2018 Namur Airport (EBNM) latest news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Desert Rat

2018 Namur Airport (EBNM) latest news

Post by Desert Rat »

jan_olieslagers

Re: 2018 Namur Airport (EBNM) latest news

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Hehe, they are becoming a real airport indeed :) Then again, the comments to the Nimby take some distance.
One must really say Wallonia is more aviation-minded than Flanders - or at least they are less anti-aviation. Good for them! I think I'll move to Wallonia when I retire.

simnam

Post by simnam »

In french :
https://www.rtbf.be/info/regions/namur/ ... id=9871598

Short sumary: information session given to ebnm neighbour, major concern linked to week-end activities (i.e. Not sonaca aircraft has they are working on business hours)

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

European certification on the way for the Sonaca 200

https://actu-aero.fr/2018/03/20/sonaca- ... ace-belge/

Nonante-Deux

Post by Nonante-Deux »

FR : https://www.rtbf.be/info/regions/detail ... d=10077074

TL;DR:
One of the requirements for Sonaca Aircraft was to take off all year round, so EBNM has turned their grass runway to an asphalt one.
Also a new hangar has been built.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

The Namur airfield has its new runway!
19 November 2018

The Namur airfield in Temploux is undergoing a makeover! New hangar and especially new tarmaced runway. Since mid-September, pilots have been able to take advantage of this new 690-metre long track.

Now, the aerodrome can be active almost all year round, which was not the case with the old grass runway "I have been flying on the Temploux runway for 35 years and we have suffered every year in winter", says Olivier de Spoelberch, President of the aerodrome, "Because of the rain, the grass turns into mud and so the planes are really handicapped to fly. It is often impossible to fly for several months". With this hard runway, the aerodrome should no longer close due to an impassable runway.

Another positive point of this new runway is that the planes take off faster. The take-off distance is reduced by 30% to the delight of the inhabitants of the neighbouring village of Temploux "If we take off faster, we can turn faster and therefore avoid flying over the village", says the president.

Sonaca sets up at the aerodrome to build its 100% Belgian aircraft

The interest of this track is also economic. The aerodrome will house a hangar from aircraft manufacturer Sonaca Aircraft. He will assemble and test a black-yellow-red model, the Sonaca 200 "They wanted a hard runway so they could test their planes all year round," says Benjamin de Broqueville, the aerodrome's managing director, "We immediately accepted and now they can work during the 12 months of the year".

The director is very proud of this agreement with the Belgian aircraft manufacturer "Quelle fierté ! Honestly, that's great! It is often said here in Namur that the only 100% Belgian car is created with Vertigo. Well, here in the hangars of the Namur airfield, we are creating a 100% Belgian aircraft. I think it's wonderful! ". The Managing Director hopes that this training aircraft will be sold worldwide. It is well underway, 6 specimens have already been ordered by the Turkish Ayjet flying school based in Istanbul.

With the arrival of Sonaca and its new 2000 m² hall, some thirty jobs have been created and more are expected to follow. The Managing Director also told us that several companies have expressed an interest in the aerodrome and could also come and settle there.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

100% Belgian aircraft is exaggerated. For example the engine is Austrian. 100% assembled in Belgium would be closer to reality.
André
ex Sabena #26567

jan_olieslagers

I'll bet you the brakes are not made in Belgium, either, neither the tyres, nor the radio, &c &c
Even more important, the design bases upon foreign work (South Africa, I think?) though they claim it was re-designed from scratch.

Still, it is as Belgian as a light plane could be these days. They have all my sympathy and support!

jan_olieslagers

"the first time in decades that a Belgian aeroplane had been launched". Hm, that could be argued. Dynali, anyone? Calypso? Aviasud Mistral? The SV4RS ULM replica? Lambert Mission?

Worse, I see very little actual news in this "article". But I don't doubt the journalist got (at least) a very fine dinner for her efforts... Nothing wrong with the company, at the contrary; but this kind of "news" has little added value, if any.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Belgian AAIU - Safety Investigation Report for 'runway excursion' tijdens de landing van een Grumman AA5B vliegtuig op het vliegveld van Namen/Suarlée op 25 juli 2018 / 'sortie de piste' lors de l’atterrissage d’un avion Grumman AA5B le 25 juillet 2018 à l’aérodrome de Namur/Suarlée.

pdf (222KB):
https://mobilit.belgium.be/sites/defaul ... -25-01.pdf