TUI fly Belgium in 2018

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Poiu

Re: TUI fly Belgium in 2018

Post by Poiu »

ironspan wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 12:07 No, that is not difficult on a fixed base sim. In fact you start on a sim and then finally you go to a short-field airport as co-pilot with the chief pilot as captain. And then you completed your training.
What you write doesn’t make sense. During route checks the captain is in the left seat whilst the trainer is acting as first officer.
Do you know the difference between a fixed base and a full flight sim?

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

A FFS is very expensive to buy, to operate, and to maintain.
You need a FFS only for some well defined procedures that need to be accomplished during training.
All the rest can be done on FTD, much cheaper and easier to install in a building, you don't need tons of concrete to stabilize the sim, nor you need a little electrical powerplant to run it.
Some deals are that you lease the sim for a couple of years. If you don't need it anymore, you can return it to the supplier.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

TUI fly flight from Charleroi to Algiers delayed 25 hours last weekend:

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/tui-f ... -25-hours/
André
ex Sabena #26567

ironspan

Post by ironspan »

To poiu
Does not matter FTD or FFS, my point is that they should give some of their 737 crew short-field training, that is what I wanted to emphasize. How to do that, I am sure there are many specialsts which can explain on this forum (no need to insult).
To Desert Rat
Thx for your explanation, very helpful

Clearly, TuiFly Flight Ops have some issues to solve, 25hrs delay in CRL, last week Palma-flight returning to BRU because docs are not filled out correctly, and OO-JEB still grounded at ANR...

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

ironspan wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 15:24 and OO-JEB still grounded at ANR...
exactly a week since it completed its last flight... This can't be just a mechanical/electronics issue, can it?? Even an engine swap doesn't take that long.
Pure speculation, but maybe something bent or wrinkled on the last landing??

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

It seems a technical issue with the two slides, no spare slides in Europe... the problem will be solved tomorrow.

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

Boeing767copilot wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 21:34no spare slides in Europe
for the SSJ100, spare-part unavailability would not surprise me, but the E190/5 operating all over Europe (maybe even the same slides in the E170/5? ), strange that none are available within 48hrs. Or "Fedex it" from Zodiac in the US....
But with a daily leasing cost well beyond the 5K€ mark, I'm sure everybody did its utmost best to get it fixed asap. Let's hope it will fly again tomorrow, after 8 days AOG.

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

OO-JEB just airborne from ANR, stopping the climb at 3000ft.
On its way to BRU, probably.
Thomas

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

OO-JVA out of ANR to Ibiza(?) made a U-turn over central France and returned to ANR.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airc ... a#1ce61629

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

OO-JVA still AOG...
OO-JEM taken out of the BRU schedule and repositioned to ANR this afternoon

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

An aircraft from CRL to ALC is delayed from 06:30 to 14:30...
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

ironspan

Post by ironspan »

Today OO-TEA is AOG in ANR, pax are transferred again by bus to BRU, OO-JVA now taken over some flights. From family/friends I hear more and more that ANR is very convenient and easy to fly from/to, but the frequent delays and or diversions through BRU are getting noticed and will finally lead to lower load factors. And then they can say again that flying from ANR is not profitable (or how to destroy your own business). I have no idea what is the issue with OO-TEA (technical or crew issue), but reliability of TuiFly is poor. And the airport authorities are again non-responsive, they are proud to announce we may achieve 300.000 pax this year but it looks (from the outside) that they do not care about their pax, complete silence again...

