Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2017

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 37441
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2017

Post by sn26567 »

From The Aviation Herald:
Accident: United B763 near London on Nov 26th 2017, several passengers become sick in flight

A United Boeing 767-300, registration N653UA performing flight UA-31 from Munich (Germany) to Newark,NJ (USA), was en route at FL320 about 180nm west of London,EN (UK) when the crew decided to turn the aircraft around and divert to London Heathrow after a number of passengers complained about feeling light headed and sick with nausea. The aircraft landed safely in Heathrow about 45 minutes later.

Medical Services entered the aircraft and checked a number of passengers, one passenger was taken off the airSometimeme time later all passengers disembarked and underwent medical checks.

The airline reported the aircraft was removed from service, the passengers were rebooked onto other flights. Emergency services attended to the aircraft and examined the aircraft, all passengers disembarked and were examined by doctors.

The cause of the illnesses is under investigation.
:o
Capture_ua31.PNG
André
ex Sabena #26567

JustPlanes
Posts: 1418
Joined: 11 Aug 2008, 21:27
Contact:

SN241 OO-SFU squawk 7700

Post by JustPlanes »

Just following SN241 from Monrovia to Brussels.... squawking 7700 and quick descent to Paris CDG I believe...
Must be urgent if he couldn't make it to BRU!

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/lufth ... paris-cdg/

Poiu
Posts: 848
Joined: 14 Nov 2015, 09:38

Re: SN241 OO-SFU squawk 7700

Post by Poiu »

JustPlanes wrote: 27 Nov 2017, 04:21 Just following SN241 from Monrovia to Brussels.... squawking 7700 and quick descent to Paris CDG I believe...
Must be urgent if he couldn't make it to BRU!

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/lufth ... paris-cdg/
Indeed, from the diversion point, the difference in flight time between BRU and CDG must have been 15 minutes max.

Passenger
Posts: 6898
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: SN241 OO-SFU squawk 7700

Post by Passenger »

Poiu wrote: 27 Nov 2017, 10:43 Indeed, from the diversion point, the difference in flight time between BRU and CDG must have been 15 minutes max.
One quick check on FR24.com before you posted this, would have told you that the aircraft had already departed again from CDG ànd had already landed in Brussels. So most probably a medical diversion.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/oo-sfu

OO-SFU left Brussels at 11h22, as SN-371 to Douala.

sean1982
Posts: 3273
Joined: 18 Mar 2003, 00:00
Contact:

Re: SN241 OO-SFU squawk 7700

Post by sean1982 »

Passenger wrote: 27 Nov 2017, 13:36
Poiu wrote: 27 Nov 2017, 10:43 Indeed, from the diversion point, the difference in flight time between BRU and CDG must have been 15 minutes max.
One quick check on FR24.com before you posted this, would have told you that the aircraft had already departed again from CDG ànd had already landed in Brussels. So most probably a medical diversion.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/oo-sfu

OO-SFU left Brussels at 11h22, as SN-371 to Douala.
the point he was making is that whoever needed medical assistance, must have needed it pronto, as from the diversion point the remaining flying time to BRU would have only been 15 min longer then CDG.

User avatar
Av24.be
Posts: 4487
Joined: 09 Nov 2003, 00:00
Contact:

Re: SN241 OO-SFU squawk 7700

Post by Av24.be »

sean1982 wrote: 27 Nov 2017, 14:15
Passenger wrote: 27 Nov 2017, 13:36
Poiu wrote: 27 Nov 2017, 10:43 Indeed, from the diversion point, the difference in flight time between BRU and CDG must have been 15 minutes max.
One quick check on FR24.com before you posted this, would have told you that the aircraft had already departed again from CDG ànd had already landed in Brussels. So most probably a medical diversion.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/oo-sfu

OO-SFU left Brussels at 11h22, as SN-371 to Douala.
the point he was making is that whoever needed medical assistance, must have needed it pronto, as from the diversion point the remaining flying time to BRU would have only been 15 min longer then CDG.
It was a medical diversion, a passenger suffered a heart attack.

Inquirer
Posts: 2088
Joined: 14 Feb 2012, 14:30

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2017

Post by Inquirer »

In an unrelated incident reported in the newspapers today, another flight of Brussels Airlines from Africa had to divert to Las Palmas because one of its passengers on board gave bird to twins: one baby was born in flight the other on the ground.

Poiu
Posts: 848
Joined: 14 Nov 2015, 09:38

Re: SN241 OO-SFU squawk 7700

Post by Poiu »

sean1982 wrote: 27 Nov 2017, 14:15
Passenger wrote: 27 Nov 2017, 13:36
Poiu wrote: 27 Nov 2017, 10:43 Indeed, from the diversion point, the difference in flight time between BRU and CDG must have been 15 minutes max.
One quick check on FR24.com before you posted this, would have told you that the aircraft had already departed again from CDG ànd had already landed in Brussels. So most probably a medical diversion.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/oo-sfu

OO-SFU left Brussels at 11h22, as SN-371 to Douala.
the point he was making is that whoever needed medical assistance, must have needed it pronto, as from the diversion point the remaining flying time to BRU would have only been 15 min longer then CDG.
Exactly! and CDG being a bigger airport the time difference from diversion point to medics onboard was probably in the region of 5 minutes. 5 minutes can be the difference between life an death though!
Pilots are paid to take split second decisions, afterwards lawyers spend years to judge if the decision was correct or not...

