Air Belgium in 2018

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Vic Diesel

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by Vic Diesel »

Everything already shows "sold out"...
Best regards,
Viktor

(Budapest-born, Vienna-raised, Brussels-based)

sonic boom

Post by sonic boom »

See you saturday! Booked 2 seats in bizz :)

Vic Diesel

Post by Vic Diesel »

Alas, so it will only be the first flight of the day for me. Would have loved to take flight no. 2 as well, in a different travel class. But still I'm on the morning flight at least!
Best regards,
Viktor

Vic Diesel

Post by Vic Diesel »

PS: I guess they could easily fill up two planes for Sunday 22nd April as well!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Best regards,
Viktor

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

I tried to book seats (any seats, really) at 1205, but they were all sold out. Tough luck. I guess it does show the interest in this endeavour, though.
Thomas

Vic Diesel

Post by Vic Diesel »

KriVa wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 12:11 I tried to book seats (any seats, really) at 1205, but they were all sold out. Tough luck. I guess it does show the interest in this endeavour, though.
Well, booking was open as of 11:58 and the system let you enter all your pax details, billing address - just to inform you afterwards that the tickets were not available anymore. If this was a dry run for the booking system as well, then it turned out to be an utter f*ckup... :evil:
Best regards,
Viktor

airtrainer

Post by airtrainer »

Vic Diesel wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 12:22
Well, booking was open as of 11:58 and the system let you enter all your pax details, billing address - just to inform you afterwards that the tickets were not available anymore.
Same for me, and I even selected a seat in Y to "play safe" :(

Vic Diesel

Post by Vic Diesel »

airtrainer wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 12:33
Vic Diesel wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 12:22
Well, booking was open as of 11:58 and the system let you enter all your pax details, billing address - just to inform you afterwards that the tickets were not available anymore.
Same for me, and I even selected a seat in Y to "play safe" :(
The only consolation for me is the Y ticket for the morning flight. Wanted to be on the afternoon flight as well - this time taking a friend with me as well... Alas, at least I can hope to spot the departing aircraft in the afternoon!

The booking system was #SimplyFeckedUp - was there no shopping queue during the checkout?!
Best regards,
Viktor

Shonix

Post by Shonix »

I guess both flights will be filled with a certain proportion of avgeeks ;)

Vic Diesel

Post by Vic Diesel »

Shonix wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 12:37 I guess both flights will be filled with a certain proportion of avgeeks ;)
I also guess that a good portion of those seats were never REALLY up for sale: you know how badly family & friends need free flights. And press guys as well who usually get their buttocks polished by airline PR-guys' tongues in exchange for some "friendly articles"... :evil:
Best regards,
Viktor

etopsflyers

Post by etopsflyers »

I've started booking business class and before I even entered my card details it was sold out!
Thankfuly I got an economy seat 😅
I think the whole flight was sold out in less than 8minutes.

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

Vic Diesel wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 12:45
Shonix wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 12:37 I guess both flights will be filled with a certain proportion of avgeeks ;)
I also guess that a good portion of those seats were never REALLY up for sale: you know how badly family & friends need free flights. And press guys as well who usually get their buttocks polished by airline PR-guys' tongues in exchange for some "friendly articles"... :evil:
I'm press and i paid, following the rules. Only a place in Y in the morning, an verry hapy

Vic Diesel

Post by Vic Diesel »

Airbus330lover wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 12:54
Vic Diesel wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 12:45
I'm press and i paid, following the rules. Only a place in Y in the morning, an verry hapy
Then see you Saturday morning - I got lucky with a single Y ticket for that flight as well!

(At least if you paid for your ticket, you can write your own honest opinion without feeling obliged to be nice to the company. I like that, thumbs up!)
Best regards,
Viktor

etopsflyers

Post by etopsflyers »

Do you have any information about seat selection?
Do we just walk in and take a seat or can we preselect a seat before flight?

Thanks!

MiStEr-T

Post by MiStEr-T »

I have a business class seat on the second flight :twisted:

What about the seating ? It's the first on the check-in line rule ?

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

I have a lounge seat for both flights.

I will watch you all on Flightradar24 ànd on Planefinder.net.

Shonix

Post by Shonix »

From what I heard regarding seat selection, they are "unable" to assign seats ahead of time. I guess the seats will be randomly given during check-in. They'll just make sure to assign seats for passengers under the same reservation next to each other.

I just wonder if the check-in agents at BSCA will be allowed to assign seats on basis of the "first on the check-in line" rule or simply print out the seat assignment done by Air Belgium.

Vic Diesel

Post by Vic Diesel »

Shonix wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 13:53 From what I heard regarding seat selection, they are "unable" to assign seats ahead of time. I guess the seats will be randomly given during check-in. They'll just make sure to assign seats for passengers under the same reservation next to each other.

I just wonder if the check-in agents at BSCA will be allowed to assign seats on basis of the "first on the check-in line" rule or simply print out the seat assignment done by Air Belgium.
Well, I try to keep my optimism. And even if I end up in one of the middle seats: since this is a special flight, I expect a lot of avgeeks on board. So in the "worst case" I'll have to sit for 3hrs talking to newly-made friends.

See you on the morning flight! :D
Best regards,
Viktor

Shonix

Post by Shonix »

Vic Diesel wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 14:10
Shonix wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 13:53 From what I heard regarding seat selection, they are "unable" to assign seats ahead of time. I guess the seats will be randomly given during check-in. They'll just make sure to assign seats for passengers under the same reservation next to each other.

Well, I try to keep my optimism. And even if I end up in one of the middle seats: since this is a special flight, I expect a lot of avgeeks on board. So in the "worst case" I'll have to sit for 3hrs talking to newly-made friends.

See you on the morning flight! :D
Indeed, let's enjoy the fact that we're part of the "lucky ones" who will be flying of the very first passenger flight.

A friend just told me: for security reasons, online check-in will open 24hours prior to the flight, thus allowing seat selection. Further information will be given by email.

Vic Diesel

Post by Vic Diesel »

Shonix wrote:Indeed, let's enjoy the fact that we're part of the "lucky ones" who will be flying of the very first passenger flight.
THAT's exactly my point of view!
Shonix wrote:A friend just told me: for security reasons, online check-in will open 24hours prior to the flight, thus allowing seat selection. Further information will be given by email.
Thanks for the information! Sounds like another merry session of furiously hitting the F5-button! :lol:
Best regards,
Viktor