Air France new millenials subsidiary is called Joon

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Air France new millenials subsidiary is called Joon

Post by sn26567 »

Air France-KLM aims to launch a new medium- and long-haul carrier out of Paris-CDG in winter 2017, with 10 aircraft by 2020 and some 30% of operations focused on newly-created routes to the US and Asia.

The goal is to compete on costs with the Gulf carriers.

The aircraft will have no first class, but a KLM-type business class and an economy class.

Staff will be recruited in a separate way.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Re: "Boost", code name for a new Air France long-haul LCC

Post by sn26567 »

André
ex Sabena #26567

convair

Post by convair »

sn26567 wrote: Staff will be recruited in a separate way.
Strikes to be expected soon on Air France!

DeltaWiskey

Re: "Boost", code name for a new Air France long-haul LCC, has been called "JOON"

Post by DeltaWiskey »

If you thought "Level" was blunt, boring and uninspirational, Joon sets a new standard.

At least Level is more or less pronounced in the same way in different languagues. How do you pronounce Joon in French, English, German, Dutch (not Flemish, but "proper" Dutch)? Suddenly, Level seems to be well tought, it sounds much more international to me...

luchtzak

Re: "Boost", code name for a new Air France long-haul LCC, has been called "Joon"

Post by luchtzak »

I was expected to have an answer in this youtube movie about the correct pronunciation ...

jan_olieslagers

Re: "Boost", code name for a new Air France long-haul LCC, has been called "Joon"

Post by jan_olieslagers »

May I have my reserves about the criticism? Did anyone ever bother how to pronounce "Loftleiðir"? Yet that airline was successful, for a while. If the right product is offered at the right price, people will buy it. Even if the planes are brown/purple striped or the cabin crew wear Inuit outfit, or burkini or whatever.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

luchtzak wrote: 20 Jul 2017, 15:59 I was expected to have an answer in this youtube movie about the correct pronunciation ...

Are you sure that's Joon - the new airline? It looks more like the launch of a new cheap clothing brand.

rwandan-flyer

Post by rwandan-flyer »

And if this was not enough, Joon's boss clearly indicates that his airline targets the millenials, the age group 18-35, who are hyperconnected (internet, wifi, social media).
So, if you are 40 (or why not 50 or 60) and are also up-to-date with the latest IT technology, this airline is not for you ? Will they, however, be able to fill their planes with 18-35's only ? The airline claims it is not 'low cost', just cheaper than regular Air France flights. Imho, the 18-35s will still be looking for the cheapest offer.
Don't worry people over 40 will be able to fly without to be discriminate

I work at Roissy CDG and beleive me many people that i check at the security checkpoints on some destinations are very young. Thailand is a popular destination among young people in France. I will also add Cancun, Miami. Either it's band of friends living in the same disctrict, working in the same company, or who they are in the same classe room. Dubai is popular among young couples, (honeymoon) but i don't think that this route will be operated by Joon

I don't even talk about youg americains who come in France and also Europeans flying on EasyJet. Security Checkpoints at T2D is full from 5.00 a.m to 9 p.m, with many young people flying to UK, Spain or Italy.
Rwanda Aviation News (Drones, Air Force, Civil Aviation, Space, Air Balloon): https://www.facebook.com/RwandAn-Flyer-153177931456873

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

I am 40 years old and I am also hyperconnected :D

An American study proves that 1 out of 3 passengers over 40 travels at least every year, and 50% at least once per 6 months.

For 60+ that's 36% at least every year and 40% at least every 6 months.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/316 ... us-by-age/

if you are creating an airline based on age, that's a terrible marketing idea ...

If you are creating an airline besides Air France (or Hop!) it means that YOU ARE creating an airline to attack low cost carriers.

rwandan-flyer

Post by rwandan-flyer »

The biggest pb was the communication, from the airline. It was too light and so a litlle bit confusing.
They will bring more infos, in September and don't worry, you will able to fly on Joon^^ :P

Hotels chains are now targetting Milliennals (airlines have copied so many thing from the Hospitality)

Accor will launch Joe & Joe brand, in 2018 and Hilton will launch its milliennals brand, in 2019.

They are 16 million in France, and represent a third of the active population. They are the "millennials", or "children of the millennium", of consumers aged 15 to 34 scrutinized by the brands, watched by the brands. For the restoration and many other sectors, the stakes are high. By 2020, these millennials, borne by demography, will outnumber baby boomers - they are already in the United States - and provide, according to INSEE, half of the contingents of the French labor force. Where things get complicated is when it comes to understanding them, attracting them and retaining them around an offer.

http://www.neorestauration.com/article/ ... -ils,35094

It reminds me, my Hospitality studies, when we had create an hotel to target a specific customer (retirees, business, young, airline crew,..) and fill remaing rooms with "basic customers". :)
Rwanda Aviation News (Drones, Air Force, Civil Aviation, Space, Air Balloon): https://www.facebook.com/RwandAn-Flyer-153177931456873

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

convair wrote: 04 Nov 2016, 12:14
sn26567 wrote: Staff will be recruited in a separate way.
Strikes to be expected soon on Air France!
Agreements with the unions have been signed last week.
Pilots will be volunteers from mainline, cabin crew will be new recruits.
Pilots accepted the agreement against the advice of their union leaders. (70/30).

airtrainer

Re: The new Air France long-haul LCC has been called "Joon"

Post by airtrainer »

From the article linked above... "A spokeswoman for the airline said 40-year-olds will also be allowed on-board."
Wow, I really feel better with that one 😂😂😂

convair

Post by convair »

airtrainer wrote: 24 Jul 2017, 07:01 From the article linked above... "A spokeswoman for the airline said 40-year-olds will also be allowed on-board."
Wow, I really feel better with that one 😂😂😂
What a relief indeed! ;)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Air France unveiled details of its new subsidiary Joon, after resolving a lengthy dispute between the management and pilots over the establishment of the subsidiary. The carrier is expected to launch medium-haul service from Paris CDG in late 2017, with long-haul flights to follow in summer 2018.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sn26567 wrote: 25 Sep 2017, 11:04 Air France unveiled details of its new subsidiary Joon, after resolving a lengthy dispute between the management and pilots over the establishment of the subsidiary. The carrier is expected to launch medium-haul service from Paris CDG in late 2017, with long-haul flights to follow in summer 2018.
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/air-f ... ir-france/

They have dropped their age restriction (18-35), but they still present themselves as an airline not suitable for the older travellers.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Air France today officially presented Joon

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/air-f ... xperience/

I don't see them as a low-cost airline, I don't see them as a new generation travel experience either ...