2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

jan_olieslagers

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by jan_olieslagers »

I should think their present offer (two flights weekly?) is way below what the diamond traders and bankers require - their absolute minimum must be a day return for business without overnight stay.

Avnu

Post by Avnu »

jan_olieslagers wrote: 01 Sep 2018, 17:45 I should think their present offer (two flights weekly?) is way below what the diamond traders and bankers require - their absolute minimum must be a day return for business without overnight stay.
It's four flights a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday), but you're right, that's not nearly enough. On top of that, they're at hugely inconvenient times for business traffic, leaving ANR at 2pm.

Avnu

Post by Avnu »

Antwerp to Southend going daily except Saturdays as of September 25th with new flights on Tuesday and Thursday leaving Antwerp at 18h00 (14h00 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 15h30 on Sunday).

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Avnu wrote: 04 Sep 2018, 14:42 Antwerp to Southend going daily except Saturdays as of September 25th with new flights on Tuesday and Thursday leaving Antwerp at 18h00 (14h00 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 15h30 on Sunday).
Full story: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/flyb ... -southend/
André
ex Sabena #26567

AAI

Post by AAI »

i's' a pity they do not fly on saturdays
because for these low cost tickets there is certainly a market on day 6

Avnu

Post by Avnu »

AAI wrote: 04 Sep 2018, 19:11 i's' a pity they do not fly on saturdays
because for these low cost tickets there is certainly a market on day 6
I would agree but of course if a Saturday flight would also leave at 6pm that wouldn't make it all that attractive.

AAI

Post by AAI »

of course, on day 6 a morning flight is necessarily

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

For sale via auction: 6 old vehicles, like the old Saab friction tester:

https://www.io-auctions.com/online-veil ... by-nbr-tab

Please note: you have to add 41,57% costs to the auction price: 21% VAT, 17% auction costs and 21% VAT on this 17%

And a hint for Aviation24.be members only: do not bid before the last 5 or 10 minutes of the auction. If you bid now already, you give others candidate buyers more time to think about a higher bid. If you wait with your bid till the last 5 minutes of the auction, you surprise them.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Will the Pipistel Alpha Electric do some circles around ANR this afternoon, or is just landing and parking?

https://www.aviation24.be/airports/antw ... mber-2018/

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Passenger wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 09:37 Will the Pipistel Alpha Electric do some circles around ANR this afternoon, or is just landing and parking?
https://www.aviation24.be/airports/antw ... mber-2018/
Report local tv ATV:
https://atv.be/nieuws/video-eerste-elek ... port-65406

Avnu

Post by Avnu »

Looking at the online Flybe timetable / fare calendar, it's now clear that the two extra flights per week will not continue past early January. The achedule goes back to four flights a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday) as from January 7th.

Sai

Post by Sai »

According to this article on GVA.be (in dutch);
Flying Group invests € 1.5 million in Antwerp Airport.

Summary:
The Flying Group company is investing 1.5 million euros in a new building at Antwerp Airport. "I believe in the future of the airport," says managing director Bernard Van Milders. "Europe will not reject the state support."
Flying Group offers direct private flights from Antwerp Airport to destinations in Europe, the United States and China.
The company has 45 aircraft of which 15 are based in Antwerp.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Sai wrote: 25 Sep 2018, 14:44 According to this article on GVA.be (in dutch);
Flying Group invests € 1.5 million in Antwerp Airport.

Summary:
The Flying Group company is investing 1.5 million euros in a new building at Antwerp Airport. "I believe in the future of the airport," says managing director Bernard Van Milders. "Europe will not reject the state support."
Flying Group offers direct private flights from Antwerp Airport to destinations in Europe, the United States and China.
The company has 45 aircraft of which 15 are based in Antwerp.
This morning Aviation24.be had a conversation with FlyingGroup, this is the article: https://www.aviation24.be/business-jet- ... p-airport/

Sai

Post by Sai »

Thanks luchtzak!

Nice to see investments in ANR are continued
Sai wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 13:42 "In the next 3 to 5 years we also want to build a departure hall that is almost 3 times as large as the current one. A 3-star hotel will be built on top of that departure hall.
The plans still have to be approved by the City of Antwerp."

Source: GVA
But I guess this one has been put back on the shelf?
Anyone more info on that?

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

Today was the inaugural flight ANR - TNG (Tangier) - TUIFly E190

FLYAIR10

Post by FLYAIR10 »

It seems the Belair brasserie at ANR is shrinking down its opening hours the coming weeks/months.
No opening on mon,tue,wed and on thursday only from 11till19. Open in the weekend though fm 11 till 22hrs.
Reasons claimed: no longer its own entrance and stopping of VLM-flights which led to a lot less customers apparently.
EGIS is not happy with it as Belair is contractually supposed to have the brasserie open every day of the week.

https://www.hln.be/regio/antwerpen/bras ... ~a9a3f5e8/

Hopefully flights to at least LCY will resume any of the coming months...

saratoga

Post by saratoga »

It seems to go from bad to worse in ANR. I also think the paid parking is not really helpful either. Time for a new plan Marcel.

jan_olieslagers

The paid parking certainly has kept me away! Then again, I am not an airline passenger anyway so perhaps I am not a factor of loss... The reduction of service at BelAir is bad too, but quite understandable. They are not a charity, after all.

koninckske

Post by koninckske »

What kept me away is that I have been in front of a closed door several times when I wanted to spend some money there. For morning departures they were closed. For evening arrivals they were closed. Roof terras closed when the weather was good, because no staff for the service... I can take it upstairs myself, but still closed. And at these times VLM was still flying... very unprofessional attitude for an airport bar/brasserie/restaurant. They should let someone else run that place.

jan_olieslagers

I agree and sympathise with your frustration, but your conclusion is too easy. If the present operator meets the conditions of the contract, who can blame them? The crux is in the contract conditions. All too easy, and all too much dependent on "volumes". Volumes which the tourist operations obviously did not attract.

At the same time, the lack of food&bar service might well chase off the high-yielding bizjet operators - leaving the airport with only one operator of a handfull of tourist services, plus a few low-yielding repair shops and flight schools (who can go anywhere if their rent goes up very much). The Flemish government would do well to put on their thinking cap, and reconsider their strategical view on their airports - their current policy seems set to ruin all opportunities their limited assetts have to offer.
Last edited by jan_olieslagers on 28 Nov 2018, 18:20, edited 2 times in total.