Airline catering material - Interested ?

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

Air_Lac

Airline catering material - Interested ?

Post by Air_Lac »

Yesterday I went to the Depot 48, Mechelsesteenweg 48, 1910 Kampenhout / Boortmeerbeek (close to the Mc Donald's restaurant).

They sell a lot of liquidation stuff, amongst which quite a number of airline catering material, mainly from the following companies:
- Conair
- Citybird
- Sobelair

The material sold is amongst others, napkins, cutlery, plates, glasses bowls, metal storage boxes, trolley(!) and diposable material...all with the airline logos.

Just though some of you might be interested...I bought a small trolley, cups, glasses and some cutlery.

Nothing from Sabena though...does anybody know if and where one can still buy Sabena catering material (plates/glasses etc.)

Jense

Re: Airline catering material - Interested ?

Post by Jense »

Air_Lac wrote:The material sold is amongst others, napkins, cutlery, plates, glasses bowls, metal storage boxes, trolley(!) and diposable material...all with the airline logos.
Damn, I needed a trolley this weekend... :(
Anyway, still thanks for sharing :!:

greettzzz

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

Air_Lac wrote:The material sold is amongst others, napkins, cutlery, plates, glasses bowls, metal storage boxes, trolley(!) and diposable material...all with the airline logos.
I see this too in Thailand: they are selling mostly used and also non-used inflight catering equipment.
The small glassware is nice, and for the ones that collect 'pepper and salt', there are a lot of these things for sale now. I guess that's because many an airline changed its catering plan, and 'p&s' are not longer in demand, because all they give is sweet or chocolated. Where is the time that the airline omelette needed 'p&s'? Now your cake roll is rapped in plastic foil, and when you get a roll that was in the corner of the box, they carry your food in, it is not even round anymore. In 20 years there will be nothing left to sell in an hangar off the airports, except maybe some leftover of this foil.
Airline ashtray are becoming a rarity.
I have still a chinaware Sabena one, thelarge sqare one. Every office seemed to have been issued one in the early 70ties. Since I was not a smoker, I put it deep in the drawer of my desk, where I found it years later, intact. For some reason, I then discarded its original carton box. It is not very very old that one, although > 30 years, but I inherited an already old one from my manager in the mid 70ties, when he retired, saying that he was not allowd to smoke at home. So I got that > 50 years now, ashtray as well, it came with his office (job). And the furniture there was from the fifties, remember the Sabena visitors chairs? When I had to leave that office (for Africa, where the furniture was made from metal pipes and plywood, I had to leave behind these nice things. Does somebody have pictures of these kind of shell seats? He or she would do me a great pleasure posting them here.

Victorblaise

Post by Victorblaise »

Wow! I know it’s been a long time but I am looking for a trolley. I don’t really care which airline even if SN or Sabena,TUI would be amazing. Could you help me? I really hope so!

Cheers

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Victorblaise wrote: 29 Jan 2018, 22:19 Wow! I know it’s been a long time but I am looking for a trolley. I don’t really care which airline even if SN or Sabena,TUI would be amazing. Could you help me? I really hope so!

Cheers
Hi Victorblaise, and welcome to aviation24.be

I hope some of our readers will be able to help you. AFAIK, some SN trolleys have been sold recently to SN staff. Maybe one of them might help?
André
ex Sabena #26567

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

One condition to buy it was to buy it for personal purpose, not to resell it...

Victorblaise

Post by Victorblaise »

So sad.. I hope I’ll still be able to find one anyways! Probably in the future when I’ll be staff at SN one day ;) thank you all so much for your answers!

Sam V

Post by Sam V »

Victorblaise wrote: 29 Jan 2018, 22:19 Wow! I know it’s been a long time but I am looking for a trolley. I don’t really care which airline even if SN or Sabena,TUI would be amazing. Could you help me? I really hope so!

Cheers
LH sells some in the worldshop

https://www.worldshop.eu/en/category/Av ... Qz8l3GKxzA

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

You can still buy ex Air berlin trolleys via their auction

https://www.dechow.de/auction/category/32962/14028169
Citybird
The flying dream

MatthewGunnell

Post by MatthewGunnell »

I have still a chinaware Sabena one, thelarge sqare one. Every office seemed to have been issued one in the early 70ties. Since I was not a smoker, I put it deep in the drawer of my desk, where I found it years later, intact. For some reason, I then discarded its original carton box. It is not very very old that one, although > 30 years, but I inherited an already old one from my manager in the mid 70ties, when he retired, saying that he was not allowd to smoke at home.