the CANAC viewing gallery.
Thanks and wow 10 minutes is really short... :o

MD-11forever

Post by MD-11forever »

I was there last year, and it is indeed allowed to take pictures in the control tower (the training floor indeed).
And I can confirm that those 10 minutes lasted like it was 1 minute ;)

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

I think I'm going to try my luck at Advionics, in the morning. Anyone else coming? @Passenger: thanks for the tip!