VLM Airlines news 2017

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Mariborchanka

Re: VLM Airlines news 2017

Post by Mariborchanka »

Hey, its true. :)

And article in aur local newspaper Večer:
http://www.vecer.com/vlm-airlines-prido ... oc-6262233

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Passenger wrote: 11 May 2017, 12:29 AOC, dated 10th May 2017:
http://www.caa.si/fileadmin/user_upload ... ._2017.pdf
For only one F50 aircraft, OO-VLN ? :?
André
ex Sabena #26567

Mariborchanka

Post by Mariborchanka »

At the presentation in Maribor Mr. Pang said that by the end of March they bought two aircraft (Airbus), which will be registered in Slovenia. These aircraft will be used for the acquisition of Slovenian AOC. And now here is the result: AOC with old Fokker 50. :?

YOUTUBE: https://youtu.be/ZJF_UhLcWyE
Last edited by Mariborchanka on 11 May 2017, 14:11, edited 4 times in total.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Zdravo ! ;)

Follows this article of a Slovenian newspaper (I think) :
"On the website of the Agency for Civil Aviation of the date of marketing authorization for the carriage of passengers and cargo (AOC and operating license) entered the VLM Airlines, the airline, which is owned by Asian owners Aerodrom Maribor, SHS Aviation.

Recall that the March 27 afternoon conducted a technical flight from Belgian Antwerp to Maribor and back in order to obtain an AOC license. This is also a condition for the start of announced flights from Maribor, the license is otherwise also issued for the type of aircraft Fokker 50 marked OO - VLN.

Recall that the director of SHS Aviaton Siu Yin Pang March this year at the presentation airlines from Maribor in eight European cities said that commercial flights can be established one month after obtaining the certificate.

Obtaining a license for a Belgian online Travel Magazine also confirmed by Harm Jan Prins, which stands for operations VLM Airlines in Belgium and Slovenia, announced also the forthcoming flight operations from Maribor, while licensed AOC, which is VLM Airlines Newco in Belgium asked in September last year, still waiting.

The aforementioned web portal writes that the VLM stacionaral its six fokker 50 to Edvard Rusjan Airport, due to existing licenses should also announced the first two Airbus registered in Slovenia."
http://www.vecer.com/vlm-airlines-prido ... oc-6262233

Well,still waiting for VLM Airlines BE's AOC,but they can't operate with SHS Aviation's AOC during this time ?
If the "folder" of VLM Airlines is pending since september,that can be the same for Air Belgium ?

As mentionned,VLM is waiting for 2 Airbusses,maybe A320 family...

Greetings,
Thibault
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

It looks like the Belgian CAA is much more cautious than its Slovenian counterpart to grant an AOC.

I will abstain to comment on the reasons...
André
ex Sabena #26567

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

sn26567 wrote: 11 May 2017, 14:40 It looks like the Belgian CAA is much more cautious than its Slovenian counterpart to grant an AOC.

Country of surrealism ! :lol:

A318

Post by A318 »

sn26567 wrote: 11 May 2017, 14:40 It looks like the Belgian CAA is much more cautious than its Slovenian counterpart to grant an AOC.
Cautious? Just stubborn since it is an Flemish airline!
They will be more then happy to provide one for the "Wallonian" Air Belgium I think.
A Whole Different Animal

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

A318 wrote: 11 May 2017, 16:23
They will be more then happy to provide one for the "Wallonian" Air Belgium I think.
That's a little of politic,but anyway I have the impression that Flemishs are better served (and first) than Wallonians...

ironspan

Post by ironspan »

You will see, AOC for VLM will be granted around the same tining as the AOC for Air Belgium, since they target the same market (China). This is how it works in Belgium (balance between North and South). I am not sure which company is 'behind' in submitting the correct documents to the Directorate. But again I am surprised (or maybe not) that in this country with a long history in aviation, we cannot be as quick as Slovenia. None of the two companies wants to challenge the Directorate openly, because then for sure their files will be blocked. Anybody at Luchtzak.be works for the Directorate...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

A318 wrote: 11 May 2017, 16:23
The Air Belgium project looks much more serious than the VLM project. And I think that it is the uncertainty about VLM that prevents the CAA from granting the AOC to Air Belgium!

And on a side note, VLM is no longer a Flemish airline, it is a Dutch-Chinese airline.
André
ex Sabena #26567

SLM

Post by SLM »

News about VizionAir fokker 50 at Facebook.

A318

Post by A318 »

sn26567 wrote: 11 May 2017, 17:24
And on a side note, VLM is no longer a Flemish airline, it is a Dutch-Chinese airline.
Dutch, Chinese and Canadian is what I understood 8-)
A Whole Different Animal

Mariborchanka

Vizion Air

Post by Mariborchanka »

VLM Airlines to launch "later this year"
source: EX-YU Aviation, http://bit.ly/2rbdKxI

Maribor-based VLM Airlines (VLM Airlines d.d.) has said it will commence operations later this year after it was issued with a Slovenian Air Operator's Certificate (AOC) last week. In a statement, the company said, "VLM Airlines will commence operating scheduled flights from Maribor Airport later this year. Details regarding the number of aircraft to be used, the planned routes and the timetables will be announced at a later stage. Both SHS Antwerp Aviation (Belgium) and VLM Airlines d.d. (Slovenia) want to start joint aviation activities under the common trading name VLM Airlines. To this end, two AOCs were requested, one in Belgium and one in Slovenia". It added, "SHS Antwerp Aviation, the Belgian parent company of VLM Airlines d.d., has applied for an AOC with the Belgian Ministry of Mobility in September 2016, but the certificate has unfortunately not been granted yet. We hope that the fact that a subsidiary of SHS Antwerp Aviation has acquired an AOC in another EU member state can speed up the process in Belgium. The delivery of the AOC for the Slovene subsidiary of SHS Antwerp Aviation does not mean that the Belgian AOC has become obsolete. The procedure for the Belgian AOC remains ongoing despite the delivery of the Slovenian AOC, because both AOCs are essential to implement our business plan. We hope to receive the AOC for SHS Antwerp Aviation as soon as possible".

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

In a telephone conversation the spokesman of VLM (the person who wrote the press release of the above message) told me that scheduled flights would probably be started after the summer. This is the meaning of "later this year "
André
ex Sabena #26567

Sabena youngster

Post by Sabena youngster »

Monday OO-VLS took of for a C check will be back next week.
normally as soon as they have 2 aircraft flying they will start doing charter flights with 1 aircraft (and 1 back-up).

Ev.VH

Post by Ev.VH »

fullsizeoutput_1de.jpeg

FLYAIR10

Post by FLYAIR10 »

3x daily rotation ANR-OST??
Also previous days it seems...
Is this crewtraining or is VLM to 'proove' something for the Belgian authorities to obtain their AOC?? :?

A318

Post by A318 »

FLYAIR10 wrote: 22 May 2017, 21:43
3x daily rotation ANR-OST??
Also previous days it seems...
Is this crewtraining or is VLM to 'proove' something for the Belgian authorities to obtain their AOC?? :?
Crewtraining, touch & go's.
A Whole Different Animal

AAI

Post by AAI »

Today, first charter of the NEWVLM : RTM ARN ( Ajax Footballcharter )
Congratulations !