Attention passengers: new PNR/API legislation 01/01/2018: name on the ticket must be the correct ID-name

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Passenger

Attention passengers: new PNR/API legislation 01/01/2018: name on the ticket must be the correct ID-name

Post by Passenger »

Brussels Airlines has informed the travel trade that they will apply the new PNR/API legislation, effective 01st January 2018. The legislation implies a zero tolerance for differences in the name on the ticket, the name on the the boarding pass and the name on the ID-card or the passport.

Brussels Airlines will check this for all flights, including Schengen flights.

The new law applies also for children.
Last edited by Passenger on 22 Dec 2017, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.

Acid-drop

Re: Attention SN passengers: new PNR/API legislation 01/01/2018: name on the ticket must be the correct ID-name

Post by Acid-drop »

good luck to Oçgül Gómez-Mágganù
a lot can go wrong ;)
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Bralo20

Re: Attention passengers: new PNR/API legislation 01/01/2018: name on the ticket must be the correct ID-name

Post by Bralo20 »

I wonder if the tickets need to be booked then with the complete name or the way it's written on the ID card?

Like most older folks I have 3 first names, contrary to the old days only my second is written in full on the ID while the third is only mentioned by the first letter, however, I think that the chip of the ID card has the full third name stored on it. My international passport has my 3 names fully written on it.

So how do we book a ticket? Only the first "first" name, the first and second name with the third only being the first letter or all names complete?

Just curious :mrgreen:

theeuropean

Re: Attention passengers: new PNR/API legislation 01/01/2018: name on the ticket must be the correct ID-name

Post by theeuropean »

My name is also complicated, 4 names in total and the shortest one is 8 letters long and for one of the names you have 2 different ways to spell it and in one of my passports you have the option which way to write it and on my ID the spelling is different than one of my other passports.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

And then there is the issue of ladies who change their last names to that of their husband when they get married (like in France, U.S., Poland, ...).

Apparently, to be able to fly, the name on the ticket and the boarding pass should be the same as the one on the ID document you are using when you travel (your identity card in most of Europe, your passport elsewhere). That should not be so difficult to realise...
André
ex Sabena #26567

airtrainer

Post by airtrainer »

Most of the time when I type my first name "Jean-François" I receive an error message as - and ç are not recognized by the systems. Guess I'm going to have some hard times if they want it to be accurate :D

thalenoi

Post by thalenoi »

Indeed "airtrainer", a real issue is coming to many of us.

And what if a difference gets detected during check in?
I got a passport for my little one a few months ago (luckily before I bought an international ticket where passport and visa is needed) and they made a mistake in the translation of her first name, passport valid for 5 years, I am not requesting a new one (read not ready to argue with provincial authorities who issue passports in Thailand), ticket is booked with the "wrong" name, and have documents in process of translation into English for her visa, I will check them thoroughly. I did send copy of her passport to the translation company and insisted they watch out for the first name. 3 people translating her first name will provide 3 different names form what I noticed....In Thai several consonants are "dead" or pronounced differently depending on where they are in the syllable (first-last)

How easy or difficult is it to change the name on a ticket if it gets noticed?