Passenger
Posts: 6898
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: SN241 OO-SFU squawk 7700

Post by Passenger »

Poiu wrote: 27 Nov 2017, 18:10 Exactly! and CDG being a bigger airport the time difference from diversion point to medics onboard was probably in the region of 5 minutes. 5 minutes can be the difference between life an death though!
Thanks for explaining that for an aircraft coming from Africa, CDG is a closer airport then BRU. I didn't know that.

By the way, it's not the size of the airport that saves lifes in case of an heart attack. An onboard AED and a short distance from the airport to a qualified hospital are more important. Example: distance from the very small Antwerp Airport to Middelheim Hospital is far less then from the big Brussels Airport to Jan Portaels Hospital in Vilvoorde. Don't know for Paris though.

User avatar
KriVa
Posts: 1389
Joined: 31 Mar 2010, 20:15
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2017

Post by KriVa »

Keep it calm, guys. I’ve been in quite a happy mood the last few weeks, don’t go spoiling that...

EDIT: Told you. Topic cleaned up.
Thomas

User avatar
galaxy
Posts: 722
Joined: 25 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Universe
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2017

Post by galaxy »

Inquirer wrote: 27 Nov 2017, 16:46 In an unrelated incident reported in the newspapers today, another flight of Brussels Airlines from Africa had to divert to Las Palmas because one of its passengers on board gave bird to twins: one baby was born in flight the other on the ground.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flig ... 04#f9d6c0f

Today in GVA ( only in Dutch):

http://www.gva.be/cnt/dmf20171127_03211 ... -en-mezelf

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 37441
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2017

Post by sn26567 »

Ryanair flight FR2493 from Tenerife South to Leeds Bradford (Boeing 737-800 reg. EI-ENV) diverted to Bournemouth. Reason unknown.
Screenshot_20171129-001823.png
André
ex Sabena #26567

airtrainer
Posts: 446
Joined: 21 Apr 2011, 10:20
Location: Waremme
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2017

Post by airtrainer »

EC-IXZ, performing IB6841 MAD-EZE has diverted to TFS.


User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 37441
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2017

Post by sn26567 »

quixoticguide wrote: 30 Nov 2017, 10:35 LAX-AUH is diverting towards ???
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airc ... re#faf56c1

B77L A6-LRE
EDI
Screenshot_20171130-111111.png
André
ex Sabena #26567

airtrainer
Posts: 446
Joined: 21 Apr 2011, 10:20
Location: Waremme
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2017

Post by airtrainer »

airtrainer wrote: 30 Nov 2017, 08:38 EC-IXZ, performing IB6841 MAD-EZE has diverted to TFS.
Aircraft is still parked at a remote stand, cargo door open...

User avatar
KriVa
Posts: 1389
Joined: 31 Mar 2010, 20:15
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2017

Post by KriVa »

WOW320p KEF-LGW seems to have landed in BRU according to FR24?
1. Is this info correct?
2. If so, anybody with some more info? BRU seems like a strange place to divert to, considering the routing.
Thomas

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 37441
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2017

Post by sn26567 »

Finnair flight AY865 HEL-GOT had to divert to Turku, as a smell of smoke was detected in the aircraft. The plane landed safely and passengers were evacuated with slides. The passengers will be rerouted to GOT and the aircraft will now undergo a thorough examination.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Homo Aeroportus
Posts: 1263
Joined: 24 Feb 2007, 18:28
Location: 2300NM due South of North Pole

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2017

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

KriVa wrote: 03 Dec 2017, 18:57 WOW320p KEF-LGW seems to have landed in BRU according to FR24?
1. Is this info correct?
2. If so, anybody with some more info? BRU seems like a strange place to divert to, considering the routing.
Can’t find a WOW320p

According to FR24 and Flightstats.com there was a WOW810 KEF-LGQ that landed at 09:15 this morning at LGW

And later a WOW814 KEF-LGW, STA 18:55, Actual 18:25 at LGW

Could be a glitch at FR24.

H.A.

JVSpotter
Posts: 59
Joined: 05 Feb 2017, 11:27
Contact:

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2017

Post by JVSpotter »

Homo Aeroportus wrote: 03 Dec 2017, 19:47
KriVa wrote: 03 Dec 2017, 18:57 WOW320p KEF-LGW seems to have landed in BRU according to FR24?
1. Is this info correct?
2. If so, anybody with some more info? BRU seems like a strange place to divert to, considering the routing.
Can’t find a WOW320p

According to FR24 and Flightstats.com there was a WOW810 KEF-LGQ that landed at 09:15 this morning at LGW

And later a WOW814 KEF-LGW, STA 18:55, Actual 18:25 at LGW

Could be a glitch at FR24.

H.A.
Indeed landed at BRU. Flight can be found here: https://wowair.nl/informatie/flight-info/
Haven't found more info ;)

Post Reply