Air Belgium in 2018

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Bralo20

Re: Air Belgium: a rebirth?

Post by Bralo20 »

teddybAIR wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 14:54 If I am nog mistaking, a real flag is also mirrored on one of both sides! 🤔
You are correct:

Captain's side (left): correct order
Co-pilot's side (right): backward order

This because a flag on a "vessel" (ship, plane) is seen floating in the wind with the nose/bow being the flag mast. Therefor the left side of the plane has the flag in correct order while the right side has it in reverse order. Or with the Belgian flag: black, yellow, red seen from the left and red, yellow, black seen from the right.

According to the pictures of OO-ABB the flag besides the registration is placed incorrect (at least on the right side). Unfortunately a flag or the correct depiction of a flag besides the registration isn't mandatory by law (in Belgium, in other countries it is).

Yeah, I know, i'm an annoying guy that keeps bringing it up :mrgreen: :mrgreen: But if you have the audacity to call your airline "Air Belgium" then the least one could do is get the flag right. 8-)

Bralo20

Re: Air Belgium in 2018

Post by Bralo20 »

BTW: Does anyone finds it odd that the registrations seem to be temporary? They seem to be placed over another registration?

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

Most probably it has it's original registration still underneath .. and maybe it'll be placed somewhere else once they apply the stickers
Citybird
The flying dream

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

CTBke wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 15:16 Most probably it has it's original registration still underneath .. and maybe it'll be placed somewhere else once they apply the stickers
That's what I thought also, but why not just remove the previous registration at all? Anyway, we shall see eventually what will happen :D Someday, sometime...

Just found it a bit curious ;)

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

Bralo20 wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 15:26
CTBke wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 15:16 Most probably it has it's original registration still underneath .. and maybe it'll be placed somewhere else once they apply the stickers
That's what I thought also, but why not just remove the previous registration at all? Anyway, we shall see eventually what will happen :D Someday, sometime...

Just found it a bit curious ;)
could be sort of try before you buy ;-)
Citybird
The flying dream

Amavro

Post by Amavro »

https://www.sabena-aerospace.com/painti ... labelling/

Why everyone is talking about stickering and not painting ? :-)

Homo Aeroportus

Re: Air Belgium: a rebirth?

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Bralo20 wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 15:10

Yeah, I know, i'm an annoying guy that keeps bringing it up :mrgreen: :mrgreen: But if you have the audacity to call your airline "Air Belgium" then the least one could do is get the flag right. 8-)
Not that I fear you'd be running short of steam but just in case don't forget to bring up that the official Belgian flag has the unique property of having a 13:15 height to length ratio.
So it is almost square while most others are "2 x 3".
Not sure any aircraft on the Belgian register is compliant on this.
;)

H.A.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Amavro wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 17:04 https://www.sabena-aerospace.com/painti ... labelling/

Thanks for reminding. But I haven't seen many of their works in recent times. Allt the SN paint work is done abroad nowadays.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Today and also the next days: several audits and a couple of test flights in presence by inspectors from the Belgian CAA. Looks like the AB AOC can be granted the earliest between the 23'th and 28'th March. So, at least another 2 weeks to go. Wait and see.

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

sn26567 wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 19:23
Amavro wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 17:04 https://www.sabena-aerospace.com/painti ... labelling/

Thanks for reminding. But I haven't seen many of their works in recent times. Allt the SN paint work is done abroad nowadays.
special ones are done in Ostrava and regular ones depending on the market price but abroad
Citybird
The flying dream

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

Regarding the “flag issue”:
I was watching a Justplanes DVD of movements at Brussels Airport round about 1998, and noticed OO-ILJ, a 737 of Air Belgium (at that time). It had the Belgian flag incorrectly painted in the right hand side of the aircraft as well.
Perhaps they’re doing a nostalgic nudge to the previous iteration of Air Belgium by doing it the same way?
Thomas

Shonix

Post by Shonix »

Boeing767copilot wrote: 07 Mar 2018, 05:33 Today and also the next days: several audits and a couple of test flights in presence by inspectors from the Belgian CAA. Looks like the AB AOC can be granted the earliest between the 23'th and 28'th March. So, at least another 2 weeks to go. Wait and see.
2 more weeks, seriously? What a joke...