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

ironspan wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 13:57 From family/friends I hear more and more that ANR is very convenient and easy to fly from/to, but the frequent delays and or diversions through BRU are getting noticed and will finally lead to lower load factors. And then they can say again that flying from ANR is not profitable (or how to destroy your own business). I have no idea what is the issue with OO-TEA (technical or crew issue), but reliability of TuiFly is poor.
Operations our of ANR are complex and have a lot of restrictions (nightban, no low visibility operations, special crew training,...).
The convenience of flying out of Antwerp comes with the risk of the occasional busride to BRU.
You may not like it, but it is what it is, due to the nature of the beast, just accept it without being too dramatic.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Poiu wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 14:37
ironspan wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 13:57 From family/friends I hear more and more that ANR is very convenient and easy to fly from/to, but the frequent delays and or diversions through BRU are getting noticed and will finally lead to lower load factors. And then they can say again that flying from ANR is not profitable (or how to destroy your own business). I have no idea what is the issue with OO-TEA (technical or crew issue), but reliability of TuiFly is poor.
Operations our of ANR are complex and have a lot of restrictions (nightban, no low visibility operations, special crew training,...).
The convenience of flying out of Antwerp comes with the risk of the occasional busride to BRU.
You may not like it, but it is what it is, due to the nature of the beast, just accept it without being too dramatic.
When that is what it is, then those additional conditions have to be communicated as such to the passengers before they book. People bying a ticket only or a TUI package are told "to/from Antwerp". And not "...maybe Antwerp, maybe Brussels because Antwerp has a lot of restrictions, and when it's going to be Brussels don't expect any refund although tickets and packages out of Antwerp are more expensive then out of Brussels".

ironspan

Post by ironspan »

To: passenger
I fully agree with you. Customer should not be told ‘it is what it is’, this is typical Belgian behaviour, no eye for the Customer. When a person books on TuiFly, he/she should not be explained that flights cannot be guaranteed because of special crew training, or nightban (in Rotterdam and Eindhoven, there are also nightbans, but it works very well), or runway restrictions. People who left for Palma today, lost more than 1/2 day of their (long awaited) annual holidays because of this lack of customer care. And on top they paid more to fly from ANR.
To: poiu
Completely disagree. If you would have a competent flight ops organisation, this would not happen. Nothing to do with the nature of the beast, it has to do with the right mindset and chosing the right priorities. Maybe not dramatic to you, but in the eyes of a family who was looking forward to their vacation, this is dramatic and frustrating. Imagine TuiFly would do the opposite, bring pax from BRU to ANR or OST to fly, I think social media would explode.

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

Allow me to make this counterpoint: what would your alternative be?
Thomas

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

ironspan wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 16:48
Completely disagree. If you would have a competent flight ops organisation, this would not happen.
Right, as you seem to be an expert in flight ops ... What would you do then?
Passenger wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 15:26 People bying a ticket only or a TUI package are told "to/from Antwerp". And not "...maybe Antwerp, maybe Brussels because Antwerp has a lot of restrictions, and when it's going to be Brussels don't expect any refund although tickets and packages out of Antwerp are more expensive then out of Brussels".
As goes for every single airport in the world. The smaller and more challenging the airport, the bigger the chance that something will go wrong. Rather than simply cancelling the service TUI at least does an effort to find a solution.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

It would help if some would read what others say. Like ironspan wrote - and I quote partially: "...the frequent delays (at ANR) and or diversions through BRU are getting noticed..." That is absolutely correct: what is happening last weeks, is too abnormal to be acceptable. If TUI sells "Antwerp", they must deliver that. After all, both aviation legislation and travel legislation have the principle of "resultaatsverbintenis", and not "inspanningsverbintenis" (= it's not enough that you try your best: there must be a result).

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

OO-JVA was the current OST E190. By taking it out of its OST-PMI-ANR (& back) schedule, it was able to operate today's schedules (FLR & TLN) and the coming days out of ANR. Moving the PMI pax to BRU allows for spare capacity/planes to be found to continue the OST schedule. Finding spare capacity/planes for ANR operations is virtually impossible.
With all of ANR's operational limitations, E190 operations haven't been that bad, only the AOG's of recent weeks makes one wonder if it's just bad luck or are the E190's starting to live up their 'hangar queen' reputation...

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Passenger wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 21:34 It would help if some would read what others say. Like ironspan wrote - and I quote partially: "...the frequent delays (at ANR) and or diversions through BRU are getting noticed..." That is absolutely correct: what is happening last weeks, is too abnormal to be acceptable. If TUI sells "Antwerp", they must deliver that. After all, both aviation legislation and travel legislation have the principle of "resultaatsverbintenis", and not "inspanningsverbintenis" (= it's not enough that you try your best: there must be a result).
If you look at figures for funchal or gibraltar for example you’ll find that ANR ops are actually more then acceptable.