Miles & more moving to revenue based system

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Shengenzone

Miles & more moving to revenue based system

Post by Shengenzone »

As from March Miles & more award miles will be based on the ticket price/ amount spent.
For Brussels airlines and Eurowings you will receive less award miles per euro spent than for Swiss, Lufthansa, Austrian.
Attachments
sn.JPG

airtrainer

Re: Miles & more moving to revenue based system

Post by airtrainer »

Miles and More was already a joke...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Shengenzone wrote: 11 Dec 2017, 12:58 As from March Miles & more award miles will be based on the ticket price/ amount spent.
Similar to the new Flying Blue loyalty scheme of AF/KL.
Shengenzone wrote: 11 Dec 2017, 12:58For Brussels airlines and Eurowings you will receive fewer award miles per euro spent than for Swiss, Lufthansa, Austrian.
Once again, this shows that SN is considered as a second class airline in the LH group. A shame!
André
ex Sabena #26567

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

You are right why is there a different between LH and SN if you fly to Luanda for example....
Why is Brussels Airlines accepting that?!?!?
Hasta la victoria siempre.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Flying Scout wrote: 11 Dec 2017, 15:25 For a Miles&More base member, there is no difference between LH or SN. But you only receive fare x 4.
+50% executive bonus on LH = 6 x fare
+25% executive bonus on SN = 5 x fare

Why that difference?

(But you are right: for the base member, there is no difference)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Shengenzone

Post by Shengenzone »

Email to the base members:
Attachments
base.JPG
base.JPG (32.61 KiB) Viewed 3371 times

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Ansett wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 14:39 And how many status miles will I get ?
The miles status system is not changing it's like now....

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I asked Brussels Airlines about the reason for such a difference. Here is their reply:
Miles&More has indeed decided to make a split between the Hub carriers Swiss, Lufthansa and Austrian on one side and the Lufthansa Group carriers Eurowings and Brussels Airlines on the other side.

This said, as soon as the new system is in place and throughout 2018, all status members flying on Brussels Airlines will also receive factor 6; hence Brussels Airlines will align with Lufthansa, Swiss and Austrian. The communication to our members will be made in January.
André
ex Sabena #26567

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Ansett wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 20:36
sn26567 wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 20:19 I asked Brussels Airlines about the reason for such a difference. Here is their reply:
Miles&More has indeed decided to make a split between the Hub carriers Swiss, Lufthansa and Austrian on one side and the Lufthansa Group carriers Eurowings and Brussels Airlines on the other side.

This said, as soon as the new system is in place and throughout 2018, all status members flying on Brussels Airlines will also receive factor 6; hence Brussels Airlines will align with Lufthansa, Swiss and Austrian. The communication to our members will be made in January.
So, SN is not a hub airline (lol) and the second paragraph is ludicrous : Why not say it now ???
lumumba wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 18:26
Ansett wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 14:39 And how many status miles will I get ?
The miles status system is not changing it's like now....
Why don't they specify it in their communication ? Thanks for the answer, Lumumba.
Hey Ansett.
They did if I remember well in the mail they send that's where I got the information.

Shengenzone

Post by Shengenzone »

Another change to the miles and more program for Brussels Airlines.
The economy class A tickets will no longer be eligible for miles nor count as a segment for frequent travellers...

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Ansett wrote: 20 Dec 2017, 16:34 Any explanation for this ?
It's the same with others airlines...for example with TAP in the lowest class you don't earn miles neader.

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Shengenzone wrote: 19 Dec 2017, 13:13 Another change to the miles and more program for Brussels Airlines.
The economy class A tickets will no longer be eligible for miles nor count as a segment for frequent travellers...
I don’t remember having seen that Booking Class “A” with SN.
The lowest fares, hence those ranking lowest for miles, are KLET (easy to remember when you live in Brussels). ;)
But OK, I just checked by having a look at the Meilenrechner web site (easy to remember when you live +100km East of Brussels) : ;) ;)
https://www.meilenrechner.de/earn_miles ... nguage=eng

Hey, here it is :
Screenshot 2017-12-20 19.21.21.png
But nevertheless this Booking Class “A” does give you miles.
A passing remark : You have the choice between Brussels Airlines and Lufthansa as "OPERATING Airline".
:?

OK, OK, then click on the (i) Icon next to the Title “Booking Classes” :
The Pop Up pops up and …. there is no “A” booking class there, only the KLET fare.
Screenshot 2017-12-20 19.29.06.png
Screenshot 2017-12-20 19.29.21.png
Screenshot 2017-12-20 19.29.21.png (6.4 KiB) Viewed 2644 times

Go figure !

Room for improvement at M&M I'd say.

H.A.

Shengenzone

Post by Shengenzone »

I had european "class A" tickets.
I didnt receive miles. (which i use to get) Contacted SN and they said this is new and hadnt been adapted yet on the M&M website.
So they are busy with updating the website with the new information...
old table still online:
Attachments
hnj.JPG

fets

Post by fets »

I flew TXL-BRU on SN on an A fare Dec 4th and credited to LH instead of SN loop. No miles yet either. :-( Guessing you should not expect miles for these Check&Go fares.

BAAV

Post by BAAV »

sn26567 wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 20:19 I asked Brussels Airlines about the reason for such a difference. Here is their reply:

I can confirm the above. I got a mail yesterday confirming the factor 6 or as it was announced '5+1: Brussels Airlines geeft u een extra reden om te glimlachen!', valid as from March 12th until the end of the year.

b720

Post by b720 »

What happens after end of 2018?
There will be a huge difference in miles accrual for status M&M members flying LX or LH vis a vis SN. Not very good for SN.