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Shonix wrote: 07 Mar 2018, 20:02
Boeing767copilot wrote: 07 Mar 2018, 05:33 Today and also the next days: several audits and a couple of test flights in presence by inspectors from the Belgian CAA. Looks like the AB AOC can be granted the earliest between the 23'th and 28'th March. So, at least another 2 weeks to go. Wait and see.
2 more weeks, seriously? What a joke...
Their site always shows that the opening of the bookings will be done at the end of February. If they are as accurate about their schedules to China ... it will be a daily celebration. What will they do with passengers if a flight is canceled in Charleroi in the event of a technical problem or bad weather?

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

What will they do ? Lol
GO BUST probably ,....

Still a good joke which will keep us busy this year ....

Hoping I’m so wrong !

Still no bookings, no pax, only 1 destination!
2 plane which can’t operate with full load !
No Connections, no FR help Yet...

Euh ,.. if the focus is on Hong Kong , that city must be full of publicity by now no ?

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

Avgeek flight perhaps..... ASAP

JustPlanes

Post by JustPlanes »

Airlinegeeks posted an interview on Wednesday

https://airlinegeeks.com/2018/03/07/air ... -with-ceo/

Shonix

Post by Shonix »

cathay belgium wrote: 07 Mar 2018, 22:03 Hi,

What will they do ? Lol
GO BUST probably ,....

Still a good joke which will keep us busy this year ....

Hoping I’m so wrong !

Still no bookings, no pax, only 1 destination!
2 plane which can’t operate with full load !
No Connections, no FR help Yet...

Euh ,.. if the focus is on Hong Kong , that city must be full of publicity by now no ?

CXB
They work with chinese tour operators... Their planes won't be empty for the first flights.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Shonix wrote: 08 Mar 2018, 09:44 They work with chinese tour operators... Their planes won't be empty for the first flights.
I don't know the Chines touroperating market. But I know a bit about the Belgian travel trade, and a Belgian touroperator can't simply switch from carrier on short notice. Airlines here want to make sure that group bookings and allotments are not cancelled on short notice. So they apply a routine check to avoid last minute cancellations - example "90-60-30": a touroperator has to reconfirm a group on 90 days. First names have to be given on 60 days. And all names must be given on 30 days. Tickets numbers are given once payment is received.

So I cannot imagine that a Chinese touroperator, who has confirmed bookings with another carrier, will be allowed by that airline to cancel hundreds of passengers without penalty, just to switch them to a competition airline.

FLYAIR10

Post by FLYAIR10 »

Shonix wrote: ↑
08 Mar 2018, 09:44
They work with chinese tour operators... Their planes won't be empty for the first flights.
I don't know the Chines touroperating market. But I know a bit about the Belgian travel trade, and a Belgian touroperator can't simply switch from carrier on short notice. Airlines here want to make sure that group bookings and allotments are not cancelled on short notice. So they apply a routine check to avoid last minute cancellations - example "90-60-30": a touroperator has to reconfirm a group on 90 days. First names have to be given on 60 days. And all names must be given on 30 days. Tickets numbers are given once payment is received.

So I cannot imagine that a Chinese touroperator, who has confirmed bookings with another carrier, will be allowed by that airline to cancel hundreds of passengers without penalty, just to switch them to a competition airline.
Well, If they don't carry a 'full' load of passengers,they can at least lift some 15-25 tons of cargo I would think.
Hopefully bringing in some revenue for those almost empty PAX-flights.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

According to pagtour.info, AB delayed their first flight to the first 15 days of April, instead of March !
http://pagtour.info/exclusif-air-belgiu ... -mi-avril/
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting